Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The place for tips on overclocking your mousepad.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-04-07, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
I dont think that a couple of guys should be able to set up multiple forward bases. Just like one guy couldnt set up multiple AMS's in the original Planetside. There needs to be an owner for that vehicle even in a deployed state. An AMS driver couldnt go deploy an AMS and then go pull a tank without the AMS deconstructing.

I dont think this removes sandbox play. I think it encourages teamwork and strategy. If you want multiple forward bases then multiple people will need to set them up. These battles are supposed to be huge with 100s if not 1000s of players. I dont think this is limiting. If you dont want to dedicate your resources to deploying a forward base then another squad will.

If we use the OP example, one Galaxy, one Sundy, one Liberator. Then as engineer enhances the defences. Thats four people out of a squad of ten. These four could then crew vehicles for others in their squad. I dont see how this is limiting. How many vehicles do you think one person should be able to pull? How does this remove sandbox play?
Sandbox play means being able to do anything you can think of. This limitation means that the player trying to set up the base cannot do just anything while the base is active. That part is pretty clear.

It's not about how it limits the overall faction, it's how it limits the individual player who was setting up the base. You said it yourself, they can then "crew vehicles for others". That means they can't pull their own vehicles. That is a limitation. You may agree with that limitation, but it's still a limit.

Originally Posted by vampyro View Post
No forward bases that deploy vehicles in the middle of nowhere. Just my opinion.

Maybe have deploy-able vehicles in designated outpost areas, where you can only deploy certain types of vehicles.

If you want a tank, you need to go to a major base like a tech plant or something.

The fight has be to be fair, why in the world would we want to be able to pull vehicles from anywhere on the battle field with a couple of deployed vehicles.
SOE may indeed decide not to allow tanks and such to spawn from a forward base, but even if they do that's no reason to abandon the entire concept. At a minimum you should be able to spawn quad bikes from a forward base.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-04-07 at 11:24 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion