Which cont is whose homecont? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: as seen on TV.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Combination
I - TR | E - NC | A - VS 10 18.52%
I - VS | E - TR | A - NC 1 1.85%
I - NC | E - VS | A - TR 8 14.81%
I - TR | E - VS | A - NC 20 37.04%
I - VS | E - NC | A - TR 5 9.26%
I - NC | E - TR | A - VS 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-27, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Which cont is whose homecont?

With the current setup, it is too premature to determine which empire will consider which to be a home cont.

If not simply all because there's always a foothold. Thing is, the empire that can most easily defend the largest swath of territory from a specific direction under a threeway, will most likely consider that their "home turf".

However, I would prefer it if they replace the current sanctuaries on continent system. For now leave only one uncapturable piece of territory (or when there are more continents, two or three spread across the galaxy), where the other warpgates are neutral, unless both sides are secured by capturing the immediate surrounding territory, at which point the gate becomes "locked" on both sides and turns into these "sanc"-gates we have now.

That would make a battle on one continent directly influence that on another and would add some vital strategic objectives behind enemy lines.
Old 2012-03-27, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Raka Maru
Major

Commanders will influence this with the mission system.
Old 2012-04-10, 06:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

VS FOR CYSSOR!!!!!!!!!
Old 2012-04-10, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Nalan
Contributor
Private

Indar is clearly Ishundar so it's TR. But technically everything is TR, its just the NC and VS decided to rebel and steal everything.

www.total-oblivion.com
Old 2012-04-10, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Bonius
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Nalan View Post
Indar is clearly Ishundar so it's TR. But technically everything is TR, its just the NC and VS decided to rebel and borrow everything.
Fix'd it for you!
Old 2012-04-10, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Nalan
Contributor
Private

Originally Posted by Bonius View Post
Fix'd it for you!

www.total-oblivion.com
Old 2012-04-10, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

A-NC, E-NC, I-NC

All your base belong to us.

In all seriousness though.

A-NC, E-VS, I-TR

Old 2012-04-10, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Tamas
Staff Sergeant

Indar for NC.

NC will fight for taking over the Ice continent.

VS and TR can have the swamp continent.
Old 2012-04-10, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
A-NC, E-NC, I-NC

All your base belong to us.

In all seriousness though.

A-NC, E-VS, I-TR
Really? Supposedly the NC get most of their equipment from repurposed mining equipment, yet they don't get the mining continent?

And same with Esamir, I would expect TR to be more city oriented(seat of government belongs in a city), yet they don't get the ruined cityscape continent?

And finally, VS definitely belong on Amerish. I would assume, what with Amerish being so green, that there are would be tons of wildlife, and what better to test their crazy alien science on then mindless animals.

Can anyone explain to me how the seemingly overwhelming opinion that these empires belong in continents that are IMHO contradictory to their origins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-04-10, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
Really? Supposedly the NC get most of their equipment from repurposed mining equipment, yet they don't get the mining continent?

And same with Esamir, I would expect TR to be more city oriented(seat of government belongs in a city), yet they don't get the ruined cityscape continent?

And finally, VS definitely belong on Amerish. I would assume, what with Amerish being so green, that there are would be tons of wildlife, and what better to test their crazy alien science on then mindless animals.

Can anyone explain to me how the seemingly overwhelming opinion that these empires belong in continents that are IMHO contradictory to their origins?

That's fine if you want to follow the storyline. However, I honestly don't care what continent each faction gets or proclaims as their home continent. Its not going to mean as much this go around with dedicated footholds on each cont. for each faction. Until they bring back sanctuaries or something similar I say meh. It's just another battleground.

Besides, I was always fond of Amerish. I enjoyed the look of it so my view may be bias. As for the Esamir its cold its crappy and it fits the VS perfectly as a location to carry out experiments and research unnoticed. As for the TR they can stay out in the desert where they belong.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-04-10 at 11:03 AM.
Old 2012-04-10, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
That's fine if you want to follow the storyline. However, I honestly don't care what continent each faction gets or proclaims as their home continent. Its not going to mean as much this go around with dedicated footholds on each cont. for each faction. Until they bring back sanctuaries or something similar I say meh. It's just another battleground.

Besides, I was always fond of Amerish. I enjoyed the look of it so my view may be bias. As for the Esamir its cold its crappy and it fits the VS perfectly as a location to carry out experiments and research unnoticed. As for the TR they can stay out in the desert where they belong.
I respect your opinion, but that's just my point, home conts don't mean as much, so there really is no good reason for Empires to have home continents besides the reasons the fans make up. And although I know we'll probably never have official home continents(although that may change once more continents are released), having them match our Empire's story wise adds a sense of legitimacy, even if that is only within our own minds.

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-04-10, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

I think this set up is kinda lame. Cont. Locks were one of the driving goals of securing continents.

IMO it would be better if Warpgates themselves were capturable points, preventing access to empires who didn't own the side of the gate they were attempting to enter through. And sanctuaries were instead space stations, can't get much more out of reach then a space station.

Gives players a place for downtime if they want it, training rooms, and the ability to HART to any part of the planet if they need to (preferably restricted to empire controlled HEXes). They would be crowded, but I think a large enough space station could be made to house 2k players.

Heck you can make a completely different sanct for each empire. NC would have a cave system that was impossible to penetrate. TR would have a massive fortress on their own private continent, and VS would have a space station. Just thoughts.

Last edited by Blackwolf; 2012-04-10 at 11:59 AM.
Old 2012-04-10, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

It's interesting that the poll swung so heavily in favor of TR being on Indar, VS being on Esamir, and NC being on Amerish.

I approve.
Old 2012-04-10, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
MgFalcon
Captain

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
Original lattice in PS1 had Amerish and Esamir both being VS home conts and Ishundar (Indar) a TR home cont. Based off PS1 HCs, I say VS can have Amerish back since it was their favorite of their conts, TR can have Esamir to replace Cery, and NC gets Indar to replace Solsar.
"Everyone recall and zerg to Amerish!!!" I believe I had seen MANY /comall's similar to this back in the day
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion