Battlefield 3 - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When bad games attack, pong 2003 the PS clone!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2011-10-25, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Battlefield 3

Hah, Bare-Minimum requirements MY ASS. My GTX460 can run everything on ultra with full AA at a steady 40-50 FPS. Awesome campaign so far, just finished thunder run.
Old 2011-10-25, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
duomaxwl
Captain

What processor do you have? I have a 560 Ti and I can run it on Ultra, but it sometimes drops a bit more than I'd like. =\
Old 2011-10-25, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Zulthus
Colonel

AMD Athlon II x4 630

I'm also using a 1680x1050 monitor, you might be using something like 1900x1200.
Old 2011-10-25, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
duomaxwl
Captain

Ah yeah. That'd do it. I honestly wish I could drop it down to a smaller resolution, but on my monitor it just looks funky.
Old 2011-10-25, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Man this stuff is awesome...but sometime between last night an today I stopped being able to join parties and voice and follow friends to games.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-10-25, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Zulthus
Colonel

I keep getting kicked from multiplayer servers every two minutes. "You have been disconnected by the administrator." What's up?
Old 2011-10-26, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Hamma
PSU Admin

Something hosed with PunkBuster?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-10-26, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
duomaxwl
Captain

I would have issues finally being able to get onto a server, and than it crash and say "Disconnected from Login Server." Also sometimes my game will get really slow and I have to restart it. Not gunna lie, it was pretty anti-climatic to finally get on a server, peak out from behind a bus and than see this:

But it was pretty funny. Took me around an hour to stop walking into bullets. Used to Planetside where I can take a beating for a bit haha.
Old 2011-10-26, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

You guys are lucky, for whatever reason, after playing campaign for a bit, I quit and try out multiplayer, only for it to be stuck on 'initializing'. End bf3 processes, restart computer, etc etc... Nothing works, except time. After I get back from work, it miraculously starts working again. Only for it to happen again, when I quit campaign.

No exactly what I was hoping for come launch...

Besides that, I love the campaign, feels really gritty, if I had no prior knowledge and I watched a cutscene, I would think it was a movie. If not for EA and it's fucking stupid battlelog, this game would be the greatest fps ever.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams

Last edited by Geist; 2011-10-26 at 09:34 AM.
Old 2011-10-26, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
ikon
Master Sergeant

fn too much fun.

finally home and at a desk, let my real skills be unleashed unto the battlefield of the third
Old 2011-10-26, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Liking multiplayer, but the campaign was pretty shitty lol. I don't think who ever wrote for the campaign has every done so for an FPS. Bright lights where way overused, and it usually looked like I was looking through a glass with dirt on it. That's what I deal with wearing glasses every day lol. Seems like they went overkill on trying to show off the new graphics.

But multiplayer is definitely promising. I have more CoD experience then BF but I like it.

Also, very glad I got a new PC before getting this. With a GeForce GTX 460 it lags behind just a bit on Ultra (+3.2ghz 4x processor), but High graphics are still damn good.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2011-10-26 at 06:34 PM.
Old 2011-10-26, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Zulthus
Colonel

I don't know what you're talkin 'bout, campaign was amazing. If BF3's campaign is bad then COD's campaigns are disgusting, fermenting horse shit. The dirt was your dirty goggles from all the time in the field. Again, BF3 is about realism instead of just being an arcade shooter. The dirty goggles looked awesome and added to the immersion. Bright lights, hardly overused, the sun is pretty damn bright in real life too.

Time to start MP!
Old 2011-10-26, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

fucking awesome.
Old 2011-10-26, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Zulthus
Colonel

I wish mortars and recon were out. They're getting so old.
Old 2011-10-27, 04:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea mortars in this game are seriously OP, saw a guy go 30/0 sitting back in the spawn.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion