*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 55 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma is god, We are Just Road signs he ignores on his way to work
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-30, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #811
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

EDIT: Forget what I said, I got better clarification on the issue later. Just thought we were seeing a serious change in how they're handling the beta.

Last edited by DarkChiron; 2012-06-30 at 07:35 PM.
Old 2012-06-30, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #812
Noghi
Private

Thats also different from what she said before iirc. Things change I guess
Old 2012-06-30, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #813
onewingedangel
Private

Originally Posted by DarkChiron View Post
Maggie Krohn just said in her stream that PS1 Vets, PC Gamer Keys, and twitter keys are not being considered differently in beta selection process. They are all going to be considered equally when deciding who gets in to the beta and when.

This is different from the "PS1 vets get special considerations" stuff we've heard before.
Crap seriously? Well I guess that's a good as any to sub PS1. I can't help that I was too young during its heyday to have a credit card.
Old 2012-06-30, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #814
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

Maggie Krohn just said in her stream that PS1 Vets, PC Gamer Keys, and twitter keys are not being considered differently in beta selection process. They are all going to be considered equally when deciding who gets in to the beta and when.

This is different from the "PS1 vets get special considerations" stuff we've heard before.
I like hearing that PCG and twitterkeys are basically the same thing. For a while I thought due to the amount of twitterkeys being given out they would basically mean squat. (Which in the end they probably do since they've been giving out thousands of them.)
Old 2012-06-30, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #815
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

No guys, Vets and Pc Game mags STILL have priority.

Don't know where this surfaced and why, but they have priority. This has been said SO many times before. I wish people would listen sometimes.
Old 2012-06-30, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #816
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by AvacadoEight View Post
No guys, Vets and Pc Game mags STILL have priority.

Don't know where this surfaced and why, but they have priority. This has been said SO many times before. I wish people would listen sometimes.
For clarification on this:

When she said that, she was referring to keys SHE had, which were apparently set to equal priority to the vets and PC Gamer mags. So in terms of twitter keys, what I said wasn't actually included. Sorry for my miswording.

Last edited by DarkChiron; 2012-06-30 at 07:30 PM.
Old 2012-06-30, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #817
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

When she said that, she was referring to keys SHE had, which were apparently set to equal priority to the vets and PC Gamer mags. So in terms of twitter keys, what I said wasn't actually included. Sorry for my miswording.
Ahhh. Miswording, its killer :P
Old 2012-06-30, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #818
Timey
Staff Sergeant

I can't get over the fact that cats have about 8 nipples. Why would a cat need 8 nipples? Surely a powerful animal like cat could just shove away surplus kittens or let the strongest kittens feed themselves on 2 nipples?

Seems weird.

beta soon.
Old 2012-06-30, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #819
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Hate to break it to yu kids again, but the twitter keys are one and the same with other actual keys (PC gamer, not speaking for vet flag) Both grant 'Congratulations, you've unlocked priority beta access', and on my station account, it says I have priority access. Know why they haven't been clear about this? So this trigger happy community doesn't flip a nut over not being super elite. They'll be the same. people who got them in a mag aren't any more special than people hustling 4 or 5 using fan art.
Old 2012-06-30, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #820
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
Hate to break it to yu kids again, but the twitter keys are one and the same with other actual keys (PC gamer, not speaking for vet flag) Both grant 'Congratulations, you've unlocked priority beta access', and on my station account, it says I have priority access. Know why they haven't been clear about this? So this trigger happy community doesn't flip a nut over not being super elite. They'll be the same. people who got them in a mag aren't any more special than people hustling 4 or 5 using fan art.

That's actually what I had written in the first place, but then I got further clarification on it and it sounded like I was wrong. This stuff just confuses the hell out of me.

Oh well, doesn't matter. We'll all get in beta when we get there. I had a twitter key and it said "Priority Key" as well, but I assumed it meant I had priority over a guy who had just signed up off the website with no key. As I said, doesn't matter. We'll all get in eventually.
Old 2012-06-30, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #821
Timey
Staff Sergeant

acting like an entitled person:

I'd take any number of vets (ofcourse including myself) over any number of guys who just heard about planetside 3 months ago.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #822
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Timey View Post

I'd take any number of vets (ofcourse including myself) over any number of guys who just heard about planetside 3 months ago.
Not everyone who thinks planetside 2 looks sweet just heard about it. I just think PS2 doesn' look like total crap, and is fortunately everything you 'vets' hate. Can't wait till you guys are outnumbered by FPS jocks and Nexon addicts 3000:1. We'll see who's a sadbear then lmao.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #823
Zar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Timey View Post

fairly sure this nonsense has already been confirmed to some degree dev's saying vet's have first pick within each pull of invites till were gone. granted vet's may not have all the specs for hardware they need so they pull from someone non vet so they will check us first then who ever else. twitter vs pc gamer i have no idea no post that I'm aware of.

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
Not everyone who thinks planetside 2 looks sweet just heard about it. I just think PS2 doesn' look like total crap, and is fortunately everything you 'vets' hate. Can't wait till you guys are outnumbered by FPS jocks and Nexon addicts 3000:1. We'll see who's a sadbear then lmao.
lol lots of hate in this post ps player's are a different breed then most =3 if this turn's into codside or bfside or what it will be planetside 2 trust me =3 we will beat you into the ground with coordinated 300 person strikes your nerd raging tear's will fuel our war machine =3 cod and bf players beware team work or get out =3 if you love team work welcome to a better world =3
Old 2012-06-30, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #824
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zar View Post
lol lots of hate in this post ps player's are a different breed then most =3 if this turn's into codside or bfside or what it will be planetside 2 trust me =3 we will beat you into the ground with coordinated 300 person strikes your nerd raging tear's will fuel our war machine =3 cod and bf players beware team work or get out =3 if you love team work welcome to a better world =3
I think you are vastly overestimating the room for teamwork in PS2. The closest thing you will find is zerging the enemy by all attacking at once.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #825
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zar View Post

Not really trying to come off that way, just stating that no matter what vets want, 1000's of non vets will be there :P
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion