Eve Trial Problems - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: guess what it stands for
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion

Old 2006-07-01, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
I Hate Pants
General

Eve Trial Problems

So I finally started to play eve, kinda. The game keeps losing connection. It's been like this for half of the trial period and im still stuck on the tutroial because of the constant connection problems.

If im always losing connection on the trial. Can I expect the same thing if I buy the full version game? I updated my video card driver and I thought it worked, because I was able to play for a full day. But afterwards it started to crash again.

I figured I ask here first because I know theres alot of EVE vets here.
Old 2006-07-01, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

It's loosing connections from the server, giving you a little error box thing?

There is no seperate trial client or anything so if you've got connection issues now you'll probably have the same if you subscribe.

You might want to try a tracert to the server, to see if your running into ISP issues.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2006-07-05, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Yeah thats kinda wierd. Definately check your ISP, the EVE servers are in London and if your IP connects you over a particular internet backbone you may have connection issues. It sucks but there isn't much CCP can do about it but try to force your client to connect via a good route. I remember there was a rash of this problem a while ago, which CCP fixed for the most part, but some ISPs still chose a shitty route to connect you to their servers.

Best bet if it persists is to see what other people with your ISP have done to get around it, try doing a search of the EVE forums about it.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2007-01-06, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Commche
Private

Re: Eve Trial Problems

Well I have a problem. I wish I could play the thing and run into a real problem, but unfortunately, despite having applied for an access key for the trial (which I laboriously downloaded and patched) 3 times, I haven't recieved anything in any of the 3 different email addresses I used.

I'm a pretty patient person. I've waited 3 days and done some reading up on the game and seen some screenies. Now I'm starting to get frustrated because I am really keen to try it out.

There's no tech support section on the main EVE site, so I ran a search for "EVE Trial Problems" and found this post. I really didn't know what else to do...

Any chance someone can help me?

Checking my email every 5 mins "just in case" reminds me of the first time my heart got broken...I kept checking my email just in case she had made a mistake, just in case my hope that it was all a bad dream might be true - but alas, she never replied.

How long must I wait before I get dumped by a game I haven't even played yet? This is actually depressing me

Last edited by Commche; 2007-01-06 at 05:15 AM.
Old 2007-01-06, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Commche
Private

nvm, I finally got it
Old 2007-01-06, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hamma
PSU Admin

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2007-01-07, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If your connection goes through anything close to Taiwan...read up on the problems in that area.

Old 2007-05-18, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
patmannl
Private

disable ur windows firewall or allow it to make access from the client this helped for me alot
Old 2007-06-03, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rancores
Private

Eve is a neat game.
Old 2007-06-04, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

good to know you like it, join the channel 'psu' and hang with me sometime.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion