Gun Control - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sir, Custer was a pussy.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-01, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #211
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Gun Control

Lobbyists don't even know where Ron Paul's office is.

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-01, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #212
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-10-01 at 11:15 AM.
Old 2012-08-01, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #213
Figment
Lieutenant General

I don't recall there's a lower limit for bribes. Being on a payroll is being bought. Done.

Happy "politics".

EDIT: ANY personal gain incentive provided by an external interest group to influence a vote or even to "call to support" someone having a vote or even offer a free holiday by rewarding populism and favouritism is corruption Malorn.

If any such things would be discovered in the Netherlands, they get sued by the state for trying to abuse the system for illegal personal gain, their political parties throw them out with a dishonorable discharge due to public outrage. Even then the populace would immediately punish the party that allowed corruption by going to the competitors and lowering the percentage of seats that party scores next election.

Same goes for incompetence.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-08-01 at 08:23 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-02, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #214
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 02:22 AM.
Old 2012-08-02, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #215
Figment
Lieutenant General

Do you realise that there is no difference? Personal gain includes campaign funds to get elected.

Ps: no Jezus never heard of the US, the Caribean were only discovered in 1492 and the USA was founded quite a bit later. Jezus was quite dead by then.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-08-02 at 04:48 AM.
Old 2012-08-02, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #216
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Not according to the Mormons

Old 2012-08-02, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #217
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Whenever I see someone say "this glorious country of ours" with no irony whatsoever I cringe a little.
Old 2012-08-02, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #218
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
Much like everything else in your ass backwards country you're about two centuries behind on surpassing us at something. Enjoy being our northern Mexico.

PS: Your country fights wars that we want you to fight. Canadian soldiers are dying fighting our war. I guess being "more rich" than us doesn't prevent your government from bending at the knee at the beck and whim of our very own now does it?
What was that? I couldn't hear you over the noise of your nation's widespread poverty.

More seriously though patriotism and nationalism are both dumb. I don't give a fuck about a nation I just so happened to have been born in.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-08-02 at 05:56 PM.
Old 2012-08-02, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #219
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
What was that? I couldn't hear you over the noise of your nation's widespread poverty.

More seriously though patriotism and nationalism are both dumb. I don't give a fuck about a nation I just so happened to have been born in.
I do.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-03, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #220
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 02:23 AM.
Old 2012-08-03, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #221
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Not by the laws in the country that matters.
As long as you can provide incentives to influence representative's voting behaviour, it's a bribe. Legalized bribes are still bribes. I'd be concerned if your legislators make bribes legal and tell you "this is normal".

I'd be even more concerned if the voters accept that.
Old 2012-08-03, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #222
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
I'd be even more concerned if the voters accept that.
Voters will accept whatever they are told. The majority of registered voters in this country are fucking stupid. I want to guess that at least 70% of them vote along party lines. But even still, they vote for whoever they vote for, and then they don't hold anyone accountable, not even themselves and their fellow party-line voters (see: Tea Party, Occupy).

No, what they will do is this: they'll vote some assclown into office, and then said assclown does something like have a gay love affair or father a child with an illegal immigrant who was his underpaid housekeeper. And either they're blinded by party loyalty or they're religious zealots who will take offense that their Golden Boy has sinned. Then they'll go on Youtube or PSU's Political Debate or Facebook or whatever internet forum suits their political leanings, and they'll froth at the mouth like some sort of emotionally-disturbed child with severe problems and a case of butt-hurt. What's even better is when they mobilize their army of mentally-deficient sycophantic minions who mindlessly follow their every word, and then they go spend an hour ranting on some unfortunate target's page/site/wall until the next rabid crisis arises and they're distracted.

Americans today lack the ability to hold anyone accountable and that includes themselves. In fact they'll do everything but assume responsibility for their actions. It's always someone else's fault, and we should all get on Facebook and be internet slacktivists about it, yes that's the correct answer. But you can't take away their right to vote or make them take an IQ test or common sense test which doesn't even exist, because they'll complain about someone stripping them of their right to make an ass of themselves.

This (and other things) is what happens when you foster a culture where every kid gets a trophy just for showing up. Few people in this country would put meat in front of metal and actually do something about it. The rest are just sheep.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #223
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
I do.
Condolences I guess. Don't worry though, I think we can blame it mainly on the schools and your parents.
Old 2012-08-06, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #224
Figment
Lieutenant General

http://www.squidoo.com/school-shooti...stics-by-state

Fun stats, scroll down for descriptions.

No the responsible gun peoples didn't do MOST of these. But wait! A member of their family was the person using the gun in many of these cases!

Hmm.

Just look at these fine school statistics where your fine youth get hold of guns they shouldn't have and that their responsible families make sure they don't get hold of when they shouldn't. Oh wait.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#1980s

Gee. 19 events in the last 30 years in Europe. 7 in Canada in the last 30 years.

22 events in the US in the last... 2 years.

Oh. 110 events in the past 30 years in the US.

So much saver for our children!
Old 2012-08-06, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #225
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

The answer is to give children guns. When literally everyone has a gun, nobody will need the police anymore and nobody ever will get shot.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum