News: Higgs GDC gametrailers interview - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now provides a witness protection agency!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-20, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Graywolves
General

Re: Higgs GDC gametrailers interview

I highly doubt we would even reach launch with cloakers having an instagib without some form of warning (even just a sound, like alternate fire on the knives in PS1 or the beeping of the boomer being set).

The reason for this is that the meta-game would adjust to make paranoia and every possible precaution against infiltrators be a requirement , which would just make their instagibbing a rare gimick that results in more dead cloakers than anything else.
Old 2012-03-20, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Purple
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by garinarbis View Post
We won't see any more then 10-20 players probably untill beta, if they allow frapsing it during that time:/

But I've got a silly question, sorry for it

Now I havent played planetside 1, and im curious, since it is "open world" all 3 factions can and probably will fight eachother at the same time, and even same places sometimes? sorry again for the silly question
yes it happens alot. just today in planetside i was playing the NC we were attacking a VS base from on direction and the TR from the other side. so we had to fight to see who could attack the base.
Old 2012-03-20, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Those spotting markers just stick out like Jesus in a tittybar, they attract way too much attention. It doesn't need to represent "HEY GUYS THIS DUDE RIGHT HERE!? SEE HIM!? HE'S BEEN SPOTTED!" But more like a "Target sighted at your 10oclock" Good thing they have plenty of time to make them more subtle.

The Red "Overshield" on the TR Heavies is certainly interesting, I would have thought it better suited as a MAX ability though.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2012-03-20 at 06:18 PM.
Old 2012-03-20, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
megamold
Second Lieutenant

i dont understand why people think that just because a feature is similar or has the same name that it will be a carbon copy of that feature from another game. i have seen many ways to change features from a host of games to work for ps2, and they still get shot down just because it wasnt in ps1.

most people i see fighting against change are the ones that want to make ps2 a clone of ps1, and if that would happen the game would bomb again like it did with ps1 however awesome it was to us.

i hear all this talk about innovation, and yet i have seen very few people bring forward actually innovative ideas.
and "make it like ps1" is not an innovative idea.

i loved ps1 with a passion and i still do to this day, yet i have no desire to play a reskinned version of it. i have seen clearly that the dev team knows what is important in planetside and its universe, and the will to bend their idea's to the users wants and needs ( in beta ) so i see no reason for all this gibberish about random stuff we know nothing about.

Last edited by megamold; 2012-03-20 at 06:46 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-20, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
What if Infiltrators are the only class that can spot and it's a class ability? that would bring some very clear "recon" teamwork benefit to infiltrators.

That would cut back on spotting spam and give Infiltrators a great role. Win-win IMO.
Just restating this idea. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Gives the infiltrators a very unique intel-related role and a definite reason you would want them in a squad.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-20, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

2:57 he's shooting at a TR Rexo who is glowing red. He shoots the rexo many, many times, and in the killcam we see he had full health and was still glowing red. So it looks like some sort of shield overload ability which allows him to take a lot more damage than normal.

Is this a glimpse at a Rexo class ability to absorb damage?
Anyone else notice this? Please take a look. What exactly are we looking at here, because to me it appears to be a Rexo class ability. He's obviously glowing bright red like his shield has been supercharged and taking lots of hits.
Old 2012-03-20, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Aurmanite
Captain

For the love of god, someone pay attention to Malorn!

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-20, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

srsly, all you people focusing on the knife and you completely missed the invulnerable rexo, lol
Old 2012-03-20, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Atheosim
Captain

srsly, all you people focusing on the knife and you completely missed the invulnerable rexo, lol
It's been stated by the devs that there is still a shitload of balancing involved with the HA class.
Old 2012-03-20, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Aurmanite
Captain

The devs said that the heavy assault class is basically going to be a tank. Shield over drive could definitely be a part of the design.

I can dig it.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-20, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Ya clearly looks like some sort of super-shielding ability that is temporary. Shield glows bright as a clear visual indicator that it is on and he absorbed many shots. Might be invulnerability, or just really strong damage reduction. Seemed to last about 5-6 seconds.
Old 2012-03-20, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Atheosim
Captain

Ya clearly looks like some sort of super-shielding ability that is temporary. Shield glows bright as a clear visual indicator that it is on and he absorbed many shots. Might be invulnerability, or just really strong damage reduction. Seemed to last about 5-6 seconds.
Is what you're referring to the same effect in the GDC videos when any class was shot? I remember Light Assaults and Medics and such also glowing brightly when being shot.
Old 2012-03-20, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

I hope they get rid of that shield glowing effect when getting shot soon ... it's irritating at best and is totally pointless.
Old 2012-03-20, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Graywolves
General

It looked like the player could barely hit the Rexo more than a few times so I haven't given it thought.
Old 2012-03-20, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
NCLynx
Major

The reaver on fire is awesome, can't wait to see near death flaming vehicles in game.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion