PSU: Jennyboo = Mrs. Hamma.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2011-09-12, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SavageB
First Sergeant

Blizzards MMOFPS code named TITAN

I know blizzard announced a MMOFPS in production about a year ago code named TITAN. They were paying close attention to Global Agenda when it first came out. I would expect something AAA in regards to TITAN, as Blizzard always puts out great games. I hope SOE can out perform Blizzard in all aspects and Im glad PS2 is just around the corner. If this game is done properly it could really interfere with TITAN's sales, though we will always have the fanboys play Blizzard games. TITAN is due out 2014, this game should be out by 3rd or 4th Q of next year I presume. It will be interesting to see how they will compete with another when the time comes. Anyone else hear about this and what are your thoughts?

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_%...ent_project%29

Last edited by SavageB; 2011-09-12 at 07:48 PM.
Old 2011-09-12, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Re: Blizzards MMOFPS code named TITAN

Never heard of it. Linky?
Old 2011-09-12, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

There is literally no info on it, just Blizzard throwing their name around.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-09-12, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bags
Lieutenant General

They've never said it was an MMOFPS.
Old 2011-09-12, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
They've never said it was an MMOFPS.
Exactly. The only thing I've heard is that it will targeting more "casual" gamers. But who knows at this point.

Old 2011-09-12, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

FPS != Casual.

Google Comes Through:

http://www.titanwatch.net/

All conjecture. No solid info At All.

Last edited by NapalmEnima; 2011-09-12 at 07:20 PM.
Old 2011-09-12, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Crator
Major General

Well, I don't consider it a bad thing for there to be more MMOFPS games out there. For competition sake. In the end will grow the genre and make it better.
Old 2011-09-12, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
COMYYY
Private

Need long time to wait it comes out.
Old 2011-09-12, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

To the best of my knowledge Blizzard has never stated that it was going to be an MMOFPS.
Old 2011-09-12, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Like Hamma said, there are literally no details. Other then the name of the project, which may not even be the final name of the game.

People are only suspecting shooter/fps because Blizzard all ready has the most popular MMORPG, plus soon to add Diablo 3, and the most popular RTS. Trying out a new genre just makes sense, I thought they would make something similar to Firefall
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2011-09-12 at 10:16 PM.
Old 2011-09-12, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Graywolves
General

Blizzard has high standards for making their games. They cancel and change things all the time. For all we know Titan is going to be about Spartans fighting Dancers.
Old 2011-09-12, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

It wouldnt be like PS anyway, they dont do those games. It would be more like Borderlands but on a bigger scale. A PVE centered MMOFPS that has some PVP arenas on teh side. Basically a WoW fps. Complete with classes, quests, dungeons, and bosses with tactics to defeat, raids, skill/talent trees, full gear sets and drops, etc. Now being blizz they would find a way to do some of that uniquely but overall, same idea as WoW but in FPS format.
Old 2011-09-13, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Mezorin
Corporal

The way I see it with Blizzard, is they are the best "Me Too!" company on the planet. They will not break into a game genre unless somebody else has proven that the genre is worth while via their own successful game, and have not made something truely original genre wise since the Super Nintendo days. This is not a rip per say on Blizzard, as they make damn good games which are the standard of balance and polish, but an observation that Blizzard is usually not the first company "into the pool" with ideas.

If PlanetSide 2 becomes a run away success, expect to see an MMOFPS on the horizon from Blizzard very soon as they will want in on the action. If PS2 fails (God help us that this does not happen, knock on wood), you likely won't see an MMOFPS from Blizzard any time in the near future, and Titan may as well become Orcs in space w/ guns.

That said, if I was going to bet on what Titan was going to be just on Blizzard's track record, I would bet its going to be a futuristic MMORPG. IE you target something, and let your gear/dice rolls/character sheet do the work. I am sincerely amazed they did not want to do a Starcraft MMO, as that game would be like owning a money printing press, but apparently Titan will be an original IP so they can start over with what ever they want. Such a game at the end of WOW's life span would be 'safe', and Blizzard could do it well because that is what they know.

The stupid thing is that between Activision, and Blizzard, they could easily put together enough talent and resources to make a AAA MMOFPS that blows even PS2 out of the water, as the Call of Duty guys and the World of Warcraft guys teaming up is HUGE development talent and resources right there. But they likely will not develop such a mega game until the genre is proven "safe" to justify to the Activision-Blizard suits to spend a hundred million + dollars to invest in such a game.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion