PS2 Download. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Public spammer uniform?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-22, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: PS2 Download.

Originally Posted by Astrok View Post
Tray said his work was done(putting down stuff and buildt stuff on the islands) now higby had his work by balancing stuff.

so i guess the islands are done.
No he didn't mean that. His groundwork is done, but there are still loads of artwork.

Remember too that the number of continents won't stop at 3, 3 is just the number for launch. In addition, for all we know they are creating new vehicles to try out but with no intention of releasing right now just as in the same way in PS1 the phantasm existed for years before it went in game.
Old 2012-07-22, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Frankzy
Private

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Luckily we dont really have connections like that in Finland, but yes I understand your interest too
Guess we're a bit privileged here in Scandinavia, i live in the middle of nowhere in northern Sweden and yet i pay about 30€ a month for 100/100 fiber....
Old 2012-07-22, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
EVILoHOMER
Major

You have to remember the game wont be as big because there is no scripted content, no high resolution videos like Max Payne has every 30 seconds and not hours of dialogue because it isn't a single player game. Also the maps aren't hand crafted, they use the same base and building designs copied and pasted sand the same with trees etc etc.

So the game wont be a big file size and that's a good thing so it means more people can play.
Old 2012-07-22, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Man I hope they offer DVD-ROM discs for a few bucks + shipping. *begs*

I think Portal2 was the last game I downloaded, and at 11g it took me 3-4 days of uninterrupted d/ling.

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
You have to remember the game wont be as big because there is no scripted content, no high resolution videos like Max Payne has every 30 seconds and not hours of dialogue because it isn't a single player game. Also the maps aren't hand crafted, they use the same base and building designs copied and pasted sand the same with trees etc etc.

So the game wont be a big file size and that's a good thing so it means more people can play.

Actually the maps are handcrafted, and each base has a unique layout...
Old 2012-07-22, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
ElectroEsper
Private

I wont complain about my internet speed, downloading 20GB at 3.5mb/sec ( about 5% my max speed) take me about 2 hours.

But Im concerned about the size since I got a limit of download/upload by month wich is pretty small, about 100GB combined :/
Old 2012-07-22, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Frankzy View Post
Guess we're a bit privileged here in Scandinavia, i live in the middle of nowhere in northern Sweden and yet i pay about 30€ a month for 100/100 fiber....
Well, as said, it's not Finland, it's my city. I know that Sweden still pwns our internets on a national scale, but you dont really have to go further than the next big city 50km off and you already get the same 100/100 for 30€

I love my city and wouldnt like to move out of there ever, but the internet just pisses me off Perhaps when I graduate and get a job it's not a big problem anymore when I have the money to pay more for the internet, but still.

Luckily though, the quality of the lines is good, so it's not that I pay a lot for small bandwidth and crappy quality, quality is good but speed is just too limited

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-07-22, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Novice bot
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Well, as said, it's not Finland, it's my city. I know that Sweden still pwns our internets on a national scale, but you dont really have to go further than the next big city 50km off and you already get the same 100/100 for 30€

I love my city and wouldnt like to move out of there ever, but the internet just pisses me off Perhaps when I graduate and get a job it's not a big problem anymore when I have the money to pay more for the internet, but still.

Luckily though, the quality of the lines is good, so it's not that I pay a lot for small bandwidth and crappy quality, quality is good but speed is just too limited
Depends, loving the DNA's new DC/LTE 4G's, I mean, LTE smacks you 90mb/s with ease if you're at a good location.
Old 2012-07-22, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

ill stick with my 30Mb/1.5Mb Unlimited for now.
Old 2012-07-22, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Novice bot View Post
Depends, loving the DNA's new DC/LTE 4G's, I mean, LTE smacks you 90mb/s with ease if you're at a good location.
You guys have actual LTE 4G over there. Here in Canada the regulatory body decided that HSPA+ was enough of an upgrade to 3G for it to be called "4G" and as a result we may never see LTE (except in major cities, for cell phones and tablets...).

Even still, after looking into a bit more it seems that all the "4G" operators here charge $94 - $100 / month for 15GB and $10 - $35/GB overage, with no price cap. By comparison, DSL/Fiber and Cable Internet costs $49.99/m for 75GB with $2.00/GB overage to a max. $80/month!

I'm not sure how it's even legal for the telcos to rape "rural" customers with their 4G pricing, especially when "rural" really means "the telco is too cheap to extend their service, in my case, 500m"...

*sigh*

It's a very annoying issue that I've had to live with for the last 7 years. Sure, we could move, but that would be stupid, because we like everything about our house/yard/etc...

Last edited by Tatwi; 2012-07-22 at 12:34 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Novice bot
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
You guys have actual LTE 4G over there. Here in Canada the reglatory body decided that HSPA+ was enough of an upgrade to 3G for it to be called "4G" and as a result we may never see LTE.

Even still, after looking into a bit more it seems that all the "4G" operators here charge $94 - $100 / month for 15GB and $10 - $35/GB overage, with price cap. By comparison, DSL/Fiber and Cable Internet costs $49.99/m for 75GB with $2.00/GB overage to a max. $80/month!

I'm not sure how it's even legal for the telcos to rape "rural" customers with their 4G pricing, especially when "rural" really means "the telco is too cheap to extend their service, in my case, 500m"...

*sigh*

It's a very annoying issue that I've had to live with for the last 7 years. Sure, we could move, but that would be stupid, because we like everything about our house/yard/etc...
4G DC supports up-to 50mb/s currently, and LTE up to 100. The amusing thing is, LTE 4g costs 39,90 € a month + the extremely expensive carriable modem device. But its a rather cheap alternative. 21mb/s 3g costs approximately 14 euro's a month, but from what I've tested, the latencies still aren't good enough gaming wise, even though the download speeds are higher.

Still satisfied with my 8/1 mb/s. Mainly thanks to my ISP being so god damn efficient when it comes to handling the net work, I smack 20 pings to good Swedish servers (which I primarily play FPS on).
Old 2012-07-22, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
demonicale
Sergeant

You don't expect someone to break they're NDA and tell you right?.
Just asking.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by demonicale View Post
You don't expect someone to break they're NDA and tell you right?.
Just asking.
Guess you didn't read the post.I said IF THIS VIOLATES NDA THEN DISREGARD THIS POST. I don't see the harm in telling us the file size and I dont think that violates NDA.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
demonicale
Sergeant

Originally Posted by FINALCUT View Post
Guess you didn't read the post.I said IF THIS VIOLATES NDA THEN DISREGARD THIS POST. I don't see the harm in telling us the file size and I dont think that violates NDA.
I kinda glanced at your post if i'm honest, and i did'nt mean my post to sound alil nasty or anything .. was just saying
Old 2012-07-22, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Xeller
Corporal

I know the feeling. My ISP promises 3-5 mbit/s but I really only average 0.6-0.9 mbit/s. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so everyone gets their internet through these special wireless broadcast towers (They might use radio waves? I'm not familiar enough with the technology) so it has just always been really unreliable.
Old 2012-07-22, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Wrekriem
Private

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
Far as I know, only Indar is finished. They're working on Amerish, with Esamir to follow. 3 continents are planned for release. I imagine we'll see them all during open beta.

And for the record, while I don't know how SOE is setting up their terrain files, WoW's vanilla continent textures (the entire "landscape" was a single massive texture on top of a height map) were each an entire 4 terabyte texture crunched down to a much more reasonable size.

Again, I don't know how SOE tackles texturing their continents. It would actually be pretty cool if a dev came in and informed us about how big a continent file really is, including JUST the height map and texture overlay, not the buildings and other natural objects on them.
Esamir! *glee*
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion