TROL is Tiresome - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey, what's that on your face?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Briggs (AU)

Old 2013-06-20, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

TROL is Tiresome

Not having a go TROL here, just wondering if there are any outfits on TR or NC that can match them for numbers?

We had UNCO (great name) OP running last night with two full platoons, plus pubs and we were still outnumbered 2-1 at an Amp Station fight. Defending against those numbers is manageable, but trying to take an AMP station vs 200+ is extremely difficult.
Old 2013-06-20, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
camycamera
Major

Re: TROL is Tiresome

lol, knightrage is the TR equivalent of TROL

as for NC, they are all silly zerglings to me anyway. same as VS :P

Last edited by camycamera; 2013-06-20 at 09:19 PM.
Old 2013-06-20, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
lol, nightrage is the TR equivalent of TROL

I thought Knightrage died? They certainly haven't been around much lately. Run into IIW, 7OXS and IGDA fairly regularly and whilst numbers can be high it doesnt feel as zergy.
Old 2013-06-20, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
I thought Knightrage died? They certainly haven't been around much lately. Run into IIW, 7OXS and IGDA fairly regularly and whilst numbers can be high it doesnt feel as zergy.
honestly idk, i was speaking on behalf of my fellow IGDA members who said Knightrage was the TR equivalent of TROL, but i dont know. i have however seen a huge surge in 7OXS players lately though.

Last edited by camycamera; 2013-06-20 at 09:18 PM.
Old 2013-06-24, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Nothing from the other factions is as zergy as TROL.
Their main strat is hitting DEL en masse.
Old 2013-06-24, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
camycamera
Major

^ lol, true, the amount of ZOE MAXes they pull though.... argh.

Last edited by camycamera; 2013-06-24 at 07:28 PM.
Old 2013-06-25, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
OCNSethy
Major

^ lol, true, the amount of ZOE MAXes they pull though.... argh.
Amen to dat, brother.
Old 2013-06-26, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
BestAssassinAU
Private

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
Not having a go TROL here, just wondering if there are any outfits on TR or NC that can match them for numbers?

We had UNCO (great name) OP running last night with two full platoons, plus pubs and we were still outnumbered 2-1 at an Amp Station fight. Defending against those numbers is manageable, but trying to take an AMP station vs 200+ is extremely difficult.
TROL here, if you check the stats: http://www.planetside-universe.com/o...gs&members=384 We have double the amount of members as the next biggest outfits on TR. We pull 3 platoons every night that's how we win every fight. NC are horrible, whenever we fight them it ends up with us camping them in their spawn. You guys need to get your shit together, both TR and VS think you guys are the massive joke of the server.

lol, knightrage is the TR equivalent of TROL

Knightrage is no where near our level. Their outfit leader ordered massive teamkilling of another outfit that caused most of their senior members to create 7OX.

We are by no means a 'zerg'. A zerg is a bunch of people with no organisation that slowly moves forward in a predictable motion. We redeploy around the map and frequently go back to warpgate to grab gals. The intellizerg™

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
Nothing from the other factions is as zergy as TROL.
Their main strat is hitting DEL en masse.
This is the truth, last night during the prime time alert, control all 9 biolabs. We were constantly redeploying around both indar and esamir to cock block TR's advance on other lattice links. The real reason we win every battle is that we have trained all the pubs on follow our orders. You spawned a tank? who cares, if we said redeploy and you didn't we will kick you from the platoon.
Old 2013-06-26, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
camycamera
Major

^ lol, and there you go, an exclusive insight on how TROL operates, right here on PSU.
Old 2013-06-26, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
zzzenigma
Private

So what you're saying is try to apply real world tactics to, how can I put this?.....a game!! How did that work out for you? Doesn't matter what you say about troll, we are all in it to enjoy the game and deliberately go out of our way looking for the big fights not ghost capping for the sake of it. Fact is when told to redeploy, everyone does it regardless of whether the current base is about to flick over knowing that the few rewards will likely be much higher at the next destination.

No one is unbeatable. Instead of shedding a little tear why don't the other factions try working together and use the game mechanics instead of pretending that all the weekend warriors are hardcore war vets. We want a good fight as much as you do. See you on the battlefield.
Old 2013-06-27, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Yoddd
Private

Planetside's motto is "Size Matters."
TROL unites the pubs of VS into a large force and gives them a better play experience than any around, fighting the biggest fights when and where we can, reflecting the PS2 ideology. On these forums I've seen posts criticizing "zergy" play whilst offering no alternative or plausible other style of gameplay and without realising that the lattice currently in place supports and encourages these large battles. Hitting 'DEL' en masse is a problem? Explain how. I recall stagnant non-adaptive trench warfare being outdated aeons ago.

7OXS on TR got the idea and are excelling ingame atm by running larger platoons. Smaller outfits such as GAB (I do not claim to speak for GAB but this is how it looks) adapt by securing the smaller fights in and around TROL, which means that despite our different playstyles, we synergise well.
If NC and the other TR can't get their shit together and insist on running tiny ghost squads that just don't work in the hope of 420MLGS4WGYOLO4YESUS the larger forces then QQ and leave so fairer minded players can take your places. Or stay, I enjoy your tears.
Old 2013-06-27, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Something has touched a raw nerve, was it something we said

And welcome to PSU I hope you enjoy your stay.
Old 2013-06-27, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
zzzenigma
Private

Nah not really. It's much like backseat commanders. Being BR100 I'm sure you've had your fair share of platoon command where people think they can do better not realising that there's coordination happening on several different levels.

We're just after fun fights on Briggs and we've found a way of running the platoons that works for us. If the opposition can bring an equally big fight, bloody awesome. Can't ask more than that.
Old 2013-06-27, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Hah!

Point is, if I'm only leading 3 squads it doesnt matter how well we play we aren't going to beat 3 platoons.

I realise you gather up the pubs, and good on you for the organisation, but on the occasions I've tried we just don't get the numbers on NC. Maybe that has changed since the warpgate rotation.

Running into a massive TROL zerg isnt fun for either side, we can't deal with the numbers and TROL doesnt get a fight. I'll be doing my best to wrangle the NC pubs though

Welcome to PSU
Old 2013-06-27, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I would expect our larger outfits to go up against you but overall I think one or two of our largest have done more harm than good for the NC.
Some of the stuff coming out over /orders is rubbish.
One large outfit in particular seems to be suffering from yet another officer meltdown. Which is interesting because I am sure thats how they originally formed this break away outfit not long after release.
So now it seems the inmates are running the asylum and no one really wants to work with them regardless of the numbers they have.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Briggs (AU)