Taking Damage In Spawn Room - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What you think this is an AA forum for Planetside Addicts?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-10-02, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RageTell
Private

Angry Taking Damage In Spawn Room

Im not sure if this is the right area for this post, so if it isnt then hopefully a mod will move it.

Anyways, today on Indar VS was defending a tower against TR. We were way outnumbered and they had a dozen vehicles outside. Lots of people where dying as TR pushed its way into the tower and set up camp directly outside the spawn room. All is ordinary at this point and I am simply trying to get as many kills as possible before they cap the tower. And this is where things got wierd (and stayed wierd for the remainder of my play session, until I eventually rage quit). So, im standing in the spawn room, near the equipment terminal (no where near a shield/doorway) when I sundenly start taking little dings of damage. Kind of like one or two bullets would hit me every 5 seconds. It wasnt enough to kill me but it was still very strange. Then out of nowhere (remember, I am in the middle of the tower spawn room at this time, I am not playing chicken in the door ways or shield) I start taking explosive damage, and it kills me within seconds! Someone revives me shortly after and I accept the revive, assuming the damage taken was some kind of server lag thing. So I am up and in the same spot, safely looking at switching to my max when I take a few more dings of bullet type damage. So I pulled my max and make my way for A, hopeful to get a few kills and leave. On my way to the doorway/spawn room shield I get killed my an engineers turret! I get revived, and now im freaking out so i franticly make my way back to the equipment terminal and decide to just redeploy and leave cause this is wierd. So I press delete and start the redeploy timer. 10, 9, 8, 7.....DING! redeploy canceled! I started taking damage again (thankfully I have an engi on me repairing me from this random damage). So now I am attempting to re deploy and it is continuously getting canceled and Im getting repaired and shit is just wierd! I even got a PM from the engi repairing me went something like "you are taking damage from nowhere". So I said F it! and just didnt accept the revive upon my next death. I died 4 or 5 times in that tower and none of those deaths were outside the spawn room.

I know that was a long post but this really upset me. I left the tower and went to find another fight elsewhere.

So I respawn at a nearby base and the same thing starts happening. Needless to say, it didnt take long for me to rage quit.

Has anything like this happened to you guys before??? I play on Connery and this was happening around 5:30 PST on Indar.
Old 2013-10-02, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Re: Taking Damage In Spawn Room

Sounds like you were bugged out because I've found splashing into the spawn room is largely fixed.
Old 2013-10-03, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Obstruction
First Sergeant

you should have just relogged your client
Old 2013-10-03, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
PredatorFour
Major

I've noticed more bugs like this popping up recently too. I've experienced; this one you speak off, the double load up screen whilst i was fighting TR in a bio, releasing flares only to get instantly locked on again and blown up,releasing flares only for the missile to hit anyway, the death screen whilst i was STILL ALIVE lol (i could still move on the death screen and when i 'redeployed' i was still in max and no death counted)

I wish they'd hurry up optimising and fix the game. It seems to be getting worse recently.

Last edited by PredatorFour; 2013-10-03 at 05:52 AM.
Old 2013-10-03, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
RageTell
Private

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
death screen whilst i was STILL ALIVE
This has happened to me so many time I just accept it as part of the game now lol. Whever this happens (and it seems to happen 1 out of every 20 or so times I get revived) I just press re deploy and move on haha.

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
I wish they'd hurry up optimising and fix the game. It seems to be getting worse recently.
I agree 100%

I have thought to myself at times, "is it just me or does the game seem to be getting worse with each patch/update".

I made my first character in April of '13 and iirc the game ran smoother AND looked better at that time. When they shot me into my first battle (I was so lost & confused....good times) I remember getting 30 frames easy on Indar during the bigger fights. Now I have to run low settings to get that same performance.
Old 2013-10-03, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by RageTell View Post
This has happened to me so many time I just accept it as part of the game now lol. Whever this happens (and it seems to happen 1 out of every 20 or so times I get revived) I just press re deploy and move on haha.
Gotta love the people who shout out in prox chat saying they are stuck and to kill them. I'll kill you too if you ask in prox and I see you!
Old 2013-10-03, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
RageTell
Private

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Gotta love the people who shout out in prox chat saying they are stuck and to kill them. I'll kill you too if you ask in prox and I see you!
haha I have seen this a few times

There was a time when somebody requested this in prox and there was about 5 or 6 friendlies rushing to his location to get the kill
Old 2013-10-03, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Escroteitor
Private

I am simply trying to get as many kills as possible before they cap the tower
If you don't want to have dozens of vehicles outside, you're doing it wrong.
Old 2013-10-03, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
RageTell
Private

Originally Posted by Escroteitor View Post
If you don't want to have dozens of vehicles outside, you're doing it wrong.
The fuck?

Where did you come from and why are you posting here?

This thread is about a bug. Not whatever you are talking about.
Old 2013-10-03, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Osskscosco
Corporal

They re added this a few months ago and they will probably fix it in a year, SOE style.

It's terribly annoying.
Old 2013-10-03, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Heh, guess the patch didn't completely fix the issue... Yet again

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion