Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Beware, free fire zone ahead.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-08-17, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rolfski
Major

Re: Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
That really only relates to snipers and that's it.

AMSes still suffer, because AMS drivers are a rarity in a proper fight, and moving an AMS during that kind of fight is a blatant suicide. Moreover every second of an undeployed AMS is another second of people spawning further away.
Also while say a group of 6 defends against a group of 10, 1 suicide checker is enough to reveal their positions and weakpoints, viewed from the perspective of the very defenders, that ruins things.

Killcams only increase the pace of a game, forcing everyone to always be on the run. Now think carefully if that HELPS newbies or actually makes it harder for them...
Hardly an argument, if you kill people from your AMS location atm, it's already a dead give-away (red dots on mini-map and all).

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Here's how people learn in this game (and I can atest to this as I've been through training courses in my outfit). COMMUNICATE!
Bullocks, the fact of life probably is that most players don't run in an outfit, don't communicate or use a headset and just get farmed and need to go an insanely, ever-growing, learning curve to get an idea what kills them.
Old 2013-08-17, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Hardly an argument, if you kill people from your AMS location atm, it's already a dead give-away (red dots on mini-map and all.
Here I just cannot agree. It's not just AMS position it gives away (for the most part Sundies are usually marked on the minimap, especially now that they nerfed stealth), but it also allows to obtain some recon, otherwise unavailable by simple means (How AMS is positioned, how dense the spawning is, is it armed with minegiard or not, etc)

But this is where I would like to finish my part of discussion.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-08-17 at 09:42 PM.
Old 2013-08-17, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post

Bullocks, the fact of life probably is that most players don't run in an outfit, don't communicate or use a headset and just get farmed and need to go an insanely, ever-growing, learning curve to get an idea what kills them.
Don't have to be in an outfit. I've worked with EXE once or twice and have successfully typed that a gal would be an idea and performed it myself with great success (gal drop). I have no headset. I've led my outfit without one at times. I typed hold A and they stayed inside and watched the doors (as instructed by me) even though I wasn't the leader. I then said box them in the spawn room, which they did. I always type locations of any enemy that needs to be known before going off the map (just shout sun east or armor south or whatever). We took over the base. People listen to others and act accordingly or they don't listen and act and lose.

No outfit. No squad leader. Just communication, common sense, a willingness to listen and working together. If you can't work as a team player then learn on your own. Rule of life mate.

I'll also add that me and another TRG member who will remain nameless were half trolling (well, I was half trolling. He was full trolling) but when it comes down to business, everyone listens to each other. Even in outfits we jab at each other but we live to our motto. TRG: Getting shit done. In or out of outfits.

Outfit isn't needed but leadership and working together certainty is. If you don't grasp that in a game with so many team players then I throw up my arms and give up.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2013-08-17 at 09:56 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion