from a pilot: your all going to die.... allot. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We are the PSU. Resistance is Futile.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-23, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SoNaR
Corporal

Misc Info
Re: from a pilot: your all going to die.... allot.

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Uh, 3 weeks ago maybe.

The only thing is, even if they tinkered with the disable percentage, don't Javelins still disable in one hit even if they don't take you to 34%? Also, you still have to repair ALL the way to 100% to stop it, right?
Javelins are a whole other game, but in most cases its always been 34% to get a disable... ever since the first major patch.

In BF3 once you hit 34% the bleed starts and you have to repair to 100% in order for the bleed to stop, but in BF2/2142 you would get disabled at 10% and the bleed would then begin, but if you repaired to 11% the bleed would stop and you would cease being disabled.

Last edited by SoNaR; 2012-05-23 at 11:15 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by SoNaR View Post
Javelins are a whole other game, but in most cases its always been 34% to get a disable... ever since the first major patch.

In BF3 once you hit 34% the bleed starts and you have to repair to 100% in order for the bleed to stop, but in BF2/2142 you would get disabled at 10% and the bleed would then begin, but if you repaired to 11% the bleed would stop and you would cease being disabled.
Right. The key difference in BF2 was, the burning started only at 10% and ended at 11%, but there was no actual disabling, your movement was not affected. The only problem really was that tanks could flee at full speed at 5% health, make it around a building and repair in 10 seconds and come back at full strength.

If they really wanted to prevent that, they should have kept the 10% disable and it ends at 11%, but simply add the movement reduction to it. What BF3 does is just plain overkill and makes vehicle play suck.

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
most F2P games dont allow the sharing of resources because of RMT, once you earn it it would expect it to be yours, outfits could perhaps earn or tax resources to redistribute or use them, maybe... this is pure speculation.

from what i understand with infantry you have to pay to change your equipment loadout or something and purchase new unlocks,(this is the same with vehciles, but it seems you have to pay to get the vehicle) but to go back to that saved loadout it costs you nothing, i would expect maxes to cost resources.

come to think of it, i do vaguely remember something about a base model vehicle with no upgrade been free, but one with better weapons on it would cost resources to pull.
Hm...I was under the impression that we cannot directly buy resources in the cash shop? If we can't, then that, at least, would not be an obstacle to sharing.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-05-23 at 11:20 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Right. The key difference in BF2 was, the burning started only at 10% and ended at 11%, but there was no actual disabling, your movement was not affected. The only problem really was that tanks could flee at full speed at 5% health, make it around a building and repair in 10 seconds and come back at full strength.

If they really wanted to prevent that, they should have kept the 10% disable and it ends at 11%, but simply add the movement reduction to it. What BF3 does is just plain overkill and makes vehicle play suck.

Hm...I was under the impression that we cannot directly buy resources in the cash shop? If we can't, then that, at least, would not be an obstacle to sharing.
err you cant buy resources, they have to be earned, you can however still buy things with station cash, like modules or attachments as an alternative to using resources, but the vehicle spawning and consumables is still done via resources.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-05-23, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Zulthus
Colonel

err you cant buy resources, they have to be earned, you can however still buy things with station cash, like modules or attachments as an alternative to using resources, but the vehicle spawning and consumables is still done via resources.
I also believe there are resources you can spend in the cash shop.
Old 2012-05-23, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
I also believe there are resources you can spend in the cash shop.
yea i think its that green resource that looks like the black ops/PS symbol. however the hell thats ernt, though they said some items like skins will only be available for purchase with SC, which is fair enough.

I was surprised when this resource wasn't on that screen we saw, i think its actually called auraxium anyway, which could not really be a resource but more like credits or money, perhaps earned by kills/XP, while resources are earned by land holding.

SKYeXile TRF - GM

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-05-23 at 11:33 PM.
Old 2012-05-23, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
question:

on timeline 4:22 - 4:24 there was a added, radio like voice in the background while TB was talking.

was that ingame? a macro/emote per se?
Yeah, sounded like some kind of radiotransmission "We got them on their heels.".
Old 2012-05-24, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

I was surprised when this resource wasn't on that screen we saw
We were looking at the vehicle terminal interface, why would it show currencies it (probably) does not require?

Most of the icons in the interface looked like placeholders, the guns themselves, once clicked, showed a 3D model and also modified the liberator hologram to show how they would look if used/selected. A well thought out interface.

I hope that cash-shop vid he took is allowed to be shown, i'm interested in the pricing and variety of sidegrades and customisations.
TB is not the most methodical person so it may just be a rapid click, click through the pages (those 2 secondary guns guns he didn't click on in the Lib interface are already irritating my curiosity).

Last edited by IMMentat; 2012-05-24 at 12:10 AM.
Old 2012-05-24, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by IMMentat View Post
We were looking at the vehicle terminal interface, why would it need to show currencies it does not require?
true, but in numerous interviews aurxium is said to be a resource required for spawning of tech equipment. you would think for the sake of convenience it would be shown on this screen.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-05-24, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
IMMentat
Contributor
First Sergeant

Maybe they not figured out the best method to generate/seed this super resource yet.
Could also be an alpha thing. We'll see eventually.
Old 2012-05-24, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Mechzz
Major

true, but in numerous interviews aurxium is said to be a resource required for spawning of tech equipment. you would think for the sake of convenience it would be shown on this screen.
That's not my understanding. The Lib loadout screen showed Polymers, Catalysts and Alloys as required resources for spawning equipment. The 4th resource, Auraxium is the in-game "cash" and can be used in the cash shop to buy skins and sidegrades is what I've taken from Higby's interviews. So it made sense to me that it wasn't on the loadout screen.
Old 2012-05-24, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
That's not my understanding. The Lib loadout screen showed Polymers, Catalysts and Alloys as required resources for spawning equipment. The 4th resource, Auraxium is the in-game "cash" and can be used in the cash shop to buy skins and sidegrades is what I've taken from Higby's interviews. So it made sense to me that it wasn't on the loadout screen.
Well yea, that was the other possibility i suggested earlier.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-05-24, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Repairing on the field was never really an issue in PS1, and I don't see it being one in PS2. I also don't see this upgrade being a combat advantage, if you have time to wait for the self repair to kick in you have time to land.
It will probably only be used by people who do not fly in engineer gear

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2012-05-24 at 03:48 AM.
Old 2012-05-24, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post
Repairing on the field was never really an issue in PS1, and I don't see it being one in PS2. I also don't see this upgrade being a combat advantage, if you have time to wait for the self repair to kick in you have time to land.
It will probably only be used by people who do not fly in engineer gear
^This.

It took no time at all to find an air tower or base to repair. Hell, or even a safe quiet place to land and repair it yourself with the gluegun you always keep in your trunk.

Basically, it is easy to balance air with Anti-air units on the ground. A "Lock-On" alert will make pilots run away without a shot ever being fired at them.

Old 2012-05-24, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I am so incredibly amped to fly in ps2. I really hope they have joystick support because thats what I want to use.
Old 2012-05-24, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
excelle
Private

From someone who likes to make people rage, if its possible you will be getting rammed by my own aircraft "allot"
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion