The only thing that will destroy planetside 2. - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You heard wrong.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-11, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The only thing that will destroy planetside 2.

Its possible that there will be very little useful hacking.

Someone can always make a bot and someone can always modify the interface appearance to make specific elements more noticable but its possible to use server side design that make it essentially impossible to give players a performance advantage.
Old 2012-06-11, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Its possible that there will be very little useful hacking.

Someone can always make a bot and someone can always modify the interface appearance to make specific elements more noticable but its possible to use server side design that make it essentially impossible to give players a performance advantage.
Not in FPS games. In FPS games the user will always be responsible for his own aim. You can't turn aim into a server-side thing. It's ALWAYS client side because its done by the user's own input. That means it will ALWAYS be possible to make a program that does the aiming for the user AKA Aimbots.
Old 2012-06-11, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

I used to regularly get kicked off human moderated servers (quake TF, CS other late 90's games) because I was just too awesome.

Let the machines do the work. If they are properly set up, they make less mistakes.

Reporting people is only step 1 in a long chain that leads to banning.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by I SandRock View Post
Not in FPS games. In FPS games the user will always be responsible for his own aim. You can't turn aim into a server-side thing. It's ALWAYS client side because its done by the user's own input. That means it will ALWAYS be possible to make a program that does the aiming for the user AKA Aimbots.
If you make movement and recoil bloom serverside and slightly severe you end up with a situation where Aimbots have no advanatge over skilled players.
Old 2014-04-23, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Blynd
First Sergeant

Lmao this thread sounds more like a "hey guys how do soe spot hackers cause I want to cheat " rather then the I'm going to quit when the hackers arrive.

Pella you didn't quit you got banned and then lied to your outfit and made them look bad which considering you where a good player taking that leap to cheating to get an edge just puts you with the aimbot nomarks. Your reputation shattered and INI's tarnished by an officer
Old 2014-04-23, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Blynd View Post
Lmao this thread sounds more like a "hey guys how do soe spot hackers cause I want to cheat " rather then the I'm going to quit when the hackers arrive.

Pella you didn't quit you got banned and then lied to your outfit and made them look bad which considering you where a good player taking that leap to cheating to get an edge just puts you with the aimbot nomarks. Your reputation shattered and INI's tarnished by an officer
I just found out about his ban on the Miller reddit. I've got to agree that this makes this topic kinda ironic. Sad for INI though, I play a lot with these guys.
Old 2014-04-23, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Blynd
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
I just found out about his ban on the Miller reddit. I've got to agree that this makes this topic kinda ironic. Sad for INI though, I play a lot with these guys.
Yeah its a shame that one guys actions make a lot of people think its something to do with an outfit when it isn't. shame really but glad he was found out and not in a competition as i think the damage to INI's reputation had it happened in a comp would have been irreparable
Old 2014-04-23, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
ringring
Contributor
General

Yeah its a shame that one guys actions make a lot of people think its something to do with an outfit when it isn't. shame really but glad he was found out and not in a competition as i think the damage to INI's reputation had it happened in a comp would have been irreparable
From what I gleaned from that thread there is no cause to think Ini's rep is damaged. Furiousus dealt with this issue and I bet that given he was friends with Pella it was very difficult for him in a personal sense. Ini has my sympathy if anything.
Old 2014-04-23, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
From what I gleaned from that thread there is no cause to think Ini's rep is damaged.
Well some people in that same thread are not exactly happy about INI's damage control and think they should have brought up the issue by themselves instead of letting rumours do their thing.
Old 2014-04-23, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
PredatorFour
Major

I don't understand why a decent player, who is also a ps1 vet, would want to hack to get "better".. I just don't get it.
Old 2014-04-23, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
I don't understand why a decent player, who is also a ps1 vet, would want to hack to get "better".. I just don't get it.
Whats even more sad is that a long time ago he uncovered some "famous" Werner Players as hackers. I think it was the big Ironmole thread back then.

Good thing about all this is that SOE detection is at least getting something xD
Old 2014-04-23, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Chefkoch View Post
Whats even more sad is that a long time ago he uncovered some "famous" Werner Players as hackers. I think it was the big Ironmole thread back then.

Good thing about all this is that SOE detection is at least getting something xD
I recall that but I forgot it was akapella who revealed it.
Old 2014-04-23, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Blynd
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
I'm guessing here but because of the competition side of ps2 the community clash and mlg means that some people will do anything to get an edge. Much like Ben Johnson or Lance Armstrong, both great athletes but they had to win at any cost and so when they hit their skill ceiling the only alternative is to cheat and that's what I suspect has happened here.
Old 2014-04-23, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Cruciall
Private

I'm guessing here but because of the competition side of ps2 the community clash and mlg means that some people will do anything to get an edge. Much like Ben Johnson or Lance Armstrong, both great athletes but they had to win at any cost and so when they hit their skill ceiling the only alternative is to cheat and that's what I suspect has happened here.

LOL well that will never happen. When it comes to Esports, MLG, ESL they require you to download monitoring software before you can compete ,if you are participating from home.You dont install, you dont play. On top of that they have ping limitations.If your from Zimbabwe with a 280 ping,you dont play. When the match is finished, they review it before anyone is determined the victor.

If you do compete with a hacker on your team/outfit/guild and they did some how get by the hack prevention ,and then gets caught, everyone on that team/outfit/guild is then black balled and never allowed to compete again.If your wondering how? They require all your information,Name,Date of Birth,SS number" they have to let uncle Sam know who they are paying.So if you ever plan to participate in a real sanctioned match, you better know who your playing with

Besides that we wont see planetside 2 on MLG.They had their chance and blew it.Why in gods name would MLG have 24 v 24 planetside 2 matches?There are a dozen other games that are more popular ,and better and suited for 24s.The only chance they had with MLG was 48 VS 48,but thats out the window.Community clash means nothing, and it results in nothing. Im sure there have been many hackers in CC and there will be more...CC is more of a league with a honor system lol.

Wen it comes to the hacks, Public hacks are easy to spot and detect ,VIP hacks are a different story. Players make these hacks and rarely share them. They are very hard to spot,GPS hacks,speed hacks, but only set to a low %, damage/bullet hacks, set to low %,Aimbot hacks set to 75 % or 80% ,warning hacks, someone is aiming you , someone has spotted you. so on so fourth ... anything to give the player a edge but not put them on the radar as a hacker.

Oh yea and Artificial Aiming one of the largest hack distributors online dose not make hacks for this game anymore.
Simple put Physics is a betch,,,,, This makes it very hard and costly to develop aimbot hacks,and they said it wasnt worth their time or money to continue making them.IE there are not enough people playing this game.

Last edited by Cruciall; 2014-04-23 at 05:00 PM.
Old 2014-04-24, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Blynd
First Sergeant

In that case he was just being a dumb ass then
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion