PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your official babysitter.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-03-26, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SquirrelMan
Staff Sergeant

alright, THAT'S IT. this is getting REALLY ANNOYING.

Alright, I have a strange connection problem in PS. I can log in fine, but when I'm in the game and I load a cont other then Sanc or VR, It loads and then the connection to PS cuts out just when it finishes. Here are my specs

P4 2.4 Ghz 533 FSB
80 GB Hard Drive
512 MB Pc1066 RDRAM (getting another 512)
ATI RADEON 9800 Pro
Integrated sound

now. Where can I get updated drivers for the RADEON, that might help. I have downloaded the Catalyst software, and the drivers seem to be updated. However, there might be a more recent driver. I have Norton Antivirus and a 2Wire homeportal, and I disable the antivirus and the firewall before I play each time. This used to solve the problem, but it is back. How do I fix this? The SOE employees are NO HELP AT ALL. They give me obscure hints about "upgrading the firmware" of the Homeportal without any links at all.

NOTE: A similar problem is occuring for me when I try to play Everquest. After the server select screen, I click "Play Everquest" and then it says "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvinience. If you had any unsaved information, it may be lost" or something like that. This is getting really frustrating. Sometimes I can play either game, sometimes both, and sometimes neither. How do I eliminate this problem entirely and permenently?

EDIT: Furthur complicating the problem, they won't let me post on the official fourums, complaining about how i'm not allowed to post HTML and then giving me a bunch of unintelligible junk:

Message Body: You don't have permission to post HTML. Tag contains restricted 'style' parameter: <P style="MARGIN: 0px"> Tag contains restricted 'style' parameter: <P style="MARGIN: 0px"> Tag contains restricted 'style' parameter: <P style="MARGIN: 0px"> Tag contains restricted 'style' parameter: <P style="MARGIN: 0px"> Tag contains restricted 'style' parameter: <P style="MARGIN: 0px"> Tag contains restricted 'style' parameter: <P style="MARGIN: 0px"> Tag contains restricted 'style' parameter: <P style="MARGIN: 0px"> Tag contains restricted 'style' parameter: <P style="MARGIN: 0px"> Tag contains restricted 'style' parameter: <P style="MARGIN: 0px">

GOD I hate SOE sometimes.

Last edited by SquirrelMan; 2004-03-26 at 10:22 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum