News: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key - Page 28 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Vanu are Watching.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-16, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #406
Akemo
Corporal

Re: PC Gamer April Issue with Beta Key

Originally Posted by Fortress View Post
I think we can all agree that the winners of the Outfit Wars should get beta keys first.

Just sayin'
How many people would that be? I'm really curious, because probably everybody that checks these forums will end up with (at least one) beta key. If only outfit wars winners got keys for the first round of beta testing... would that be a very good test for a game that boasts thousands of players fighting on a single continent?

Who knows, maybe I just don't really want that because then I wouldn't get the key . Hmm, I guess we can't all agree!
Old 2012-02-16, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #407
jakaul
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Akemo View Post
How many people would that be? I'm really curious, because probably everybody that checks these forums will end up with (at least one) beta key. If only outfit wars winners got keys for the first round of beta testing... would that be a very good test for a game that boasts thousands of players fighting on a single continent?

Who knows, maybe I just don't really want that because then I wouldn't get the key . Hmm, I guess we can't all agree!
That would be 90 (30x3). Well, it would actually be 29x3 since we had to have one CSR in our platoon, but you get the point.

And early beta probably won't be a stress test of thousands.
Old 2012-02-16, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #408
Hydra
Sergeant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
you should actually resub for the hell of it. LEts get some more old faces in, just for kicks.

GOnna start getting ppl to resub tommorow, i want to see a full poplock between the 24th and 26th!
Re-subbing to see old faces and have one last glorious battle = Yes; Although that's something SOE should be preparing for us vets - which I know isn't gonna happen.

Re-subbing to access to Beta = No
Old 2012-02-16, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #409
IronMole
Sergeant Major

I think we can all agree that the winners of the Outfit Wars should get beta keys first.

Just sayin'
Old 2012-02-16, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #410
SKYeXile
Major General

Just sayin'
Amen to that.

Outfits that won with 10m outfit points first though.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-02-16, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #411
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
That's Bullshit.
Shouldn't have to re-sub to get access to beta.

Seriously hope that was a shot at satire.
Wait a tick.

So you think it is totally cool that anyone that ever played gets access to beta automatically.
But it's bullshit for somebody that is STILL playing and STILL paying the subscription to be at the front of the line?

Fuck off. Really?

Old 2012-02-16, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #412
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Wait a tick.

So you think it is totally cool that anyone that ever played gets access to beta automatically.
But it's bullshit for somebody that is STILL playing and STILL paying the subscription to be at the front of the line?

Fuck off. Really?
Gotta agree 100% here.

I'm not currently Subbed, just finished a move and don't have the kind of time to play, but I think anyone currently playing PS1 Should get a front row seat to the sequel.

Looking forward to beta as well (I'll be getting a PCgamer so I get a key regardless lol). Can't wait to pick the game apart and send angry messages to the devs about how things were so much better back in my day.
Old 2012-02-16, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #413
WeNeedAMedic
Private

I'm an original PS player, but I forgot my old username and password so I had to make a new one, but does anyone know the exact date that the PC gamer issue with the beta key will be out?
Old 2012-02-16, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #414
NivexQ
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by WeNeedAMedic View Post
I'm an original PS player, but I forgot my old username and password so I had to make a new one, but does anyone know the exact date that the PC gamer issue with the beta key will be out?
It says in article. Subscriber copies are in the mail, and it will be on news stands on February 28.

NivexTR - TR - 30/5 - -=The Black Sheep=-
SYNxNivexQ - NC - 26/4 - [:::::SYN:::::]
NivexVS - VS - 19/2? - SYNDICATEVS?

http://www.twitch.tv/nivexq
I don't broadcast much, but you never know
Old 2012-02-16, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #415
QuiCKaNdDeaDLy
Corporal

Just sayin'
I totally Agree! I have up to date not get my promissed Outfit Wars Winner Merrit!
Give Beta and I will forgive you SOE!
Old 2012-02-16, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #416
Hydra
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post

Here you go timmy, no need to get upset.

Did I ever say that? did I ever say its cool that anyone that ever played should get access to beta automatically? Wipe your tears and read that again. As I recall I said its bullshit that I or anyone should pay $15 now for dead game with a horrible netcode just to get access to beta.

I did not mention anything about current Subscribers to PS or their priority to beta; Thats their choice if they want to keep paying for Planetside, but as previously mentioned SOE doesn't owe you guys nothing. I am simply, mainly mentioning my distaste for any yahoo attempting to get into PS1 just to get into beta,I don't like it. But Highby already confirmed whats going to happen and how its going to be, so there really is not point in discussing this matter: People who are or have played planetside in the past will get access into beta. But thanks for reminding me how immature these forums are, now I'm expecting some sort of pseudo-intellectual comment from you as usual, when someone doesn't agree with you.

Last edited by Hydra; 2012-02-16 at 07:33 PM.
Old 2012-02-16, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #417
Khellendros
Staff Sergeant

Are some people really complaining that beta is not going to be exclusive enough?

WTF.
Old 2012-02-16, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #418
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Khellendros View Post
Are some people really complaining that beta is not going to be exclusive enough?

WTF.
Planetside vets are too cool to play with other people.
Old 2012-02-16, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #419
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
Planetside vets are too cool to play with other people.
Quote of the day, right here.
Old 2012-02-16, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #420
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Hydra View Post

Here you go timmy, no need to get upset.

Did I ever say that? did I ever say its cool that anyone that ever played should get access to beta automatically? Wipe your tears and read that again. As I recall I said its bullshit that I or anyone should pay $15 now for dead game with a horrible netcode just to get access to beta.

I did not mention anything about current Subscribers to PS or their priority to beta; Thats their choice if they want to keep paying for Planetside, but as previously mentioned SOE doesn't owe you guys nothing. I am simply, mainly mentioning my distaste for any yahoo attempting to get into PS1 just to get into beta,I don't like it. But Highby already confirmed whats going to happen and how its going to be, so there really is not point in discussing this matter: People who are or have played planetside in the past will get access into beta. But thanks for reminding me how immature these forums are, now I'm expecting some sort of pseudo-intellectual comment from you as usual, when someone doesn't agree with you.
Chopping somebody's post and replacing what they said with a crying face and then posting a picture saying "butt aid," then proceeding to complain about lack of maturity on the forums gives you the medal for most ironic post of the day.

You should have just have gone with "You mad bro?" and people would have thought you to be less of a retard.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion