PlanetSide Next Galaxy - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I wanna droid!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-02-10, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #226
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Or you could just use Teamspeak/Ventrilo. Call me crazy...
Old 2011-02-10, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #227
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Or you could just use Teamspeak/Ventrilo. Call me crazy...
You're crazy. Local vicinity voice chat is so much more immersive.
Originally Posted by Tikuto View Post
Local vicinity voice comms would just... so fucking own. Really. Omg.
I would cry with joy. I reaaaally freaking would I so would. I definately would. I would shed a tear. I would be ecstatic, stoked, psyched, thrilled, hyper, raving, and crying, and then to first experience it in a Galaxy with others. There and then i'd realize I've been a virgin all along.
I agree. No dedicated TS servers needed or trading information.
Old 2011-02-10, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #228
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
You're crazy. Local vicinity voice chat is so much more immersive.
I'm sorry, I don't give a shit about immersion. And when I see people that do *ESPECIALLY* if they whine about their immersion being ruined, I go out of my way to talk about the Yankees, riots in Egypt, George Bush and what a cunt he is, and the latest news from Something Awful and 4chan.
Old 2011-02-10, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #229
Raymac
Brigadier General

I'm sorry, I don't give a shit about immersion. And when I see people that do *ESPECIALLY* if they whine about their immersion being ruined, I go out of my way to talk about the Yankees, riots in Egypt, George Bush and what a cunt he is, and the latest news from Something Awful and 4chan.
Just because I don't like chocolate cake doesn't mean I'm going to shit on somebody else's chocolate cake.
Old 2011-02-10, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #230
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Well neither is he, he explicitly stated he "wouldn't give a shit"

Anyway, vicinity voice chat would be awesome, as long as there's a very quick way to mute people. There will always be that guy who has his mic turned up to the highest and just blasts static into people's ears. If you have to scroll through your entire empire's player list then it's not going to be very effective.

You also have to be able to tell who's talking, which would imply that a lot of little voice icons are popping up on your screen.

I think it would be fun, but probably better to just go with teamspeak and ventrillo. If you want to communicate with the people around you, they have voice macros. Most of the time that's all you're going to be saying to them anyway. If you want to chat about the intricacies of life, then tell them to get vent or TS.

TL;DR Cool, but won't work unless they have a plan I don't see.
Old 2011-02-10, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #231
Raymac
Brigadier General

I just meant going out of your way to annoy someone by talking about the Yankees etc. is akin to shitting in their cake.

I agree with you 100% about vicinity voice chat though. It would be cool, but they'd have to address the issues you mentioned or else it will be way more annoying than it is worth.
Old 2011-02-10, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #232
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Yeah, i was just doing a play on words since your metaphor included shit =p
Old 2011-02-10, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #233
etheral
Corporal

Integrated voice chat would be awesome, but people only need squad/platoon/outfit channels. If you need to talk to greenies, you have voice macros and/or text. If you need to talk one to one with a player, you can use tells.

*edit* as firefly said though, TS/Vent do the job perfectly well. It would just be more convenient

Last edited by etheral; 2011-02-10 at 05:25 PM.
Old 2011-02-11, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #234
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
I really want to sit face to face in the back of a Gal chatting with my outfit mates.

It would add a lot to the game, especially if the whole thing shakes with flak explosions, bullet holes punch through and the pilot gets to give those on board the green light for a jump...
Yeah that would be cool. The seatbelt light is now on. Please pay attention to the flight attendant who will be running through the safety procedures. Should the plane blow up, you can exit here, here, here and maby here.
Old 2011-02-11, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #235
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Vicinity chat?

My god I wouldn't want to set my fot(tongue?) on that voice chat on a peak hour pop lock on the continent and everyone fighting at the same base.

I find that just imagining that scenario horrifying.
Old 2011-02-11, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #236
Canaris
Contributor
General

They tried V-chat in APB as I recall, I had to disable it after about 30 minutes as it just got unbareable, from idiots to freaks to some people like Firefly who leave their chat on voice activation while they go off and do "other" things nearby..... sometimes not even with their girlfriends

I prefer the privacy of a Outfit only voip.
Old 2011-02-11, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #237
Lucage
Private

It's the idiots who think we want to hear their music that annoys me with open VOIP chat.
Old 2011-02-11, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #238
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

If there's not a way to disable local voice chat, I don't want it. I've had enough of fat-fuck mouth-breathers, pre-pubescents with screechy voices, and ignorant trolls who yell stupid shit into the mic. If it's some sort of mandatory function with no ability to disable it, I don't want it.

I am not a [No Outfit] kind of guy. I've been gaming with the same Company for the last eight years. We have a decent amount of people. I don't worry about random mercs, and if we pull them into our squad, I know how to type. I also know how to suggest that they get on my voice server.

If you're a lone wolf, that's fine. If you like roleplay and immersion, that's fine. To re-touch on the immersion-crying, I don't need your personal likes and dislikes bleeding into my own little world and if you have the temerity to lecture me about it in a goddamn video game, I have no problems telling you to go find a D&D or LARP group because this is a fucking virtual creation. That's what I meant about shitting on your chocolate cake (to borrow the quip). You wanna roleplay? That's fine. Keep that shit to yourself, or pray to G-d there's a way for me and mine to opt out of it. The second I hear some random pubbie mention into my speakers "I hope the NewCon yellow bastards are there in force! My Cycler has a fresh clip! Loyalty until death! Terrans! Eat a heart breakfast, for tonight we dine in hell! Pilot, when's my green light?!?!" is the second I send that pilot a /tell saying eject your nutter ass over the fucking ocean as I start mentioning the latest from The Oatmeal dot-com.
Old 2011-02-11, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #239
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I've just had a thought. Since just about everyone but Negative Nancy can agree the Galaxy held a pivotal role...

... what if, by "more pivotal role", they mean axing the Lodestar and letting the Galaxy carry a heavier vehicle?
Old 2011-02-11, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #240
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Yes. I totally dropped a Marauder three-man buggy and two MAX units off at Dagda's back door with a Mossie.

Just sayin'.
Weeell, sometimes what you need is a Lode bomb dropping Party Bus Payloads.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion