Clownside 2 - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Best lil whorehouse on the web
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-07, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Clownside 2

The hell

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-07, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Haro
Master Sergeant

So it's the adults and mature folk who are getting all upset over what items people wear in a game? And we're all looking for dark, military themed stuff in a Planetside game, where the shotguns have triple barrels and the armor was always brightly colored? 'K.

Listen, I get it, I had my own ideas of what Planetside 2's factions would look like (death korp or Helghast for TR, more Unreal type armor for NC, crazy final fantasy like armor for VS that hardly looks human.). And I'm all for added items, no matter what the style. Dark and military? Sure, I'd be interested in that. But seriously, you're so upset that there are people you see for a few seconds are wearing very small horns or some other bright colors besides the bright colors we already wear? Get over yourselves. Look at the bright side, at least the kids aren't on your lawns yet.
Old 2013-02-08, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #108
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I want this helmet.

Last edited by Sledgecrushr; 2013-02-08 at 06:11 AM.
Old 2013-02-08, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #109
superseohyun
Private

Originally Posted by Haro View Post
Listen, I get it, I had my own ideas of what Planetside 2's factions would look like (death korp or Helghast for TR, more Unreal type armor for NC, crazy final fantasy like armor for VS that hardly looks human.).
yes yes yes! i would kill for such design

Last edited by superseohyun; 2013-02-08 at 06:48 AM.
Old 2013-02-08, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #110
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post

I want this helmet.
I think the game could have room for Swords also, TR has a chain going round the edge, NC with a big massive sword, and VS with a Lightsaber type thing !!!

OHK, obviously no range (mele) and needs to be pulled out like a weapon (replaces the Pistols).

T-RAY....... you know you want to
Old 2013-02-08, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #111
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Haro View Post
But seriously, you're so upset that there are people you see for a few seconds are wearing very small horns or some other bright colors besides the bright colors we already wear? Get over yourselves. Look at the bright side, at least the kids aren't on your lawns yet.
Like it or not but immersion is a huge part of the game experience that people seem to underestimate. Whether your tank gets destroyed from the back by some serious military hardware from a bad ass looking sci-fi spec ops or on the other hand with that "Penetrator" by some clown in an 80's-gone-wrong outfit, makes all the difference in how you experience this game. You can ridicule about this what you want but in the end, it is as important as smooth gun play and a good meta game. There's a reason why I don't play otherwise excellent games like Team Fortress 2 or Guild Wars 2: It's just not my setting and I'm not the only one.

So yes, general art direction of this game is a serious concern that should be addressed. And I'm not saying this game per se needs to look dark Helghast, it just needs to look bad-ass.

So not this:

But rather this:
Old 2013-02-08, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #112
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Rolfski, I actually prefer the ha with the skull mask rather than the sci fi diva you picked.
Old 2013-02-08, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #113
Rolfski
Major

Rolfski, I actually prefer the ha with the skull mask rather than the sci fi diva you picked.
Are you kidding me? Sigh, I guess I understand now why you want Roman helmets in this game.
Old 2013-02-08, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I will not wear a funky space clam on my head. It just looks dumb to me.
Old 2013-02-08, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #115
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Skull helms and such are part of the Planetside look.

And I find it hilarious that the people saying "Skull helms are for 12 year old's" want them replaced with Anime inspired designs.
Old 2013-02-08, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

I want this helmet.
Look at the APEX helms, and wonder what may have inspired them.

And lastly, the INF helm, maybe that's what you were looking for?

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2013-02-08 at 09:20 AM.
Old 2013-02-08, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
Rolfski
Major

It's not that bad, imo. I picked it because it resembled a female Vanu to me. But you get the idea.

Btw: Can't wait for the devs to let us create our own content and let them do the selection. I'm sure it will improve things like cosmetics considerably.

Old 2013-02-08, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Ok Rolfski I found a sci fi max helmet I really like.

Old 2013-02-08, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

LMAO @ The Penetrator!

MBroome is going to be the SOE dev interviewee on next week's FNO. He is a senior artist, and is one of the helmet designers (if not THE helmet designer).

So this is your chance to let him know what you would like to see, instead of Mad Max: Beyond Battlefield Auraxis.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
Wahooo
Captain

Opinions are like assholes right?

What one person finds "in the spirit of the game" another won't. And to be honest, immersion is about as UNIMPORTANT so many people as it is IMPORTANT to others. Why do you think RPG's have separate RP servers? Because to the people that like it, it becomes essential to enjoying the game. To many others it is not only NOT important it is about the silliest thing you could be part of.

Really the camo's and helmets are not that bad, and I personally enjoy a lot of them.
I would NOT want it to go to the point of APB, or really to where Global Agenda went. When GA launched there was a pretty massive ability to personalize you character. As the game went on the Dyes and armors got more and more silly. Pretty soon the whole playerbase was just trying to look as stupid as possible. I don't want that, but I see nothing wrong with the skull helmets and most of the camo's although some of the camo that looks good, or OK on TR/VS is pretty bad on NC IMO.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion