News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ie diunt ned to pai nay tab! *hickup*
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-09, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
If you do nothing but spawn camp then it will go down for sure. Hopefully they balance it so that better kills (killing people who have been alive longer, have kill streaks, ect..), there will be a greater reward.

While it may not deter spawn camping, it sure makes it a lot less worth it.
I don't think it's going to do a thing to change player behavior... only the rewards for killing.

I'm not sure how things are on your server - but I find very little egregious spawn camping. 99.9% of the "camping" is done to spawns while waiting for a capture to complete... that behavior isn't going to change. Attackers aren't going to suddenly let the defenders wander out of the spawn and get a few kills, so they can re-kill them. From what I can tell, attackers will just get less and less XP for killing the defenders... while the defenders will have more and more incentive to BE camped, as the potential targets they can nab from inside their spawn will become more and more valuable.

Now surely when in more even battles, individuals will see a greater variance in the XP they receive from kills... from time to time they'll snag someone that has been on a streak and get more XP.. and from time to time they'll kill some newb for very little XP, that is getting killed as fast as he can spawn. I don't think players are going to be able to intentionally "hunt" difficult players... and that doesn't even make sense in the context of PS2... so it's all just going to boil down to what I said: is the end result that players get XP faster... the same.... or slower, than before.

If the end result is players getting XP at a slower rate... I don't think there is going to be a lot of enthusiasm for the dynamic XP.

* Maradine - I think the frustration is that players want to hear about the MOST important thing...

Last edited by typhaon; 2013-01-09 at 11:36 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion