blatant and deliberate team killing... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It floats MY boat
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-01-05, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info
blatant and deliberate team killing...

I did a search on this topic, and boy, there are a lot of existing threads about this.

I deliberated resurrecting one of those but decided not too.

My story is a little different.

Twice this weekend I have been knifed by a guy in the same faction.

Both occasions happened at a time when I was an infiltrator, so perhaps these two guys simply hate infiltrators of any faction.

Tonight, I was at a Sundy changing into a Heavy because I decided that, seeing as there was a lot of enemy air around I could help more by bringing my Hawk into play.

Just as I changed this geezer knifed me. Knifing take two strokes to kill and is why I am saying it is deliberate.

I messaged him, asking why did he do it, but I was ignored. I could have reported him but I've found out, to my frustration, that this is a waste of time because SOE don't respond at all.

The funny thing was, a little bit later in the game, I killed a TR dood with exactly the same name, except the last character (a number) was different. It was a lucky kill too, so all the more funny.

I've since found out that this guy has three characters on Ceres all ending in 97, 98 and 99. Shortly after teamkilling me he switched faction. It was a real stroke of "good fortune" that we crossed paths like we did. I'd almost consider myself to be a hacker, which is a hilarious concept...

It really pisses me off though when peeps do this. I've been deliberately run over more than once, although it's always more difficult to prove that. And I've accidentally walked into the line of fire and so that is a my fault.

But knifing, for me, is such a deliberate and quite snide act to carry out. I understand that some peeps accidentally shoot others just as a reflex. I've done that once or twice myself. And even if someone walks in front of me as I pull the trigger, I message them and apologise, each and every time, no matter what I am up to at the time.

Anyway, rant over for now... I'm sure you've all had enough of peeps moaning about this.........
Old 2014-01-05, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
OCNSethy
Major

Re: blatant and deliberate team killing...

Ive never understood why people feeled compelled to do this. Ive experienced a 4th factioner who was running around as TR TKing everyone is sight and when fired upon by the 'enemy' messaged "Dont shoot! I am Vanu!"

We hunted that SOB all night. Its a wonder we where not all kicked for TKing. Ended up reporting him/her as well. Havent seen that char since.
Old 2014-01-05, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sirisian
Colonel

I don't mind that too much. The only thing that bothers me is friendlies who blow up friendly mines. I don't think it gives grief so there are people that run around shooting them all when they find them.
Old 2014-01-06, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Blynd
First Sergeant

Or freindliew blowing their own factions sundies its just a lame way of trying to win the fight your at.
Old 2014-01-06, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
I don't mind that too much.
What don't you mind? Deliberate TK'ing or accidental TK'ing?

I mean, I certainly don't mind being accidentally killed, although it would be nice to receive an apology every now and then.

But, no, deliberate TK'ing will always annoy the hell out of me... And I realise that now I've said that there will be guys queuing up to stab me in the back now LOL
Old 2014-01-06, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Not that long ago I had one asshat teamkilling me and a couple of others, while ignoring everyone else.
I banded together with the others he was teamkilling and we made sure he made good use of the spawn tubes.
Later on he returned while there was a Biolab fight going on and started killing me again... Too bad for him that I was the only medic around and the other TR didn't take kindly to his actions. He then returned as a MAX and punched me which prompted me to just let him die without ressing or repping him.
Lesson being: Don't fuck with support players, when they are the only ones in the area.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-01-06, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

While TK'ing is annoying, I feel that grief should be turned off for outfit/squad and platoon members.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2014-01-06, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
While TK'ing is annoying, I feel that grief should be turned off for outfit/squad and platoon members.
Aye, while it's rather funny to see certain team mates possibly get locked because they crashed a galaxy full of people it's also rather unfair.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-01-06, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

This can be a real P.I.T.A. I once had an outfit "put out a hit" on me. We had just taken a point in a base and I took up position covering a doorway. With no warning, get the death screen, it's another Terran. Sent a tell asking what the hell was going on. Was told that there was "a hit out on me" by their outfit.

I pulled up the Alliance spreadsheet with the TS info and logged onto their server. After politely explaining the situation to an Outfit leader was told this was because "I had been deliberately targeting them". Yeah RIIIGHTTT...sent them my PLanetside2Players link and asked them point out all of their members on my killboard...hint: there were none..

Needless to say, there are ways to make the "problem children" go away...
Old 2014-01-06, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Yeah, if the teamkiller is in an outfit I have, in the recent past, asked the question "why" on the outfit forum, if they have one. You at least get an apology that way, sometimes.

But when the teamkiller is a loaner then it can be impossible to track him down.

The guy that stabbed me the other night immediately committed suicide and then came back as a TR character and I only found that out by complete accident.

One ploy I tried was inviting a guy that had stabbed me into our squad. The guy accepted and it didn't take me long to exact my revenge. I then left the squad and went elsewhere for five minutes, cos I didn't want to get into a prolonged tit for tat. By that time he had left the squad himself and I didn't see him again. At least I don't think so... you just never know do you?

I've always said that I would never do that but when it comes to knifing I have decided to say, "sod the ethics." The bastard dies.
Old 2014-01-07, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Back when PS1 was popular, I got into a rivalry with some guy for no reason that I can recall. Every time I saw him, I'd try to OS him. Sometimes I would get his Vanguard and any friendlies dumb enough to be next to him.

To this day I don't even know why it started... not that I care, some of the funniest TKs I ever saw sent him to the spawn room.

Old 2014-01-07, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
camycamera
Major

hm, the last time i remember getting TK'd on purpose that was not from my own outfit, was when we were running a platoon, and a guy in a platoon came up to many of us and killed us. he ran away, we kicked him out of the platoon, then he joined again and i think he TK'd again, and at that point we reported him and kicked him again.

people are strange , maybe he was a NC or VS spy? :O
Old 2014-01-07, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Artimus
Master Sergeant

How about getting weapons locked from people spawn glitching under your sundy accidentally killing them causing yourself greif. *facepalm*
Old 2014-01-07, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
How about getting weapons locked from people spawn glitching under your sundy accidentally killing them causing yourself greif. *facepalm*
Being run over by a friendly should only apply grief if the person who got run over decides to apply it. Stick a prompt on the death screen, "Apply grief points to ______ for running you over with their ______?" [YES] [NO]. Default it to NO after 10 seconds of not selecting a response. Most of the time it's accidental and I imagine a lot of people would choose not to apply the grief.
Old 2014-02-02, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

*sigh*

Got team killed again yesterday. I asked the player why he killed me and his reply (at least he replied) was, "you are camping in the spawn room and not helping..."

I've said this before, I'm not that good a player. I sometimes hang around in the spawn room to figure out what I CAN do to help. Otherwise, I just run outside and die, therefore not helping anyway.

Irony was, in this case, I was changing from my infil sniper loadout to my infil SMG loadout and this player shot me in the head while I was at the terminal. I'd been having a good morning, for me, and I was heading out to a point, to practice my CQ "skills."

So I can only assume that this player had seen me either earlier in the game that morning, or other days, and decided I needed punishing.

Why?

So what, if I'm "not helping." Why am I not allowed to play this game in my own way, for my own enjoyment.

I wasn't in a squad yesterday and I deliberately denied a number of requests to join one, because sometimes I just want to go it alone. If I do join a squad, I help as much as I can by following a group of guys, reviving as much as I can before I die myself. Or I'll sit on a point to defend it as best I can.

Earlier that morning, I was on Esamir and the NC was attempting to take a base from the TR. I set up camp in some hills and I spotted a sniper on the roof of the spawn room. In fifteen minutes I had killed the same sniper five times. How was counter sniping that not helping?

At other times I help loads. When I look at my stats I have umpteen ribbons for repairing/healing/reviving, so how is that not helping?

FFS, I even got my first ever C-4 kill yesterday, and I only certed that last week. How is that not helping.

These people who think they can be judge, jury and executioner really piss me off.

Okay, I may piss people off because I sometimes don't run out of the spawn room as soon as I spawn, but why don't they just leave me alone and get on with their own game?

Anyway, whatever... Fortunately it doesn't happen much and at the moment...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion