News: Members E-Mail reveals the Valkyrie and Other Updates - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where your PS dreams get shot down by others...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-03-22, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mordelicius
Major

Re: Members E-Mail reveals the Valkyrie and Other Updates

The Valkyrie sounds like Harassers Part 2: Air edition

They've already seen how devastating an overpowererd ground vehicle is. Funny thing is we've been telling them to nerf the harassers after testing it on the PTS (check our old posts on pre-release harassers and even the ZOE).

So, the speed and maneuverability of ESFs and the firepower and passenger capacity of a Liberators?

This vehicles has to have specific weaknesses/downsides. The rumble seat alone will cannibalize ESFs given that small arms can hurt it lol.

- And what about snipers? They are OP as it is atm, now they can hoversnipe too?
- Maxes? NC maxes are short ranged while VS are ridiculously long ranged. Allow maxes and provide range parity?
- Dual passenger Heavy Assault lock-on Rocket Launchers hover stacking on vehicles? I don't know about lock-ons but I always carry 8 rockets on my dumbfire. I'm sure players will take that extra-rockets suit loadout and use it with conjunction with the Valkyrie. Calling it now.

They have to formulate its weaknesses now before they even start thinking of releasing it.

Suggestions:
- It cannot be maneuverable. but only slighly faster than a Liberator.
- the armor has to be the weakest for any aircraft (otherwise it's just an ESF upgrade with passengers - yeah right).
- Engineer mid-air will be OP so that needs to be nerfed hard (assuming they allow that).
- It shouldn't be allowed powerful AV weapons. Or else it will be used as a dump/stack DPS-on-tanks/sundy aircraft that can easily escape. Right? Dive with 2 rumble seats + gunner focus fire on tank then escape. Just what harassers used to do.
- Consider a low flight ceiling weakness, so it has to be always on the move laterally and not just hoover up and down. Also to allow other aircrafts to have a height advantage over it.
Old 2014-03-23, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Members E-Mail reveals the Valkyrie and Other Updates

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
The Valkyrie sounds like Harassers Part 2: Air edition
Harasser itself was never a problem... I would like to see you driving/gunning a Kobalt Harasser and than telling how OP it is. Problem was and still is - its weapons. But since SOE likes to walk into the same waters all the time, I guess, they'll release a weapon that's too OP, and since removing it is not going to be an option (SC excuse), they'll nerf the body of a vehicle, since completely redesigning a weapon is equal to removing it.

So, the speed and manoeuvrability of ESFs and the firepower and passenger capacity of a Liberators?
That's a nice assumption in there, but something tells me "nose gun" and "Zephyr Cannon" are of different planes. But, keeping the aforementioned reply in mind, I would be careful with wishful thinking.

- And what about snipers? They are OP as it is atm, now they can hoversnipe too?
So 1 guy has to hold the altitude pretty much doing nothing, so two can snipe... A fair exchange, don't you think?

- Maxes? NC maxes are short ranged while VS are ridiculously long ranged. Allow maxes and provide range parity?
More wishful thinking here, but I think they don't intend to allow maxes onto the Valkyrie. You have to be blind to the fact that 2 double-burster in the air is waaaay too OP. On the other hand it will be the first ever hard counter to air, so...

- Dual passenger Heavy Assault lock-on Rocket Launchers hover stacking on vehicles? I don't know about lock-ons but I always carry 8 rockets on my dumbfire. I'm sure players will take that extra-rockets suit loadout and use it with conjunction with the Valkyrie. Calling it now.
Well, this fear is ridiculous. Apart from AA missiles being completely ineffective in groups less than 4 (cough, cough, 2-man rumble seat), there're two obvious things:
A) Solely by looking at its design, you can tell that rumble seats oppose each other, so no stacking.
B) Rumble seats are open to all winds. One rocketpod pass will make short work of these rocket launchers.

They have to formulate its weaknesses now before they even start thinking of releasing it.

Suggestions:
- It cannot be maneuverable. but only slighly faster than a Liberator.
No please. I want a manoeuvrable gunship, rather than a castrated bomber that Liberator currently is, was, and apparently will be.

- the armor has to be the weakest for any aircraft (otherwise it's just an ESF upgrade with passengers - yeah right).
I'd much rather have Liberators with least armor of all air vehicles. And moreover - IT IS a teamplay ESF version. Something this game severely lacks. An air vehicle that doesn't instantly become a target for everything that moves in the air and on the ground, the one which doesn't survive due to its inderstructible armor, but rather due to it's increased mobility.

- Engineer mid-air will be OP so that needs to be nerfed hard (assuming they allow that).
It's already nerfed to shit on the Harasser. Have you even tried it? More sense to have auto-repair installed, rather than an engineer in the back.

- It shouldn't be allowed powerful AV weapons. Or else it will be used as a dump/stack DPS-on-tanks/sundy aircraft that can easily escape. Right? Dive with 2 rumble seats + gunner focus fire on tank then escape. Just what harassers used to do.
What it needs is weapons that are ineffective past 150-200 meter range.

- Consider a low flight ceiling weakness, so it has to be always on the move laterally and not just hoover up and down. Also to allow other aircrafts to have a height advantage over it.
[/QUOTE]

Eeeehm... In a game where ESFs can just hover while looking 90 degrees down, do you really think it's gonna work as well as it works in battlefield? And I'm not even mentioning the Libs (again)

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2014-03-23 at 04:44 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion