Eve Online Update Thread - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion

Old 2006-05-07, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Eve Online Update Thread

For those who have no heard of and/or for some reason still haven't tried Eve, you can get a 2 week free trial here: http://myeve.eve-online.com/buddy/

I know of several psuers who play, and an ingame channel named PSU you can join to communicate with some of them.

I offer my help in getting you started in Eve, whether with advice or just basic knowledge about different aspects of the game. You can find me on a character named Eximius Josari, or in the ingame channel: E.A.R.T.H.

I am currently working on the foundations of a corp and alliance. PSUers are of course welcome to inquire about joining, but mine is just one corp with a PSUer in it. Eye of God has several, mainly Peacemaker, Electrofreak, and a couple others. They know a decent bit about the game, so they aren't bad to talk to regardless of their cosmically humorous vendetta against me .

If you do or don't sub, at least try it. Has a steep learning curve and takes a lot of patience, but it rewards you nicely.

Last edited by Baneblade; 2006-05-07 at 02:32 PM.
Old 2006-05-07, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

I will ask this: What do you do? I want to try it, but dont feel like mining for more metal, like I did the last time.
Old 2006-05-07, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
internetn
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Mag-Mower
I will ask this: What do you do? I want to try it, but dont feel like mining for more metal, like I did the last time.
Good question.. I've been "playing" for a year and I have fuckin idea what to do.. So I joined the EOG Navy.. or trying to join

http://www.lastknights.com/index.php?action=register&ref_id=5639

Old 2006-05-07, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I hate mining, I haven't mined since the middle of 2004. I am and always will be primarily PvP, maybe with a side of PvE for cash...but sometimes not even then. I make plenty of ISK, and don't lose all that many ships lol.

Granted I am not trying to hate on miners, it's just not for me. Too tedious.

I personally am working to build a corp/alliance that will become in time a major power in the Eve galaxy. It will take time and a lot of work, but it's already underway. This corp/alliance has room for freelancers (PvE,traders,independent manufacturers, etc), PvPers, and even diplomatic types. It's a rather unique approach to the idea of alliances in Eve, so should be an interesting experiment regardless of the outcome.

Old 2006-05-07, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

But what do you do? PVP, PvE, and Mining, is that it? If it is, What is envolved in PvE?
Old 2006-05-07, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

In PvE, it's mostly killing NPC ships whether through agent missions, complexes (think dungeons) or asteriod belt hunting.

Old 2006-05-07, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

We don't have a vendetta against you at all.

You just think up really really big ideas, and, to put it lightly, they don't ever seem to reach fruition. You also constantly cycle though characters for no apperant reason, and that's comical, if anything. It'd be great to see you succeed. I wish you luck in whatever your doing.

Anyway, if your looking for a corp to join that you can get trained up in Solar Storm is currentently recruiting all kinds.

You'll spend time in our sister corp Solar Industries untill your ready for the big time, this corp is currently doing an amazing job(acctualy it's larger than SOLST proper atm)

We're a member of the AXE alliance(this alliance also contains Eye Of God, the corp Peace and the others belong to), who, along with ASCN, is one of the big movers and shakers of Southern EVE if not the whole galaxy.

It's got a great bunch of people in it, now more than ever with some management changes we're in the process of doing.
Yes you might have to mine on occasion, but here in alliance life it's somethign that has to be done inorder to keep up on the arms race that is Capital ships.
Great NPCing opportunities lie in our regions, and we almost always have a PVP opportunity of some kind active
We also offer very cheap battleships with a participation based extra discount system. If you bring in 6 can's or rat loot, you get a free tier one, something like 8 or 9 you get a tier 2.
Now the corp is even going to start a program of PVP subsidies based on the PVPer's rat loot donations, for X can's of rat loot the corp gets, the PVP leadership gets X isk to spend on whatever we need, including tech 2 ships and mods that used to be only availible by purchase from your own pocket.

While the corp is primarily that of industry(we fill the market of impass with hundreds of mods, ships and other equip) it's not an obligation, my only industry skill is mining 4, I mainly shoot stuff.

Stop in SOLST_Pub if you want to find out more about that.

If you want to chat with any of the PSU crew, hit us up for cash to buy skills, or talk tactics, fittings and noobie questions, join the channel PSU. Wherever you might want to go in EVE we can probably give you advise and other recomendations.

Also last but probably the most important, DO NOT MAKE A CHARACTER WITH HIGH CHARISMA attibutes.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2006-05-07 at 03:18 PM.
Old 2006-05-07, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Rbstr
We don't have a vendetta against you at all.

You just think up really really big ideas, and, to put it lightly, they don't ever seem to reach fruition. You also constantly cycle though characters for no apperant reason, and that's comical, if anything. It'd be great to see you succeed. I wish you luck in whatever your doing.
All I know is, if any of you wanted to know why I do what I do, you should ask ME and not some biased second party who doesn't know much either. Half the stuff ya'll say about me is made up lol...cause I've never heard of it before

Old 2006-05-07, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

It's not made up at all, it's based on things you've said interacting with us.

Always got some great plan going on, but we have yet to seen on you've stuck with.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2006-05-07, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I admit my success rate is not impressive, but most of the problem's that influence that have been remedied.

Old 2006-05-07, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
FortunateSon
Private

Heres my run down of my first week of eve

*spent all week making me Merlin in to a mean mofo, then i leave the dock and get blown away from some bugger in a Battleship who then proceeds to destroy anyone in the area including the police who come to stop him. My insurance covers my losses but im not spending another few days going round to collect the stuff*
Old 2006-05-07, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Join a corp.

That guy lost his battleship, if it makes you feel any better.

Old 2006-05-07, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by FortunateSon

*spent all week making me Merlin in to a mean mofo, then i leave the dock and get blown away from some bugger in a Battleship who then proceeds to destroy anyone in the area including the police who come to stop him. My insurance covers my losses but im not spending another few days going round to collect the stuff*
thats basically the entire game. You get blown up in a decked out ship, and its too frustrating to rebuild so you quit. This is a game of patience, which most online gamers DO NOT have

Old 2006-05-07, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by FortunateSon

thats basically the entire game. You get blown up in a decked out ship, and its too frustrating to rebuild so you quit. This is a game of patience, which most online gamers DO NOT have

Old 2006-05-08, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

You have no idea how hard it is for me to not start ripping on this game whenever anyone posts about it.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion > EVE Online Discussion