Gunning Certification - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't your eyes hurt from this tiny text?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-04-11, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Gunning Certification

In the MMORPG.com interview Higby stated that Gunning will be a Certification-based role, knowing that I will be able to continue my favorite activity of firing tank shells while drinking a beer is very exciting. I want to know everyone's thoughts/ideas on the different things you could implement.

Mine so far:

- Advanced Targeting Systems including armor/shields remaining, a lock-on based diagnostic scanner to determine the scanned vehicle's load-out, and a spotting system for the gunner to mark targets that only show up for their driver and vice versa and can be prioritized manually or automatically based on pre-set conditions like least health remaining, driver-only or has-gunner first, closest, etc.
- Reload rate
- Granted access to use the "advanced weapons" that a driver can unlock, not necessarily more powerful but more a variety of strategic options for AV/AI/AA like a low-range flamethrower as an alternative to machine gun for AI (situational trade-offs)
- Enhanced Zoom
- Visual range detection via the Crosshair color, definitive color shift when out of range and varying shades of red for how close it is (I assume target distance in meters will be part of the HUD but this lets you keep an eye on your target)
- Decreased boot-up time for weapons systems when entering the gunner seat
- Gunner can hold a Single vehicle ammunition clip refill kit as an emergency reserve in exchange for a primary weapon which can be used for their own tank without getting out or can be deployed to a different vehicle.
- Ability to bail from a vehicle past the standard damage point-of-no-return

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion