prosiebensat1 . what will it mean for ps2? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Earth Is Full - Go Home
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-17, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Squidrid
Private

prosiebensat1 . what will it mean for ps2?

i just got an email from sony that says a German company with an awful track record in gaming is going to be handling all of the EU side of many of sonys games including Planetside 2. now i planned to play Planetside 2 on a US server to play with many of the friends i have made over the years in other games. however something i discovered on the DCUO forums has distressed me greatly.

Can players still access the U.S. servers?
Under the new partnership between SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games, European players of the above mentioned SOE games will be able to play via ProSiebenSat.1 Games’s service and will not have access to U.S. servers. However, existing EverQuest II players in Europe that have played on U.S. servers before the transition will be allowed to continue playing on those servers through their SOE accounts.

Can U.S. players log on to the European servers?
U.S.-based players will have access to the U.S. servers only.

if this is true of Planetside 2 then im going to be locked out of playing with many of my friends. and really who wants to play a massive strategic game like this alone?
Old 2012-08-17, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sotonian
Corporal

Re: prosiebensat1 . what will it mean for ps2?

i thought it was said by several sources that Planetside2 would not have any region locking?
Old 2012-08-17, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Shogun
Contributor
General

that´s old information... there is a thread with over 1000 posts about this and all issues have been put to rest.

you will be able to play on every server from everywhere!

europe players will have to use another client (from prosiebensat1) but they will have access to the same game and the same servers as everybody who uses the soe client.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-08-17 at 10:20 AM.
Old 2012-08-17, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Squidrid
Private

huh . i only got the e-mail an hour or so ago :S but ty for clearing that up . i was panicing a little
Old 2012-08-17, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shogun
Contributor
General

you are not alone, the panic got us all, when this was first announced. along with some other weird stuff in the first prosiebensat1 / soe deal FAQ.

hence the (almost) biggest thread on psu ever, full of ranting.

but soe and pro7 heard our concerns (and the concerns of all other soe game communities) and they worked out solutions for all the problems we had with this deal.
and some fans just met the pro7 team at gamescom in germany, to get answers to the questions left. basti will do another interview this weekend, so stay tuned.

the pro7 team are great guys, and my concerns are gone, since i met a few of them in person.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-08-17, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Squidrid
Private

i wont lie . i had a powerful rage building from the moment i read what they had done to dcuo. i dont play it . but i was horrified by it. a better worded email might have helped. :S
Old 2012-08-17, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by Sotonian View Post
i thought it was said by several sources that Planetside2 would not have any region locking?
It has account region lock. You can play on any server, but you must have account based on your region (Pro7 one for EU). Thats far from "not having region lock".
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion