Aircraft Garage/Hangars - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where the team killing never stops.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-11-21, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Owen
Private

Re: Aircraft Garage/Hangars

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
So I've noticed with Optimization there's a brand new Garage at Scarred Mesa Skydock, Not sure if the same model garage exists anywhere else, much bigger and in my opinion a whole heck of alot cooler then the little garages we get on the Essamire bases that have holes in the roof and it got me to thinking...

Garages are meant to protect your vehicle or safeguard it to a degree while your either hiding or repairing...

Well, can we get Aircraft Hangars? Be cool to land my aircraft for once and not have to be to concerned about a Tank coming over the hill and taking potshots at my bird!

At the very least I figure sense Amp Stations give Air-Resources then they are pretty much the default Air-Base of Planetside2, shouldn't they atleast have more landing pads and maybe a Hangar for aircraft on the landing pad?

Or Tech-Plants have those massive landing platforms and are meant to be these giant factories producing war-machines, can they get a Aircraft Hangar on the landing pad?

Just a discussion, what do you think about the idea of Aircraft Hangars sense ground vehicles get there own Garages?
only problem is getting the ESF efficiently in. We would need something like forward thrusters that would allow the ESF to move forward while grounded.
Old 2013-11-25, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Owen View Post
only problem is getting the ESF efficiently in. We would need something like forward thrusters that would allow the ESF to move forward while grounded.
That's what she said...
Old 2013-11-21, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Well, if anybody remembers the space battles in Star Wars: Battlefront 2, those hangers look like they could be implemented in Planetside 2 one way or another. For instance, the middle runway on tech plants could have walls implemented on either side, and a straightaway all the way through, just slightly move the elevators so aircraft are unaffected on takeoff and landing. maybe even widen the runway a bit. But, IMHO, it doesn't need to be widened. Even an ESF pilot with little to no experience could land in there just fine, granted, the more experience, the less time needed to land in there. Honestly, I think that I could do it myself if I had next to no lag spikes and didn't crash every 5-10 minutes, and I have very little ESF piloting experience compared to most pilots out there.
Old 2013-11-25, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

What about an autopilot function to counter the difficulties of landing in such tight spaces?

Similar to the use button, it could be activated when near enough (along with a low enough airspeed). Similarly, reactivating said function would undock the aircraft.

Something along those lines perhaps to not make the hangars too big.
Old 2013-11-25, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Timithos
Master Sergeant

So they put in another jump pad and a huge garage in for attackers. Facilities shouldn't be pro-attacker, but be designed to be pro-defender, where a smaller force can entrench against a larger force. What facility commander would design facilities like these with such blatant vulnerabilities?

I don't like the garages on Esamir because they're designed for attackers. All the defender's vehicle terminals should get the garage. And hate the teleporters that don't put the defenders any closer to the capture points. And the overboard walls as a "solution" that rob too much from a combined arms play, rather then using 10+ different other mechanics to make facilities better.

I like to see hangers embedded into the cliffs in SE Indar accessed by facility defenders via teleporters, and guarded with AA and gattling turrets at the mouth. Scrap Scarred Mesa's open air platform and embed it down below into the plateau midway up. Perhaps a set of elevators depositing troops there and all the way to the top is the attack point.

Last edited by Timithos; 2013-11-25 at 02:35 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion