Do you want enter/exit vehicle animations? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetcrack>Evercrack
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want enter/exit vehicle animations?
Yay 398 80.73%
Nay 95 19.27%
Voters: 493. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-25, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
demonicale
Sergeant

Re: Do you want enter/exit vehicle animations?

I'd like to see it in personally.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
SergeantNubins
Corporal

I dont mind not having the animations, but i dont think peole should be able to get into a vehcile through its exhaust.. what i mean is, they should have boarding points like they did in PS1.

Since people were invincible whilst getting in the tank in PS1, it would keep the gameplay aspect more or less the same and as you dont need to code in animations for it, it shouldn't be too hard or time consuming to do.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
We absolutely want folks feedback on it and as Higby has stated, it's not completely out of the question in the future. At this point and time it's a safe bet you will not see it in at launch. We'll obviously let everyone know if that changes.
This might provide you with some reading on the subject,

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/s...archid=4434610

I have not catalogued all the responses but I remember, over time, that some people in BF land wanted animations for immersion purposes, and some wanted it simply because they didn't like shooting at someone that hit E to get into a vehicle. And of course, the opposition to animations opposed it for these reasons as well.

I'm curious as to what your "First Platoon" is telling you on this subject?
Old 2012-06-25, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Dudster
Private

I usually bypass the animation anyway so having...not having it, no biggie.
Old 2012-06-25, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

/snaps fingers

Maybe in the new Auraxis nanotechnology is so advanced you don't enter or exit vehicles at all. Maybe you freaking DE-REZ and appear inside the vehicle's living space.

But of course you have to stand on the derezzing port -- the place you would have stood in PS1 to enter -- and the vehicle has to be at a near-standstill. And it take a second or two. The mechanics would stay the same. It's just that the entry/exit animation would be replaced by a simple particle effect.

I'd be okay with it. And it'd be easy to implement, yes?
Old 2012-06-25, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Kyros
Corporal

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
/snaps fingers

Maybe in the new Auraxis nanotechnology is so advanced you don't enter or exit vehicles at all. Maybe you freaking DE-REZ and appear inside the vehicle's living space.

But of course you have to stand on the derezzing port -- the place you would have stood in PS1 to enter -- and the vehicle has to be at a near-standstill. And it take a second or two. The mechanics would stay the same. It's just that the entry/exit animation would be replaced by a simple particle effect.

I'd be okay with it. And it'd be easy to implement, yes?
I'd be fine with that as a sort of placeholder but not permanently. It would just seem awkward for some vehicles. A couple vehicles had that in planetside 1. Such as the switchblade or flail.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Taru
Corporal

Do I want to see these animations in the game at some point? Absolutely. It is by no means a must have at launch feature, nor should it be high on the priority scale; but seeing them added post release would be awesome.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
ringring
Contributor
General

Yes ..... short answer

Longer answer, not top priority but it depends on where you have spare capacity down the line. My preference would be additional continents but development of one my not impact on the other.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Reefpirate
Corporal

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
We absolutely want folks feedback on it and as Higby has stated, it's not completely out of the question in the future. At this point and time it's a safe bet you will not see it in at launch. We'll obviously let everyone know if that changes.
Some sort of answer about whether or not there will be delays on in/out transitions for vehicles (and delays for switching positions in the vehicles) would totally put my heart at ease.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
BillyBob
Corporal

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
Anybody who hasn't hopped down off a Liberator cockpit after a successful bombing run hasn't truly lived.
This. ^^

Originally Posted by Wayside View Post
Also, fond memories of tank columns loading up in unison.
And this. ^^

It's a pretty unique feature of the original PlanetSide, and PS2 without boarding animations wouldn't feel 100% right IMO, like something is missing from the game.

That said, I fully realize that this feature isn't high on the priority list and that it won't be in by launch.

All I ask and hope for, is that it will be implemented into the game at some point in the future.

As far as I'm concerned, the amount of feel and immersion it adds to the gameplay simply can't be stressed enough. It's just one of those things that almost no other game except PlanetSide has, and it's simply awesome.

Anyway, here's keeping my fingers crossed.

/BB
Old 2012-06-25, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
ringring
Contributor
General

Yes ..... short answer

Longer answer, not top priority but it depends on where you have spare capacity down the line. My preference would be additional continents but development of one my not impact on the other.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Exactly, and I'll make a prediction. An overwhelming majority of veterans will vote in favor of it, just like last time.

I thought the animations were cool, of course. But I just can't by the "immersion" argument. If anything, it broke immersion because it took you out of first person view, which is THE most immersive thing.
I agree most vets will want it. I personally also thought the third person animations were not immersive. They were cool but like you said true immersion would keep you in the first person view.

I would love to see them add a first person enter and exit animation now THAT would be amazing.

Honestly though it's just not that important really. The meat and pototoes of the game is the gameplay, make the guns feel great and make the combat dynamic and I could really care less if I have animations for vehicle enter/exit.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Tarconus
Corporal

No plus they said it will ad months to development its fine the way it is along with switching seats while in the vehicle.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Faarooq
Private

What I liked about PlanetSide was the true feeling of ownership of a vehicle and I can only believe this was enhanced with the enter/exit animations.

It was a great feeling to arrive at a captured base, park up like a boss and enter the base.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Tarconus View Post
No plus they said it will ad months to development its fine the way it is along with switching seats while in the vehicle.
I still don't think a slight delay *plus* a Star Trek teleportation particle effect is too much to ask for, goddamit.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion