Future role of the Galaxy?(AEW/AWAC) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetcrack>Evercrack
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-10, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
JPalmer
Master Sergeant

Future role of the Galaxy?(AEW/AWAC)

"An airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) (or more commonly and historically an AWAC) system is an airborne radar system designed to detect aircraft at long ranges and control and command the battle space in an air engagement by directing fighter and attack plane strikes. AEW&C/AWAC units are also used to carry out surveillance, including over ground targets and frequently perform C2BM (command and control, battle management) functions similar to an Airport Traffic Controller given military command over other forces. Used at a high altitude, the radars on the aircraft allow the operators to distinguish between friendly and hostile aircraft hundreds of miles away." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airborn...ng_and_control

The range would have to be limited and it would take two or three people to put it at it's full potential. It would be a big target so it would add a whole new dynamic to air-to-air combat. It would show air units for all friendly players in the sky. Maybe limit the showing of ground units to Outfit only. It could be chose by the operators to target air or ground units, this could only be changed when idle on the ground and not mid-flight.

Thoughts? If this has been brought up before sorry, took a quick search of AEW/AWAC and did not get anything.
Old 2012-04-10, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Future role of the Galaxy?(AEW/AWAC)

I'd like to see people be able to choose HUD Helmets that allow them to receive data from a Galaxy AWACS type ship.
Old 2012-04-10, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Future role of the Galaxy?(AEW/AWAC)

This is certainly another type of sidegrade the Galaxy could use.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion