Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2012-03-13, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zulthus
Colonel

Battlefield 3 - Close Quarters Expansion

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefie...BPX5y2B8hUZJcP

If there aren't any vehicle maps then I don't want to play anymore.
Old 2012-03-13, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Re: Battlefield 3 - Close Quarters Expansion

I am so fucking pissed. It's been like 3 months and still no patch.

I don't want some fucking stupid DLC that I'm not going to buy anyway, I that fucking 3 page of patchnotes to be in the goddamn game.
Old 2012-03-14, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

More Rocket/Genade spam otw...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-03-14, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Eighm
Sergeant

I haven't played BF3 in about 3 months. Having more maps like Operation Zergfest is definitely not going to get me back to playing any time soon.
Old 2012-03-14, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Eighm View Post
I haven't played BF3 in about 3 months. Having more maps like Operation Zergfest is definitely not going to get me back to playing any time soon.
You're not the only one who thinks so and that's exactly why the third DLC is called END GAME.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-03-14, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zulthus
Colonel

I am kind of looking forward to Armored Kill, but I probably won't be playing any more BF3 until then.
Old 2012-03-14, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
bjorntju1
Captain

Played BF3 for around 13 hours online and I already got bored with it. Half of the MP maps I don't like. And that fucking motar. With idiot thought it was an good idea to put that in the game? Doesn't help that it has unlimited ammo... (really?) So I am not going to buy the mappack('s). Only if it is a BF2143 mappack.
Old 2012-03-14, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zulthus
Colonel

Battlefield is a vehicle warfare game, it wasn't meant for close quarters infantry-only. BF3 sucks compared to all before it in everything but graphics. 1942 was the very best.

I think Modern Warfare 3 is what you were looking for.
Old 2012-03-14, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Boohoo. People need to stop crying about it. They're doing some different gameplay, big deal, don't buy it then.

2143 is undoubtedly going to be the next game in the BF franchise. DICE need to practice and learn from close quarter gameplay in order to make the Titan battles good.

All the drama and qqing about it is ridiculous. Gamers are the most entitled drama queens in the world. Watching the BF3 community cry about it is like watching an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-14, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
Boohoo. People need to stop crying about it. They're doing some different gameplay, big deal, don't buy it then.

2143 is undoubtedly going to be the next game in the BF franchise. DICE need to practice and learn from close quarter gameplay in order to make the Titan battles good.

All the drama and qqing about it is ridiculous. Gamers are the most entitled drama queens in the world. Watching the BF3 community cry about it is like watching an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras.
Boohoo. Quit crying about people crying about it. It's called an opinion, read up on it a bit.
Old 2012-03-15, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post

I have no issue with the expansions. I agree with you, if I don't feel there's enough value in the content I just won't buy it.

HOWEVER, all of this DLC is completely holding back the real work that needs to be done on the game. Why have we been waiting for this recent patch for nearly four months now? Because they are wasting their time trying to get the next huge cashcow out the door rather then actually support the game.
Old 2012-03-16, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

The patch is certified and probably coming in ~ a week.
DLC is in June.

Obviously, things such as time management and multiple teams do not exist. You canallocate as many people as you have to one thing at a time. And you should! Because more people = a task done faster, always. Tell a million people assemble a single bicycle and it will be done in a tenth of a second. It couldn't possibly be more efficient to have a million people build 100,000 bikes at once.
What-the-fuck-ever. It's pretty damn obvious you've got no rationality about these things. You're just bitching because things aren't perfect for you.

The game works pretty damn well as is, you should not be this upset about it.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2012-03-17, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
What-the-fuck-ever. It's pretty damn obvious you've got no rationality about these things. You're just bitching because things aren't perfect for you.

The game works pretty damn well as is, you should not be this upset about it.
No, I'm bitching because the game had tons of mediocre things about it that needed fixing. They delivered an unfinished game, as well as making some horrible decisions, like Metro for instance.

Post patch will basically be what we should have had last year.
Old 2012-03-17, 02:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

I would be playing a lot more of the game if my pc didn't blue screen after three seconds of playing it.

I have loved every bf game pretty much and I really like this iteration, few things I would tweak but overall good.
Old 2012-03-17, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Coreldan
Colonel

Maps like Grand Bazaar and Seine Crossing are just about the only maps I play anymore nowadays.

I just hate how you cant do shit about vehicles unless you are an engineer, which I just about never am. Might look forward to this, but if the maps are anything similar to Metro, then no thanks. I do love Grand Bazaar very much though.

As for problems with BF3, I dont have much problems other than 1) spawning sucks, half of my deaths are instant from spawn 2) the killcam interrupting menu 3) metro. Those are about it. Otherwise I think the game is extremely solid.

Hmh, checked the trailer. Not sure if I'm fancy over indoors like CQB, I'm afraid it gets metroish. I love the Grand Bazaar type of maps that arnt in your face ranges all the time, but not the sniper paradise of many other maps either. Just about the only thing that can ruin an amazing Grand Bazaar game is when there are some tards hugging nothing but mortar.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-03-17 at 03:16 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion