Why is NC so Popular? - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: death is a guy with no pants, his name is Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-16, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ironside
Corporal

Re: Why is NC so Popular?

noobhammer...
Real men fire disco balls
Old 2012-06-16, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vydofnir
Private

I'm leaning toward NC because they seem to offer the greatest challenge of the factions. Sure their weapons hit the hardest, but that's only if you are able to hit anything in the first place. I was kinda hoping that this would make them a less popular choice for more casual players, but I can see how they might have a wider appeal in terms of back story and aesthetics. The real irony is that purple and teal are my two favorite colors.
Old 2012-06-16, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Vydofnir View Post
I'm leaning toward NC because they seem to offer the greatest challenge of the factions. Sure their weapons hit the hardest, but that's only if you are able to hit anything in the first place. I was kinda hoping that this would make them a less popular choice for more casual players, but I can see how they might have a wider appeal in terms of back story and aesthetics. The real irony is that purple and teal are my two favorite colors.
Traitor...

But no, the NC is not the hardest faction to play. I can't speak for PS2 now, obviously. But in PS1 they were probably the easiest faction to play. ;P
Gauss Rifle... hard hitting and it was impossible to miss with.
Jackhammer... 'nuff said.
Vanguard... indestructable beast.
Sparrow... bye bye air cav.

Haha okay, whine over.
They do have some pretty awesome stuff though... so do the TR and VS, of course. But no, I wouldn't say they offer the most challange tbh. At least they don't offer any more of a challage than any other faction.

In the end I think they all were pretty balanced, the only thing that made one faction "harder" to play was due to faction population.
Old 2012-06-16, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Vydofnir
Private

In the end I think they all were pretty balanced, the only thing that made one faction "harder" to play was due to faction population.
That's why I'm terrified by the thought of NC being overpopulated. They are by far the most appealing to me in terms of gameplay, but I would much rather be an underdog facing an uphill battle than just another zerg in the swarm.

Traitor...
Maybe so, but if NC does turn out to be significantly overpopulated, I might not feel so bad about sporting a VS color scheme.
Old 2012-06-16, 03:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
archaonn
Corporal

Well, we all have to sacrifice some things when we choose a faction. I love the combination of red and black, but meh, i can get along with the blue/yellow.
Old 2012-06-16, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
asdar
Private

I thought TR was the favorite faction, I plan on joining whichever TR or NC has the lower population. I won't join Vanu because of the looks and the floating UFO's.
Old 2012-06-16, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Americarrrr, Fuck yeah!

I want eagle decals all over my tanks and shit.

FREEDOM OR DEATH! WOO AMERRRRICARRRRR!!!!!

/sarcasm off.
Old 2012-06-16, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Trafalgar
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by StumpyTheOzzie View Post

/sarcasm off.
Pshaw, the NC should broadcast Rage Against the Machine.

"This is a stick-up! Our freedom or your life!"

Fits them like a glove.
Old 2012-06-16, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by StumpyTheOzzie View Post
Americarrrr, Fuck yeah!

I want eagle decals all over my tanks and shit.

/sarcasm off.
Old 2012-06-16, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Trafalgar
First Sergeant

Oh gods, not reavers! Anything but reavers!
Old 2012-06-16, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
archaonn
Corporal

If the NC is overpopulated it would totally suck. I would probably be doing guerrilla warfare with a couple of peeps, defending one of our bases, than staying with the main army and look like a zerling.
Old 2012-06-16, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

VS is the small dedicated left while NC are liberalist rebels and TR are imperialist conservatives. I chose VS
Old 2012-06-16, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
archaonn
Corporal

Lol, small dedicated left? They are more like a bunch of posivists, that tends to the right.

But like someone said, the lore gives a lot freedom.

Theres some people that think the NC are the americans. I think their ranks are full of union workers fighting for a better future, something like anarchism.

Theres a lot of people a think the TR are facists, I think they are more of a "communist" republic.

And, theres a lot of people that think the Vanu are some mad men, while I think they are a bunch of Technocratic dudes that want more the power than the knowledge.

Last edited by archaonn; 2012-06-16 at 11:03 AM.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hobitt
Corporal

Originally Posted by archaonn View Post
Lol, small dedicated left? They are more like a bunch of posivists, that tends to the right.

Theres some people that think the NC are the americans. I think their ranks are full of union workers fighting for a better future, something like anarchism.

Theres a lot of people a think the TR are facists, I think they are more of a "communism" republic.

And, theres a lot of people that think the Vanu are some mad men, while I think they are a bunch of Technocratic dudes that want more the power than the knowledge.
Have to agree on this one
Old 2012-06-16, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Santiak
Private

Originally Posted by archaonn View Post

Theres a lot of people a think the TR are facists, I think they are more of a "communist" republic.

Tieing one specific empire to a real world nation is just .. wrong.
Granted, i might be biased because i'm NC, but not American, and in no way see the NC goals (which i consider aligned with my own morals), as particularly american, or asian or european, etc. :P

In my opinion, it all depends on whether you ask someone who's a member of the empire, or someone who's opposed to it, what their views are - as any proper lore should be set up.

Ask a TR about the TR, and they're the peacekeepers, and have been for centuries.
Ask anyone else, and they're soldiers blindly following a few power-hungry leaders, a corrupted version of the government they take their name from.

Ask a NC about the NC, and they're fighting for the people, those that are denied their rights.
Ask anyone else, and they're terrorists, fighting for egotistical reasons alone.

Ask the VS about the VS, and they're fighting for the betterment of the human race, a utopia.
Ask anyone else, and they're fanatics, putting all of their faith and hopes in prophecy.

And in the end, unless there is a huge difference in population, i don't think it'll have an impact on which empire actually feels more of an underdog, except for the psychological aspect of it.
Granted, the most populated empire will be able to have fronts on more continents, and will be more likely to have groups of skilled players, but with ~666 - 1000 slots for players per empire, the general distribution will be more or less the same. Again, the only difference being - to some extent - psychological.

Edit: Oh, and general population statistics are not always representative of performance. There was a web-based challenge a month or two ago involving the upcoming "The Secret World" MMO.
The team that were the most populated, fared worse than the remaining 2, and really it shifted greatly who had the upper hand. So "underdog" status can't be assumed based on population counts alone, but i reckon the word has become synonymous with population - not performance.

Last edited by Santiak; 2012-06-16 at 02:05 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion