PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I am a gangster.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-02-13, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
AncientVanu
Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
IF they are going to do it then do it right and hard core no half assing. I just want them to get this really right cause so many other games have not. And it will be perfectly balanced if they do the AA and fighter/interceptor i.e mosquito right in the game. You will need air superiority established where the gun ships operate cause they won't stand a chance against interceptors but if you can gain control of the air these gunships would be able to be a game changer for outdoor combat and move the battle up to the bases and a excellent companion to the vanguard.
That image is not new, there are many images of the Reaver with combat load in the media section, on this one you can even see the Mosquito armed with rockets/missiles:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...g?hotlink=true

The devs said you can customize the payload of the aircraft in the game, that is you can load them with air-to-ground or air-to-air weapons or both. This will allow to use them in different roles, as interceptors, attack aircraft or multi-role fighters. That goes for the Mosquito as well, it's not going to be a dedicated interceptor. The difference between the Reaver, the Mosquito and the Scythe I expect to be in: speed, shield and hit points values, and maneuverability. I expect the AA and AG weaponry they will use to have some specifics too in terms of damage, ROF, AOE, guidance, etc.

Last edited by AncientVanu; 2012-02-13 at 05:52 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion