AGN: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please dont reject me.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Competition Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-08-22, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Re: Community Clash Recording and Feedback

From a spectator standpoint, you definitely need to consider starting earlier, shortening the time, whatever but finishing after midnight on an East coast school night is not likely going to do much for viewer count.
Old 2013-08-22, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kalee J
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
From a spectator standpoint, you definitely need to consider starting earlier, shortening the time, whatever but finishing after midnight on an East coast school night is not likely going to do much for viewer count.
I concur. I mentioned last night that I needed to go to bed and that I would be paying for it at work tomorrow. Here I am, paying for it and dragin' ass, but I did it for Vanu!
Old 2013-08-22, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Kalee J View Post
I concur. I mentioned last night that I needed to go to bed and that I would be paying for it at work tomorrow. Here I am, paying for it and dragin' ass, but I did it for Vanu!
To be fair though they did have technical difficulties that delayed things quite a bit and some other issues throughout that slowed things up. But anyway yeah keep in mind most of US pop is East coast and we do have 2 servers to West coast one. Great action though and a nail biter to the end.
Old 2013-08-22, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bryno
Private

Watching this really made me miss the old PS1 UI where we could see the health of the entire platoon. Some sort of overlay one team across the top and the other across the bottom, showing health bars would have really helped, especially in sudden death. This may be a pipe dream, but hey its a feedback thread!

All in all, this continues to improve! Thanks to all who make this possible.

Last edited by Bryno; 2013-08-22 at 09:11 AM.
Old 2013-08-22, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Bryno View Post
Watching this really made me miss the old PS1 UI where we could see the health of the entire platoon. Some sort of overlay one team across the top and the other across the bottom, showing health bars would have really helped, especially in sudden death. This may be a pipe dream, but hey its a feedback thread!
Yea this requires development time. The observer cam is under development all the time so I'm sure as time goes on we wil start to see things like this.
Old 2013-08-22, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Re: Consolidated Community Clash Feedback Thread

One other thing. Someone in the stream chat mentioned something about wanting to hold things up until the Sun came up. While it may be an interesting aspect to sometimes play at night it makes viewing difficult. It's kind of like going to watch a football game at night and they decide to dim the lights to make things more fun for the players. Meanwhile the crowd can't see crap. I don't know what could be done about that since the game controls the environment in PS2's case but yeah it would probably be more entertaining to the viewer to have more light on the match.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Competition Discussion