PS1s 10 year Anniversary in regards to PS2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wait stop! Dont shoot, let me read my private message.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-05, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zeta
Private

PS1s 10 year Anniversary in regards to PS2

This pertains to PS2. Many people have been wondering if PS1 is going to go free on the 10 year anniversary May 20th. I'm not sure it will, but the point is this... I'm wondering that if PS1 were to go free would it alleviate all this drama that is going on between the PS1 vs PS2 crowds? First of all, I see no reason why we can't have a community that is both PS1 AND PS2, but for some reason many people have been at each others throats. I'm afraid even people like Smedley have become pissed.

My thoughts are these; if PS1 players were able to have their game, then perhaps the PS2 community would finally be able to become its own. I've noticed that with most sequels, the gamers who prefer their older titles tend to stay with their games. Whereas with PS2 it's like trying to fit two halves into one game, and they aren't fitting.

PS2 would also forever gain the retort "Go play PS1... it's free!" and be able to hang that over any irritants head. That seems like a much more fitting endgame to all this. Especially if it could avoid a situation where if PS1 was shut down we might never be able to get rid of the grudge filled agitants hanging around PS2.

At the very least it would make officiating PS2 and PS1 conversations much easier if they were truly separate.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion