Theory: Bullet drop - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma, the other, other, OTHER white meat.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-08-11, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Re: Theory: Bullet drop

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
Mast vs Mass as a persistent vocabulary screw-up is pretty impressive.
Near-homophone transposition isn't really that uncommon in cases like this. English is a patchwork language full of loan-words and jargon, like center mass, is usually experienced in a spoken context.

It's why at least a third of the FPS forums are full of questions about "turrents". One of the few downsides of phonetics as a teaching tool.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-12, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Hamma
PSU Admin

turrents

A classic.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-12-19, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

This is an old thread that Im resurrecting here. What I want to know is the bullet drop on a NC Bolt Driver at 200 meters when the muzzle velocity is at 550ms.
Old 2012-12-19, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
This is an old thread that Im resurrecting here. What I want to know is the bullet drop on a NC Bolt Driver at 200 meters when the muzzle velocity is at 550ms.
magnets.....

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-12-19, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

200m/550m/s = .363636...s

(.363636....s)^2 *.5*9.8m/s^2 = .64m almost exactly 2 feet.

assuming Earth gravity (duh), a constant bullet velocity AND shooting horizontal. Because it's quite different if you've got non-gravity velocity components in the vertical. (aim correction is much greater if you're shooting up than shooting down)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2012-12-19 at 10:57 AM.
Old 2012-12-19, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

VILE NECROMANCY.

Also, 550m/s? Really? Or is that just an arbitrary number for the sake of discussion? I'll die a little inside if the railguns of the future barely outpace a 125gr. .357
Old 2012-12-19, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Storn
Sergeant

Sniping takes very little skill in PS2. WWII online did it right with round drop. In order to compensate for round drop you had to set the scope to what range you ascertained the target to be at. After you got the scope ranged in you were golden. I think all the scopes should have this ability to adjust for long range shots.

Infantry Lead the Way!
Old 2012-12-19, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Im getting all of my info from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250
Old 2012-12-19, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Storn View Post
Sniping takes very little skill in PS2. WWII online did it right with round drop. In order to compensate for round drop you had to set the scope to what range you ascertained the target to be at. After you got the scope ranged in you were golden. I think all the scopes should have this ability to adjust for long range shots.
Isn't that what we're doing, just without the ability to actually adjust the scope?

Estimate range, use that to estimate drop and then aim that far above the target's head.

I'm not seeing a difference, other than the convenience of being able to dial in a scope for a particular range and then being consistently able to stick the crosshairs on a target at that range and know you'll hit. (I'm thinking of situations like attacking the crown, where you'll often have a lot of targets appearing at a 'set' range - once you'd dialled in, you'd be golden)
Old 2012-12-19, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Finding range to a target is easy as setting up a personal waypoint on your selected killing field. The personal waypoint gives you the distance in meters.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion