How to tell if a pilot is... cheating? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does this Thresher have cupholders?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-12, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How to tell if a pilot is... cheating?

The same thing happened in PS1 with Mossies.

They became the ultimate snipers thanks to aimers.
If aircraft have anti inf weapons they should always have a serious arc.
Old 2013-01-12, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
FreeSpeech
Corporal

If he's piloting an NC Reaver and he's owning the sky, he's a cheater. Reavers suck complete ass in all respects compared to others. Hell a Liberator is able to take 3 entire salvos of breaker rockets and rotary cannons and STILL be alive! The Reaver can take about ..........4 hits and it's dead.
Old 2013-01-12, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
The same thing happened in PS1 with Mossies.

They became the ultimate snipers thanks to aimers.
If aircraft have anti inf weapons they should always have a serious arc.
I don't think there was ever an aimbot created for PS1. Those were just good mossie pilots.

Increased ROF/COF and no-reload made Reavers hell in the air though.
Old 2013-01-12, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
I don't think there was ever an aimbot created for PS1. Those were just good mossie pilots.

Increased ROF/COF and no-reload made Reavers hell in the air though.

Ummm ya. PS1 had no aim bots??

BTW Im not talking about the first year.
Old 2013-01-12, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Ummm ya. PS1 had no aim bots??

BTW Im not talking about the first year.
ROF changes
COF changes
Teleport
No Reload
Gamma hacks
Radar hacks
infinite afterburn - also usable by VS maxes
The dual core exploit which became a speed hack. Also a less used script for increased run speed.
-Were the most common

Pull hack where someone could call all of the people from an SOI and insta-kill them under the world.

Several exploits, like router placement and creating invulnerable vehicles.

The true hackers that didn't cheat but were able to break into the game itself - you know the Terms of Service Violation movies.
They were able to do some pretty crazy stuff with weapon switching and such.

But no, there was no aimbot.
Old 2013-01-13, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

those videos.... why would you do that? i dont see how that could be fun, and why in the world would you tape yourself doing it except to prove to SOE that people can and are doing it?

really need to get more people watching this. only thing ive really seen on Mattherson is people shoting from underground or through walls occasionally

edit: i realize its not eh poster doing it, those are more of rhetorical questions.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Solkanarmy
Private

I think some people just don't have the skill to become average at the game so they feel they have to get a cheat program - we were chased down in a liberator at 700m by a TR heavy assault, on foot, who was able to maintain speeds of 140km/h+ and hit us with his rockets from point blank range.

I found it funny that I'm enough of a threat that cheaters have to come after me instead of trying to beat me fairly^^ still, I don't understand how anyone would get any sense of accomplishment or victory when using a program like that. Hopefully SoE is saving a list of people who have tried it, even once, to ban once they're comfortable again and have spent some SC, just so it stings that little bit more

Also, talking of cheats, the day after the crash exploit was fixed, we pushed up to the TR warpgate on Woodman for the first time since just after the patch. It's a shame that there was a correlation like that because it makes the TR look like a bunch of cheaters, when in fact they're a very small minority.

So yeah, cheating in fact negatively influences your side... if you want amazing stats and no sense of accomplishment at all, I request that SoE creates a BR 100 character with all weapons, 1000 K/D, and places it on a banned account that anyone may claim to own. There, problem solved
Old 2013-01-13, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Happytrail
Private

old but still valid
that is what i think cheaters deserve
Old 2013-01-13, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Brusi
Contributor
Major

I was going to start a thread with this title...

I assume it would have been derailed as often as this one anyway, so i'll just pose the question again, in a slightly different way.

How can I tell the difference between an Aircraft that is operating abnormally due to some effect of lag and when it is actually some effect of a third-party program, that is giving the player controlling it an edge in combat.

I honestly want to know this as i hate to hackusate, ever... but sometimes i'll see an enemy ESF move in a way that does not look possible.

I've seen the effects of leaving torrents downloading while you are playing PS2, and it makes people teleport all over my screen. I can only assume that i am teleporting around on other peoples screens, or at least moving really fast as i rubber-band between "last known" locations. This might personally make me look dodgy, but i can say that it is in no way performance enhancing, lol.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2013-01-17, 02:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Quadron
Private

Here is a video of a player speed hacking in a liberator on the SolTech server. I've reported this person and made multiple SOE tickets, and so have others, as far as I know, he has not been banned yet.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion