Reminder to SOE: Full Patch Notes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I like your socks, might I fondle them?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-29, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ChrisLand
Corporal

Exclamation Reminder to SOE: Full Patch Notes

(This is also posted on the PS2 Official Forums located here. If you agree I would really appreciate a upvote.)

My apologizes PSU if this is not the correct place to post this, I was not sure where it would fit in. Please move it if needed.

------------

With Game Update 2 quickly approaching I want to remind the SOE team to include full, detailed patch notes this time.

When Game Update 1 came out the patch notes did not list multiple significant changes that the players had to discover on their own.

Please include:
  • All gameplay changes in detail
  • All bug fixes
  • All cosmetic changes / additions
  • All things done for optimization
  • Overall any changes made that will be seen for the first time by your playerbase

The only thing I'll give you a pass on is anti-cheat measures as those should not be public for obvious reasons.

The more detail, the better. If your patch notes are 4 pages long then I say good job. If you are worried about confusing your players, then post a summary of the notes prior to the detailed version. I don't care how you do it, but please make the details public.

This is a win-win for SOE and the players. With detailed patch notes:
  1. SOE will have a comprehensive list in one place of everything changed (I bet you already have this...just make it public)
  2. A historical record of the game changes will be created in detail so future players can go back and see how far the game has progressed.
  3. Players will actually SEE all the work the devs are doing which should quiet the winers a bit.
  4. Players will be fully informed which coincides with your recent player interaction philosophy.

I have been impressed with the changes listed in the hotfix threads over the last month and I have no reason to think that it will not continue with the game update 2 notes...

I just want to remind you so we do not have to make threads like this.
Old 2013-01-29, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Reminder to SOE: Full Patch Notes

Totally agree, nothing more to say really
Old 2013-01-29, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Chewy
Major

Na, wait till Friday for the patch and then post the details Monday. Give us an entire weekend to stumble about and figure things out ourselves. Sound more fun that way and can lead to real and moments.
Old 2013-01-29, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
RSphil
Contributor
Major

rendering needs to be sorted. got sniped 3 times by snipers i knew they where there but couldnt see them to kill them yet they could see me. makes sniping impossible if people are zoning in and out of view.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion