The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than a spitfire in your spawn tube!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2011-08-22, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I've been an Elder Scrolls fan since their first game Arena... played all the way and beat every game (even the spin-offs Battlespire and Redguard) through Oblivion.

All I can say is that I'm really really excited for this next installment.

Gameplay trailer:
Watch it, you won't be disappointed.
Old 2011-08-22, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

One of my buddies who used to work at Bioware-Mythic with me is now working for Bethesda, on this game. It's fucking PIMP.

I always wanted an Elder Scrolls MMO, but only if they unfuck the god-awful face artwork that they had in Oblivion.
Old 2011-08-22, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Graywolves
General

wow I absolutley can not wait for skyrim now. lol
Old 2011-08-22, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
bjorntju1
Captain

Thumbs up Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Never played an Elder Scrolls game before, didn't seemed very much fun to me. However i did ordered the Oblivion 5'th anniversary edition today for PC for €20,-. For that price including all the big expansions i'd like to try it out. There are also a shitload of mods if i am correct so that should be fun also And if i don't like the game i do have a nice steelbook hehe. However that edition isn't yet out here in Holland so i need to wait until the 2'th of september. However i have the Nuclear Dawn beta to play this week and not to forget Deus Ex : Human Revolution!

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2011-08-22 at 07:21 PM.
Old 2011-08-22, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

If it has the same follies in face gen and the texture issues as the last game I will probably pass on this. Then again the mods more then made up for the watered down plot of OB and this time around you wont have to actually have to mod in dragons!

Alas if only I had BF3 to fall back on but atleast I wont have to worry about Bethesda pulling the same idiotic gaffe that EA has done with origin. Thus I'll probably end up getting it one way or another...

http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14382&dateline=131370  3750

Last edited by Sovereign; 2011-08-22 at 09:31 PM.
Old 2011-08-22, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
If it has the same follies in face gen and the texture issues as the last game I will probably pass on this. Then again the mods more then made up for the watered down plot of OB and this time around you wont have to actually have to mod in dragons!

Alas if only I had BF3 to fall back on but atleast I wont have to worry about Bethesda pulling the same idiotic gaffe that EA has done with origin. Thus I'll probably end up getting it one way or another...
It's a completely new engine it's done on. They have said the faces and voices are much more varied. The textures are also vastly improved. Also, 300+ hours of side quests...

Can't wait
Old 2011-08-23, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

If you're judging the Elder Scrolls series on the quality of textures/faces, you're doing something wrong. The game has always been more about exploration, plot, lore, and quests. Besides, the ES series has always been ahead of its time in graphics for the most part, with a few mistakes here and there.
Old 2011-08-23, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post

Look at the footage.
Old 2011-08-23, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Raymac
Brigadier General

yeah, I havn't had the chance to play any of the Elder Scrolls games, but I had a great time playing Fallout 3 which looks somewhat similar albiet in a completly different setting. Skyrim looks pretty amazing, so I just hope I have enough time to play it.

Old 2011-08-23, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Oblivion was amazing; one of the few (none PS) games I have put in more than 100 hours into over the years.

And Skrym looks better.
Old 2011-08-23, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
bjorntju1
Captain

What are some must-have mods for Oblivion? So i can download them already and install them immediately when i get the game. (talking about Oblivion of course, not Skyrim)
Old 2011-08-23, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Crator
Major General

The lighting and detail is amazing!
Old 2011-08-24, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Oblivion wasnt my type of game, do a quest, walk 20 mins to the next area and do another quest.

The facial animations were more sickening than all the down time
Old 2011-08-26, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
firecrackerNC
Colonel

Canttt wait for this. My most wanted game of 2011 for sureeee. Bye Bye social life when this comes out. What? You wanna go out to the bar? Fuck that I got Skyrim and beer here buh byee
Old 2011-08-28, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Senyu
First Lieutenant

My social life when it comes...........

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion