Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2012-07-28, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Shubniggurath
Private

Re: BF4 Mention: LOLWUT?

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Please refer to the video I have posted.
It's still the RIGHT way to play commander. While UAV, Sat track, supplies, emp and arty are in cool down you should be spotting. Commander should also be engie and prone in a hidy hole near assets.
Old 2012-07-29, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ninjacalypse
Corporal

If BF4 is the "true successor" to BF3 in the same way that BF3 was the "true successor" to BF2 then I think I'm getting Arma 3.
Old 2012-08-17, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
AceofSpadesX
Private

I have BF3 and at this point, I am just using it to take up my time until I get in to the PS2 beta. It's okay when you have a decent team and every now and then you will be in a hard fought match, but most of the time there is something wrong, such as half the team being AFK or recon (without doing recon) or just having bad players. I definitely won't be getting BF4. I didn't even get premium for BF3. I figured, "Let's wait and see what happens with this newfangled premium stunt," and the only good thing about premium is the Armored Kill expansion. Aftermath (urban maps like Seine Crossing and Grand Bazaar after the earthquake-hence the name) probably won't be that great. Close Quarters is just trying to draw in the CoD crowd. There isn't much info on Endgame, so we will have to keep an eye on it.
Old 2012-09-04, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Commander mode was good 5% of the time when someone actually knew how to use it, but the other 95% of commanders usually consists of:

"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"
"Enemy spotted!"

Constant spam got way too annoying. That doesn't even mention the never ending mutiny spam, or the commander trying to airdrop vehicles onto your head and kill you. Titan mode was cool as a commander for sure, but I never saw anyone ever use the Titan effectively. Most of the time it never moved. There was ONE single match in my years of 2142 where we got the two titans right next to each other, and there was a pretty good battle.

But honestly, if the BF franchise wasn't complete shit now because of EA, no commander mode wouldn't really bother me.
OMG NOSTALGIA.

I remember when I was a commander, and there was a guy using a mic telling me to drop a re-supply box at his location, but I had NO idea where he was, because he didn't mark it on the map where he wanted the drop like he was supposed to. it turns out he was on top of a building, and he got pretty mad when he saw the ammo box drop past him. Then he started yelling at me, putting in mutiny, but i told him that he didn't specify his location like he was SUPPOSED to do, and lots of people agreed, but I stopped being commander on that round. Sometimes it is the solider's fault, not the commander.

But yes, I remember when I was sniping on top of a building, and I ran out of ammo, so I asked for a ammo box from the commander (the PROPER way), and he completely missed the building.... lol

And yes, those Titan battles where amazing, but sadly all the servers I went to had titans locked so you couldn't move them, but I remember one particular server had two titans next to each-other, and by GOD that was awesome. Drop pods coming from each Titan.... BEST BATTLE EVER.

PS2 definitely needs something like Titan mode.... except with THREE TITANS.....
Old 2012-09-04, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
Definitely too soon?

If BF4 ends up being BF 2143 I'll buy it. Gotta have some variety, I'll be busy with PS2 but I like to change it up once in a while and experience something else.
Yep, can't resist a good Sci-Fi shooter and if it has titan mode I'll just have to play it.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-09-05, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

CoD just proved that EA's original idea works in shooters as well. You bet your ass they are going to NFL Madden 69 that shit.

Old 2012-10-10, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
aussy
Private

BF4 seems to be officially confirmed by EA:

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/pc/4255...a-autumn-2013/

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion