News: Higby Outlines this Months Patch - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WTF? this isn't www.jackdaniels.com
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-08, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Higby Outlines this Months Patch

Not a ton of changes but definitely some stuff that we have discussed around here.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-08, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

All in all good changes all round. And its going to be out this month +1 SOE.

Old 2013-01-08, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Brusi
Contributor
Major

niiiiicceeee!!!!

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2013-01-08, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

That is a wonderful down payment on our design debt. <3
Old 2013-01-09, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
That is a wonderful down payment on our design debt. <3
Very elegantly and aptly put. We need to cut the negativity but keep the pressure on full blast when it comes to base design, I think.

I'd also prefer to see the lethality of everything explosive lowered somewhat versus infantry, rather than seeing AA buffed. But... hey. Baby steps.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2013-01-09 at 12:39 AM.
Old 2013-01-08, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Outfit Sorting YES!

That makes me probably the most excited of anything on that list.

I'm pumped to see a spawn room redesign, that's great they're listening to us on that - I think that one change alone along with dynamic exp. is going to change the game significantly.

Also, let's not forget server transfers, that's also awesome.
Old 2013-01-08, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
adaroe
Private

population xp moved to continents ,good, hopefully with an increase in xp bonus%
Old 2013-01-08, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
OCNSethy
Major

Great stuff!

"◦Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses & population bonuses"

Does that mean XP for defence or am I just being overly optimistic?
Old 2013-01-08, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
gunshooter
Corporal

Meh, it's okay I guess. I'll probably play a few days to try it. But it fails to address many problems.

Even if spawns are less campable, bases are still poorly designed. This is especially true for minor outposts. I do like the addition of tunnels, though, and tank/aircraft nerfs are always good.

Really dumb that they bended to the will of Buzzcutpsycho in just flat nerfing kill EXP for everyone, even infantry players. I laughed at the "tweaks" to support exp also, support already gets a ton of exp. The entire game will be engineer/medics just trying to farm exp because kills will give you none. If there's one thing the game DIDN'T need, it's lowering the rate of cert gain even more.

SMG's are just a moneygrabbing addition though. You know what an "SMG" in gaming terms is in PS2? A carbine. The last thing this game needs is more boring automatic weapons that effectively serve the same purpose, but I guess Higby needs his paycheck.

Last edited by gunshooter; 2013-01-08 at 10:58 PM.
Old 2013-01-08, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Morsong
Sergeant

the dynamic xp alone makes me excited as this was something I was saying was needed since launch. Also can someone clarify this for me? Higby mentioned that xp will be better sorted and mentioned defense xp. Does he mean that players will now gain xp for defending a base finally, or did it just mean that all the xp contributed to whatever a player is doing will be better sorted out?
Old 2013-01-08, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Great stuff!

"◦Better display of XP sources for things like defensive bonuses & population bonuses"

Does that mean XP for defence or am I just being overly optimistic?
Originally Posted by Morsong View Post
the dynamic xp alone makes me excited as this was something I was saying was needed since launch. Also can someone clarify this for me? Higby mentioned that xp will be better sorted and mentioned defense xp. Does he mean that players will now gain xp for defending a base finally, or did it just mean that all the xp contributed to whatever a player is doing will be better sorted out?
You already get passive +10% experience while fighting in territory your empire controls; course, this goes mostly unnoticed, so they're going to be doing something to make it more obvious how much that bonus has impacted you.

From that line I didn't get any change to capture mechanics (ie, a big bonus on resecure).

Edit:
Even if the tunnels are very simplistic for this initial implementation, I'm really excited to have them just as a first step towards base capturing having "phases" to the fight (past hold the line -> allourbasearebelongtothem)

Last edited by Kail; 2013-01-08 at 11:13 PM.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Its better than nothing.
I hope the XP changes dont see cert gain impacted.

Sorting of Outfit tabs...what we got, Name, Rank, Status and soon Last Online?

Server transfer token...1000SC maybe?

Hopefully UI changes means the Leader Board might work again.
They might even even add some more stats OR even release the Player pages on the web.

Hotspot MKIV, good luck.

New spawn buildings, not rehashed old spawn buildings.

Finally missile fixes...

I'd love to see a list of their known bugs and which they intend on fixing this patch.
Hope the bugs fixes are done before the other changes are made and inevitably more bugs are introduced.

Wonder if the flickering screen bug, which is like eye aids, will get a look in.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

There's some good changes, there's a few bad ones, but this hardly addresses the major community concerns. Unfortunately this rates very low on the excit-o-meter.
Old 2013-01-08, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Zulthus
Colonel

I'm glad (and amazed) that they added dynamic XP and tunnels under the base. The next issue they should focus on IMO is the metagame... I can't play anymore from sheer boredom. The resource system is largely pointless, since filling them is such a trivial task. Other than that, it's just a giant deathmatch ATM, not much more really.

Can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves for 2013.
Old 2013-01-09, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by gunshooter View Post
Really dumb that they bended to the will of Buzzcutpsycho in just flat nerfing kill EXP for everyone, even infantry players.
It's not a flat nerf to kill XP. It's a nerf to kill XP for people that just recently spawned and a buff to kill XP for people that have been alive and killing for a while. If you kill a guy that's been on a rampage, you might get 400 XP or something.

In PS1, when you finally killed that mossie killwhore that was 50/1, you got like 700 XP
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion