News: Community Night November 2011 Recording! - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Those [opposing team] [units] need to be nerfed!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-11-21, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Re: Community Night November 2011 Recording!

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Did he do free realms?

If so, Best and cleanest UI ..EVA! and the man is a hero...if it was not him...GET THE FREE REALMS GUY.
Actually yes, he did. That was the first project we worked on together, he was the UI artist and I was the UI/UX lead.
Old 2011-11-21, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Actually yes, he did. That was the first project we worked on together, he was the UI artist and I was the UI/UX lead.
Sounds good.
Old 2011-11-21, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I was the UI/UX lead.
Interesting that you've come from a UX background Higby.
Do you use any form of user centred design activities or processes for PS2 then?
Old 2011-11-21, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Sardwyn
Private

Cheers PSU for bringing us this close to the dev team and cheers Higby and all for taking the time to reach out to the community. I have never seen a launch quite like it, you guys are doing an ace job
Old 2011-11-21, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

On a more important note: Matt, how did marketing react? Shall Hamma remove the BLue name and stuff, as you are now looking for a new job? Or did everything went fine?

Also, be on AGN like every time. Heck if i come along every single time, you shall to! And bring T-Ray with ya. IN fact, get the entire damn team in your office!
Old 2011-11-21, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Canaris
Contributor
General

just got done watching the video, lmao I loved it

Some great and juicy info in there, loved T-Ray party crashing segment had me in stitch's

Thanks to all the PS-U crew for setting that up and to Higby and the SOE for showing us the "magical" SOE offices and taking part,the whirlwind tour was great

just wanted to add I was a little worried with the new concept of the planes, glad to see how the VTOL works and how well you you did even while holding an I-pad and trying to pilot hehe

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2011-11-21 at 11:32 AM.
Old 2011-11-21, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/11...ang/#continued

Now that this is on massively, it wont take long to spread out even more.

Hamma, prepare the webserver!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-11-21, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by SurgeonX View Post
Interesting that you've come from a UX background Higby.
Do you use any form of user centred design activities or processes for PS2 then?
Of course, especially for the UI.
Old 2011-11-21, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Bags
Lieutenant General

Oh my, massive only awarded you guys 1000 pts!!!
Old 2011-11-21, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Hamma
PSU Admin

They are driving the majority of the traffic to their own screenshot section (Re-Hosted our exclusive shots) and YouTube directly with that link. Not much in the way of a traffic pickup

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-11-21, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
likwidneo
Private

so I skimmed through the AGN recording, and if I gathered this right Higby pretty much said that each Warpgate is now more or less a base in and of itself and that these were the incontestable launch areas on each continent that each empire get's one per continent of that has been mentioned before. Something about this bugs me though. One of the things that made the battles in PS1 highly dynamic was the fact that warpgates were either open to all sides or at least they were contestable and could be locked in by one side or another.

This makes for very dynamic battle flow as you usually have more than one way to get into a continent from elsewhere, or at the very least you're not always commencing the attack from the same area. Won't this reduce the versatility of the battle flow for PS2, if each empire always has to try and commence an offensive for control of a continent from the exact same side every time?

I understand the need for a no-fire zone for each empire on each cont, but if these area's are not contestable, at the very least there should be some mechanic for them being interchangeable. Like let's say the VS move in and get a cont lock on it, or say they capture the capitol base, they should get dibs on their choice of one of the warpgates. Then the warpgates could be interchanged, and say anyone who's still in them after like a 5 minute timer or something get's auto-killed to make room for the new empires.

I mean I know there's a ton more objectives to capture now on a continent which will add to the battle flow dynamic above and beyond PS1, but it could still get a little stale if you're more or less moving out from the same direction every single time? Anyone's thoughts on this?
Old 2011-11-21, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Khottabych
Private

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
If you would point out the parts you would like to have written down, I could do it.

Would rather not do the entire 1h 45 mins as there are parts that arn't really worth writing down
Perfect. Think that's more interesting will be
Venicle Customizations
in Game preview 1
in Game preview 2
Map screenshot discussion

And if it don't really bore you it will be great to write down few words about PSU staff who have manage and participate this show.
Think it should be in our news line.

Thank a lot in advance.
Old 2011-11-21, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Shogun
Contributor
General

just viewed the recording ... my first agn show ... and it is EPIC!

thanks to all involved! especially to matt for giving us these excellent exclusive views of the most beautiful game enviroment currently in existence! and of course for the tour!

i could not believe that you guys are sitting at comnputers like ordinary humans ;-) was expecting some godlike creatures floating in bacta tanks, connected to braininterfaces, coding in big holodecks or whatever ;-)

it´s really great to actually see the progress and to get more and more info about the game!
but my personal favorite about the show (besides the gameplay part) was to hear that the whole dev team follows the discussions and speculations of the community! this rocks! the interactivity level of you guys with the community is unique and will ensure that this game will kick ass in every way!

great work guys! keep it up!
can´t wait for the beta! please bring the beta to europe as well!
Old 2011-11-21, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Raymac
Brigadier General

I gotta say, I'm fairly concerned about it only being at 40 fps standing by yourself in a base. Obviously, way too early too panic, but this points to my only concern about the game at this point.

It's been well established that this game will look amazing. Everytime we see something new it looks even prettier than before. So since we know the game looks great, the only lingering question is "how will it run?".

For years, I dropped the graphics level of the original Planetside to the bare minimum just to squeeze ever single frame per second I could out of the game. Sky dome - off, Music - off, Shadows - off. Everything - off. I did this because the way the game looked was not as important as running it with as little lag as possible.

So, we've seen a bunch of art work, and it looks glorious, and I have a feeling the VS stuff we are about to see will be some of the best yet. But the rule I had for Planetside 1 was the better it looked, the worse it ran, which is why I'm now very concerned that BECAUSE the game looks so amazing, it's going to lag something fierce.

Old 2011-11-21, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I gotta say, I'm fairly concerned about it only being at 40 fps standing by yourself in a base. Obviously, way too early too panic, but this points to my only concern about the game at this point.

It's been well established that this game will look amazing. Everytime we see something new it looks even prettier than before. So since we know the game looks great, the only lingering question is "how will it run?".

For years, I dropped the graphics level of the original Planetside to the bare minimum just to squeeze ever single frame per second I could out of the game. Sky dome - off, Music - off, Shadows - off. Everything - off. I did this because the way the game looked was not as important as running it with as little lag as possible.

So, we've seen a bunch of art work, and it looks glorious, and I have a feeling the VS stuff we are about to see will be some of the best yet. But the rule I had for Planetside 1 was the better it looked, the worse it ran, which is why I'm now very concerned that BECAUSE the game looks so amazing, it's going to lag something fierce.
Well, it's unoptimized alpha build and I'm sure he has the game maxed, while in windowed mode with a ton of stuff running in the background.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion