FIREFALL - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Beware of the squirrels
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-03-19, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: FIREFALL

Huxley was another faked mmo, kinda like that terrible MAG game. Neither has persistant worlds and just instances matches just like every other game. MAG just has bigger matches. MAGs only persistance was its bonuses which just made the winners be stronger and win more while the losers got weaker and lost more, it was terrible. Not to mention the terrible mechanics of the matches. Its not very team oriented and felt very zergy.

MAG is one of those games that despite not having any real persistance aspects coulda still be very good but just completely failed. PS got so much right, you'd think people would try to copy some of the ideas. Even these CoD and BF games are just exactly the same as they have always been, very shallow, very simple shooters in multiplayer. No real depth at all. The only thing that changes in each new sequel is the graphics. They are far too mediocre to just be changing graphics imo. I love PS, i would be fine with those types of upgrades since its such a great game, but nothing else really comes close to the depth you get in PS.
Old 2011-04-21, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Raymac
Brigadier General

FireFall just came out with a Dev Blog that I think is pretty interesting, especially in the context of PS:N. Essentially it's about balancing progression with keeping the game player skill based. It will be cool to compare this to what PS:N has decided to do with this same exact issue.
Old 2011-07-30, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Thumbs up Re: FIREFALL

ChinaJoy trailer:
It's looking good
Old 2011-07-30, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Planetside competition

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
The options for new MMOFPS games are:
  • PS2
  • Firefall
  • Tribes Universe
  • Halo MMO
  • Huxley

Back to discussion. I don't really care for Firefall. Tried it at PAX East and it was meh. Maybe interested in Halo as I loved playing them on the original Xbox. Not sure I can put up the screaming kiddies, but it is likely to only be on the sex box anyway.
Old 2011-07-30, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Trailer def looks awesome. As much as Love standard FPS PvP, every now and then I like fighting waves of NPCs with allies, so I'll certainly try this out.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-07-30, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187 View Post
Trailer def looks awesome. As much as Love standard FPS PvP, every now and then I like fighting waves of NPCs with allies, so I'll certainly try this out.
Indeed, I don't know who or what a Titan is but I sure as hell want to fight it
Old 2011-07-30, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

I'll keep tabs on this one for sure just in case it lives up to its hype in being a genuine tribes experience with proper jetpack mechanics and is actively persistent mmo.

Don't want to play another deplorable global agenda..
Old 2011-07-31, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Xaine
Major

I have no idea whats going on with Huxley.

I remember that being announced YEARS ago, and watching an in-game demo that looked pretty finished.
Old 2011-09-13, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Saving this from Page 2 obscurity with the latest trailer (which I think is better than the last one).

I'm interested to know if one of the comments is true: if the community requested BF2142 style titans and the devs obliged? If so that is a really good sign for this game.
Old 2011-09-13, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Beta has already started. Hopefully ill get a key
Old 2011-09-14, 02:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Grimster
First Lieutenant

I don't think FireFall is actually defined as a MMOFPS. At least I have never seen the devs themselves use that term.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2011-09-15, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
I don't think FireFall is actually defined as a MMOFPS. At least I have never seen the devs themselves use that term.
Well it depends on your definition of MMOFPS. Perhaps that's why they're avoiding the acronym:

We don't use servers or shards. We use channels that get built up as demand increases. Each channel is really a mega persistent instance that holds a few hundred players at a time. When you enter the world of Firefall, you will be entering a specific channel of New Eden. New Eden is the large open-world environment where the last remnants of humanity are making their stand.
and

Firefall is an online team based shooter first and foremost, so our world is on the smaller size, but big compared to shooters. We don't want big for the sake of big. Everything will serve the gameplay experience.
http://www.firefallthegame.com/commu...ed-9-8-2011.2/
Old 2011-11-26, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Another quality trailer for anyone who missed it:

Old 2011-11-26, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I definitely missed that one, still lookin good. I still don't see this game on anyone's radar though, I wonder if they still plan on releasing in 2011
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-11-26, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zulthus
Colonel

Looks like cartoon shit to me. Haven't played it, but I don't think I'd want to either. Graphics also remind me of Unreal Tournament.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2011-11-26 at 07:30 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion