Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: can resist everything except temptation
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-15, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tuhljin
Private

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

My biggest gripe about the game involves faction population imbalance (tried to link to your Twitter message about this and my replies, but it embeds the tweet on the page which I don't want -- just see the replies to your tweet; you know which one), but I don't think it qualifies as a "quality of life" suggestion on the order of what you're asking for here.

My quality of life suggestions, roughly in order of most importance to me:
  • Make the color for Charlie squad something that doesn't conflict with anything else in the color scheme, which means no to purple (which is, of course, the VS's faction color). Configurable squad colors would be even better, but still, Charlie's default color shouldn't be purple or some other conflicting color.

• Stop Redeploy from automatically selecting a new location, or at least give us an option that prevents this. It should always use the last location I spawned from. If that location doesn't exist (including if it existed a moment ago but now doesn't - sunderer mobilized/destroyed or facility lost while I was looking at the redeploy map), then it should select "nothing", forcing me to choose a new place. (No more accidentally spawning at the wrong base or blowing a spawn beacon timer after I chose where I really wanted to go!)

• Platoon and squad leaders need to be able to ban trolls from a squad/platoon.

• A better way to decide who inherits leadership positions in a squad/platoon -- especially a platoon. Just because the platoon is open to the public doesn't mean it isn't outfit-run. Some fancy but easy-and-quick-to-use configuration would be nice, but the simple solution seems to be this: If the platoon leader disconnects, it should pass off leadership to a squad leader and should prefer a squad leader who is a member of the same outfit, if possible. If a squad leader disconnects, it should - when possible - pass off leadership to a member of that squad who is in the same outfit as the platoon leader or, if the squad isn't part of a platoon, then the same outfit as the squad leader.

• We need an easier way to mute people who are talking that won't accidentally mute the wrong person because they start talking when you hit a key. We also need an easier way to mute people who were talking a moment ago but aren't now. For the former, a very quick method is desired. For the latter, an improvement to the current interface reached from Social/Voice is needed.

• A proper, persistent ignore list (for both muting and text chat) we can manage.

• Drop pod consistency: Are we supposed to be able to move it quite a bit, or not? Sometimes when you're falling, you have virtually no control. Sometimes, you have a lot. It should always be the same. (Maybe this was fixed when that spinning bug was introduced; I'm not sure but it wasn't in the patch notes.)

• Keybinds for things you have to right-click on the Map to do. For instance, place your cursor over a spot on the map, hit a single key you've bound, and bam - a waypoint is at that spot! Maybe require two actions: Right-click or press a bound key to open the popup menu, then press another key to select one of the options there. Y'know, like how Windows does it. This'd be very helpful, especially to people who have lots of options in that menu.

• GUI keybinding consistency: If I hit "M", the Map should open. Yes, even if I'm currently looking at the Platoon/Squad page, or the Notifications page, or the Store, etc. Same deal with other keybindings of that nature. ("P" for Platoon/Squad page, etc.)

• ALL sections in the "Escape" menu (Profile, Map, Class, Vehicle, etc.) should be key-bindable. (I particularly want an easier way to check on my cooldowns.)

• I'd love it if vehicle collision damage was looked at. It seems to be way too easy to be killed by friendly vehicles bumping into you or your vehicle (especially flashes). Also, there is an inconsistency when it comes to ESFs ramming into each other. Two full-health ESFs ramming head on don't take the same damage, even to the point where a scythe might take little to no damage while the mosquito or reaver is destroyed. This can be aggravating.

• A new "Combat Log" chat tab (or choose a better name for it) with better XP breakdown. (Could be implemented as part of the next item I list below.) It would list kills, deaths, and XP gains. The experience gains listed in the log should say what they're for, making it easier to tell what's earning this experience. To prevent it from being too spammy and help people add things up to a nice total number, it could group certain types together and insert it into the log only after you stop getting experience of that type for a little while -- e.g. repairing a vehicle may result in only a single line saying how much experience you got total instead of numerous lines for each tick. Not only would this help you see who killed you and all that (without anything else cluttering the chat tab), but it will help with SOE's goal of making XP gains more transparent.

• Show vehicle icons on Platoon/Squad screen for characters that are currently in a vehicle. (Use a different icon for each vehicle type, of course.) If they are the owner/driver of the vehicle, put an icon indicating that in its corner (maybe a steering wheel?) or use a differently colored outlined so you can tell the difference between a driver and a passenger/gunner. The vehicle icons could use the same color scheme as the minimap does so you can tell if they're in a platoon/squad vehicle (bonus points if you can mouseover it to see who its owner is, extra bonus points if the tooltip shows the squad indicator -- e.g. a black circle with the number 4 for delta 4 -- and the name).

• Show class icons of characters that are currently in a vehicle with you next to where their names are displayed on the right-hand side of the screen.

• More chat tabs and options. I want a tab that shows everything except yells (where most of the trolling is). I'd settle for something that just hides yells, but it'd be better if I can switch to a tab that has them in case I want to look at past yells for some reason. (The ideal solution is something similar to World of Warcraft's configurable chat windows where you can create more and can decide what type of message goes in each.)

• Weapon selection: Make pistol vs primary more consistent, or give players the option to make it this way... so I can configure a key to select my pistol without needing a different key when I've got an underbarrel attachment like the grenade launcher.

• "E" to enter sunderer vs access terminal -- it often does the wrong one. Getting yourself lined up perfectly is annoying enough, but sometimes you ARE aligned perfectly and it STILL does the wrong action. This results in things like accessing the class screen when some guy is shooting at you instead of hopping in a turret to shoot at him (likely ending in your death), or you not switching to engineer to repair the sunderer (resulting in you dying as the sunderer explodes after taking damage you might have prevented/mitigated). These could optionally have different keys!

Edit: Oh, also a faster/easier method instead of dropdown menus for choosing class loadouts, plus allowing more loadouts! This should be near the top of my list.

Last edited by Tuhljin; 2013-05-15 at 12:30 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Some of my own, plus my favourites of the ones so far:

Bugs
  • Since GU08 blips no longer show on the mini-map most of the time.
  • Need a fix for ADAD spamming making people warp/become extremely hard to hit.
  • Partial loadout resets after visiting VR.
  • When hacked terminals/turrets are destroyed they sometimes become stuck and can't be fixed or hacked by the base's owner.
  • When parked at an ammo tower, the 'getting ammo' sound doesn't play for the driver any more when gunner weapons are resupplying.
  • When resupplying as a MAX, sometimes the terminal opens on LA instead of MAX - which can cause you to accidentally switch class and lose your MAX suit if you hit 'resupply' before you notice.
  • One of the Engineer's arms clips through his body when holding the repair tool at rest.

Quality of Life
  • Add more loadouts/make loadouts faster to select (buttons or keyboard shortcuts instead of drop-downs).
  • Show vehicle facing to gunners and all turret facings to drivers. Also show ammo count for all weapons to drivers.
  • After dying as a MAX, reset to last used class/loadout instead of always to LA.
  • On the kill-screen, show a quick summary of the enemy's loadout (suit slots, etc. and also weapon attachments) instead of just their weapon. Would help with those "how did he make that shot!?" / "why didn't he die!?" moments - also useful to spot which upgrades are most used/most useful.
  • Display suit slots as visual changes to the model, similar to armour upgrades on vehicles.
  • Apply a "booming voice"/loudspeaker filter to MAX voices. Also give them a distinctive icon on the mini-map.
  • Allow gifting of SC/items/subs to other players. Also consider a system like Steam's 'inventory' - whereby if you buy an item twice (once on its own, once in a bundle, for example) you end up with an extra copy that you can give to a friend.
  • When accessing a Sunderer with E, divide 'access terminal' and 'enter vehicle' into clearer zones to prevent doing the wrong one accidentally. Currently it is *extremely* easy to get the wrong one, which is often fatal.
  • Exit scope automatically when weapon's clip is empty and/or a new round needs to be chambered.
  • Show squad numbers on vehicles in the map.
  • Only show death icons over corpses that can be revived. When waiting to respawn/be revived give the dead player an indicator of whether they are still a valid revive target or not.

Old 2013-05-15, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Aw. Making us feel special, Captain Hair

Let's see.

-When redeploying you can pick and customize a class loadout. Have the game pick the last loadout that you selected to customize. Too many times have I changed a loadout before redeploying just to have me spawn in as the first loadout instead of the loadout that I was making changes to before deploying. (LOADOUT 01 instead of LOADOUT 02 as an example. LOADOUT 02 having been the one I wanted to spawn in as)

-Have the game remember weapon the configuration you last used. So that when you switch between weapons in a loadout you don't have to re-equip your attachments every time. (For example if I switch from my TAR to my TRV and then back again to my TAR, have the game remember which attachments I put on the TAR before switching to the TRV)

-Don't switch the default class over to the LA, ever. Always have it switch over to the last class that I used before redeploying. I don't remember all the instances that makes this happen, but redeploying as a MAX does this.

-Put the MBT equipable armour into one cert.

-Quick keys for choosing class loadouts.

-The toggle zoom needs to be changed. As soon as you reload it should not put you into ADS mode again. Any action not relating to firing your weapon should cancel the ADS. It's especially frustrating since after reloading I slow down because of the movement penalty while ADS'ing, which has meant my death on numerous occasions.

-Allow players to toggle locked camo on or off when selecting camo for their weapons, vehicles etc. via the drop down menu.

-Better physics for tracked vehicles. They slide far too easily.

-Switching from the underslug grenade launcher back to your primary seems to be unresponsive at times.

-Make it far more intuitive for players to deploy ammo via the ACE tool. Removing the ammo box as an equipable item and instead binding it to its own key, or the special ability key would work better.

-Unresponsive loadout terminals. I take it that this has to do with the amount of players currently inside the loadout screen, or somesuch. It can take quite a while before you're able to access the loadout screen.

-Show friendly mines on minimap and allow for easier identification on the HUD. Far too often friendly players have to shoote at mines in order to tell if they are friendly or hostile.

-Make decals show up on composite armor. Also the Fleet Plating on the Prowler covers up the decal. Decal placement needs work, especially on a MAX.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-15 at 04:31 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Weirdo

Cert resets would be nice. I've spent so many certs on things that are pretty worthless now (ie. magrider)

Last edited by Weirdo; 2013-05-15 at 03:57 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Nice thread!!

Here are my bug bears Higby my man:

1. I would like a tick box in settings to hide death count and KDR on a session by session basis. If people want it displayed they can, if they hate looking at it they can get rid. Free to play, your way. Everyone wins.

2. Drop down favourite loadouts *need* to be hotkeyed

3. /re needs fixing in large populations. Yelling tactics and strategy isn't great.

4. When being revived it would be nice to see the level of the med-tool user. Also Triage should be cheaper.

5. All squad colours need to be customizable. Purple Charlie isn't great.

6. Passive cert on vehicles: time away from driver seat increases before deconstruct.

Keep up the good work

Old 2013-05-14, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mordicant
Sergeant

rendering driver's hands on the flash.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Thanks for coming over here and looking for smaller-scale feedback! I prefer these forums knowing I can write a lot more here and more people will actually read and understand it, and it won't get lost in the mass of posts.

1. Engineer has no ability, must drop ammo manually, takes several seconds to appear and difficult to place...
Solutions I've seen proposed: Bind ammo pack to F as ability with cooldown (like Charge on a MAX) and drop it like Mines or C4 unless game mechanics would interfere horribly with that.

2. Not being able to spawn where the fight is. This is a big one for me because I try to do defense, and when I redeploy to defend another facility I often find myself not able to get there. This is because outposts are prioritized over main spawn rooms far too much (I'd rather take a main spawn room over any outpost spawns in most cases). The perfect thing would be to have access to...
>All spawns in zone
>All spawns within 500m of death
>All main spawns in adjacent areas
>3 "Reinforcements needed" spawns that appear in different areas (preferably those owned by YOUR faction so you can defend them) and never, ever focusing on outposts like they do now. Also, unless "reinforcements needed" are the same for everyone across the continent, add a mechanism by which spawns do not get listed twice and a player playing where reinforcements are needed gets an additional spawn option.

Flying up to a tower vehicle terminal from below (from stair or vehicle pad) as LA and then pressing E before landing while facing the terminal... sometimes drags you through the teleporter and pops you out the top. Forcing you to run down again.

With deployment near squad leader, sometimes when respawning you get the option to respawn at the point nearest to him/her... and sometimes you don't. Which leads me to look for my squad leader on the minimap, which if dots are clustered too tightly takes a few seconds of spot-the-1. Maybe allow special tracking of squad and platoon leaders?

Pressing more than a few buttons at the same time tends to confuse the game. While pressing forward and tab (checking alert/score/players in vicinity while in a vehicle) I can also press Right to turn my vehicle right... but cannot press left to turn it left. Which is weird. This is also for trying to turn on FPS counter while running... it doesn't work, too many buttons, gotta stop and let go of some of the keys for it to work. :?

When securing a facility from enemy capture, if the enemy capture bar has started filling up and the owners have resecured the CP majority, as long as the bar is "owned" by the enemy (more than halfway capped), no capture completion timer will be displayed on it.
(At least this was so the last time I checked.)

Instant death in restricted zones needs to go away. I'm already taking periodic damage, adding an instant death after a certain time spent inside feels a little cheap if you're focused on maintaining your health while in the field (which will be at 50% anyway and require effort and concentration to keep there). I'm all for staying with simple pain fields, crap like this never made Planetside 1.

I'll be sure to think of more.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ice
Private

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
Pressing more than a few buttons at the same time tends to confuse the game. While pressing forward and tab (checking alert/score/players in vicinity while in a vehicle) I can also press Right to turn my vehicle right... but cannot press left to turn it left. Which is weird. This is also for trying to turn on FPS counter while running... it doesn't work, too many buttons, gotta stop and let go of some of the keys for it to work. :?
I've never experienced this, so it may just be an issue with your keyboard if you aren't using on that is labeled as gaming/anti-ghosting. Most regular keyboards have a limit to the amount of keys that can be pressed simultaneously before ghosting occurs.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
LtCarman
Private

Agreed with everyone else about the spinning drop pods, very nauseating.

Probably not the biggest thing in the world for most people, but the one thing that has been absolutely bugging me since beta are the reload animations on most of the TR weapons. In the medic class, the only reload animation that isn't bugged is the SABR-13. In all the other weapons, the animation of your character pulling back the charging handle and the charging handling actually moving back are completely out of sync.

I do believe you guys fixed part of this earlier, seeing as how the magazine going into the gun isn't out of sync anymore.

If this can be fixed, it would be fantastic.
Old 2013-06-04, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Thumbs up Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Originally Posted by Ice View Post
I've never experienced this, so it may just be an issue with your keyboard if you aren't using on that is labeled as gaming/anti-ghosting. Most regular keyboards have a limit to the amount of keys that can be pressed simultaneously before ghosting occurs.
It's the keyboard. 100% sure on this. Not sure what causes it really. Sometimes some key combinations just don't gel, and in most of those cases it's always the LEFT arrow key.

Make flashlight much more brighter so it might actually be more useful then night vision when playing as a team (look, enemy over there!). That way there's a reason to pick it over night vision.
Old 2013-06-04, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
It's the keyboard. 100% sure on this. Not sure what causes it really. Sometimes some key combinations just don't gel, and in most of those cases it's always the LEFT arrow key.
don´t think so, because i have noticed this, too!
and i use a logitech g11 and it passed the ghost-test cyclesmchurtz suggested a long time ago with not a single character missing.

but strafing while running using the sprint key often doesn´t register the strafe-left key. especially when additional keys like spotting need to be spammed as well.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-04, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
don´t think so, because i have noticed this, too!
and i use a logitech g11 and it passed the ghost-test cyclesmchurtz suggested a long time ago with not a single character missing.

but strafing while running using the sprint key often doesn´t register the strafe-left key. especially when additional keys like spotting need to be spammed as well.
I've noticed this as well on my G710+.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
NotTheMomma
Corporal

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
2. Not being able to spawn where the fight is. This is a big one for me because I try to do defense, and when I redeploy to defend another facility I often find myself not able to get there. This is because outposts are prioritized over main spawn rooms far too much (I'd rather take a main spawn room over any outpost spawns in most cases). The perfect thing would be to have access to...
>All spawns in zone
>All spawns within 500m of death
>All main spawns in adjacent areas
>3 "Reinforcements needed" spawns that appear in different areas (preferably those owned by YOUR faction so you can defend them) and never, ever focusing on outposts like they do now. Also, unless "reinforcements needed" are the same for everyone across the continent, add a mechanism by which spawns do not get listed twice and a player playing where reinforcements are needed gets an additional spawn option.
This right here is my biggest frustration. When running lone wolf or with a very loosely organized casual squad (often the case late at night), you simply cannot get where you need to go without flying, and gravity is not my friend.

I am SO damn tired of seeing "Reinforcements Needed" completely populated by multiple spawns to the same tech plant, amp station or biolab. Typically, mind you, fights that have both enemy and ally platoons with deployed Sunderers and no need of reinforcements. Meanwhile, a tower base a few regions away has Enemy Platoon/Allies Detected, and no one can spawn at it to defend the tower, even though an ally got there and deployed a Sunderer.

At minimum: 1) Change "Reinforcements Needed" to never display more than one spawn inside a single base's region.

2) Re-extend the distance to which deployed Sunderers show up on the general deployment list. Not to the extent that it used to be, where you could literally deploy all the way across the continent, but several hexes from the present position. Sunderers have greatly reduced longevity compared to months ago, Instant Action won't necessarily even drop you on the same continent, you can't tell where your squad leader is if he's in a vehicle and base capture times are about to be reduced on the live servers. This needs to be done.

Last edited by NotTheMomma; 2013-05-15 at 12:29 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Instead of a drop down menu for loadouts, turn it into 3 buttons we can press that selects the loadout, and resupplies.
This,

Also as far as the UI it would be nice to have more custom classes. Instead of choosing your class, then load out. I think it would be better to have custom loadout to choose from with my specific class, weapons, and utilities already decided. Kinda like in PS1.
and this.

There's also a delay on bringing up the equipment menu when you approach it. I think it's there to keep people from switching equipment too fast, but is it really necessary? Maybe you can tweak it so that it is only delayed after you have recently used it.

Last edited by Aaron; 2013-05-14 at 09:43 PM.
Old 2013-05-21, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Instead of a drop down menu for loadouts, turn it into 3 buttons we can press that selects the loadout, and resupplies.
THIS, but i would say in addition not instead of.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion