PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No brain, no pain.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-02-04, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
bjorntju1
Captain

Re: PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive

Originally Posted by Smed View Post
If by black and red you mean the fluids leaking from a TR soldier's brains when I make them into a smear on the front of my Reaver then yeah.. everything looks better in black and red! ( I like purple too btw... Vanu bleed too!)

NC ftw!

And all you people saying "that looks like a mosquito".. you haven't seen the mosquito yet (I guess I just confirmed that we HAVE a mosquito)...we're striking a balance between old and new that you should judge for yourself when you see it all in the game.

And all you pilots out there. These are not your daddy's toys. They have a whole new physics and feel to them that will require skilled pilots and will absolutely separate the men from the boys in the cockpit. We've put a lot of time and energy into how things feel in this game.

Smed
I'd just have to ask. If you don't shoot, you always miss, as we say here in Holland.

About that interview to Eurogamer, you said:

"And we haven't announced a release date for it but you can expect it... We're looking at late first-quarter, early second-quarter [2011]."

What do you mean by that? That we can except a release date at that time, or that we can execpt the game itself by that time?

Anyways, It looks absolutely great! I cant wait to play the Beta or/and full game!
Old 2011-02-04, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Very Very cool Smed, Thanks for telling us some more info

Been waiting for this for weeks. Thanks for interacting with the community. Very nice of you
Old 2011-02-04, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I did not expect PS:N aircraft to fly like WWII planes. I expect VTOL with a more realistic "floaty" feel. The reason air-ground whoring is soo bad in PS is because an aircraft can just sit there and keep his sight pinpointed. If a hovering aircraft drifted and was affected by wind, recoil, etc. that would awesome and feel much more real.

Great job Smed - FREEDOM is our FUTURE!!

I am also wondering about the radar array on top. I wonder if all aircraft will have radar and if that will only detect vehicles or other aircraft. A Mossie could specialize in detecting infantry or ground vehicles, if other aircraft do not. It also raises the question of whether these components could be damaged or knocked out. Same for weapons.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2011-02-04, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Westy543 View Post
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how AWESOME my jackhammer is.
I'm sorry I can't hear either of you over the sound of my Chain Blade
Old 2011-02-04, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Krushiev
Private

If by black and red you mean the fluids leaking from a TR soldier's brains when I make them into a smear on the front of my Reaver then yeah.. everything looks better in black and red! ( I like purple too btw... Vanu bleed too!)

NC ftw!

And all you people saying "that looks like a mosquito".. you haven't seen the mosquito yet (I guess I just confirmed that we HAVE a mosquito)...we're striking a balance between old and new that you should judge for yourself when you see it all in the game.

And all you pilots out there. These are not your daddy's toys. They have a whole new physics and feel to them that will require skilled pilots and will absolutely separate the men from the boys in the cockpit. We've put a lot of time and energy into how things feel in this game.

Smed
Ahem... Loyalty until death!

But damn, it's good to hear about the physics change for the birds. Can't wait to see it in action.

But seriously... More TR colours plz.
Old 2011-02-04, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Canaris
Contributor
General

that's amazing looking, I'm loving the direction of the new military models for PS-N
Old 2011-02-04, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
CGar
Private

This just made my friday, THANK YOU Smedley!
Old 2011-02-04, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Kiowa
Private

Smeds, you are awesome. I don't know if you read my tweet offering a certain drawing in exchange for a Reaver render, but either way thank you sir. I'll be working on that drawing.

On that note, any chance you can confirm that it is in fact a two seater? If so, $5 for a Mosquito render!

I'm glad to hear that it'll be tougher to be a skilled pilot in PS:N than it is in PlanetSide. Should I invest in a new joystick or will mouse and keyboard still do the trick?
Old 2011-02-04, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
ZaFo711
Private

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Yes that is interesting it is def a two seater.. interesting twist!
maybe there trying to turn the reaver into a gunship like a apache which would be cool but i see alot of people getting angry about the drastic change to there reaver lol
Old 2011-02-04, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Tikuto
Major

Ooooo shit. took me a while to determine whether or not it was a real-life image of a toy with NC painted on it.

Honestly, though, looks more like an evolved .. or even devolved Mosquito.

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)
Old 2011-02-04, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Kiowa
Private

Originally Posted by ZaFo711 View Post
maybe there trying to turn the reaver into a gunship like a apache which would be cool but i see alot of people getting angry about the drastic change to there reaver lol
Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled when I saw that it appears to be a 2 seater. I love my reaver, but there is still the Mosquito, and maybe new aircraft. Hopefully the Wasp disappears and its name is never spoken again.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to all of the "pilots" that can't do much other than turret. They might actually have to fly
Old 2011-02-04, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Sirisian
Colonel

They have a whole new physics and feel to them that will require skilled pilots and will absolutely separate the men from the boys in the cockpit.
Does that mean we can do barrel rolls and loops now?

I've always wanted to take a liberator and do barrel roll as I drop bombs on my targets. If you answer any question please answer that one.
Old 2011-02-04, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Tikuto
Major

Totally excited. We're all in this together. STOKED! Woot! xD

Hamma, post this image to every gaming website in the world!!!! It be a holy mission.
Old 2011-02-04, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Nobel
Master Sergeant

Anyone else hoping for a Flight style similar to BF2142?
Old 2011-02-04, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Canaris
Contributor
General

I was a big fan of the flight system in original PS, it let you do some very sweet maneuvers, can't wait to hear some further details on what you got in store for us this time round Mr Smed

Oh and of course "Loyalty Unto Death", TR 4 life
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion