News: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time! - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is keeping me from getting laid
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-26, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #151
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Re: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time!

Originally Posted by basti View Post
I really dont understand. What do you need from your parents? what stops you from taking your own cash and buying something via internet?
EDIT: You know what, I'm going to look around and see if there are any jobs...

Last edited by ThermalReaper; 2012-06-26 at 11:23 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-26, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #152
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Anderz View Post
There's a difference between being disappointed and being negative. People have the right to express disappointment and can do so without being a toddler about it, which many of us have.

This announcement is disappointing because it's more or less a 1000 word article amounting to just one: "soon." That word has been flaunted for the last few months, and I was hoping it would be left behind with this announcement. Unfortunately not.
I do know some folks are disappointed and I honestly wish we could have set reasonable expectations when communicating. To be fair, all we promised was an announcement regarding Beta. This is effectively our Closed Beta announcement. It's unlikely we'll announce "Hey we let X number of folks in" and dates are just not something that happens in modern game development. A date is a commitment and we take them seriously.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #153
i see you naked
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hobitt View Post
Ive got a survey and i entered a key from twitter also im from eastern europe and no errors at all

entered my key 2 weeks ago

clicking on the sign up for beta button right now

site tells me im already sign up

no survey, nothing
Old 2012-06-26, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #154
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post
I really can't wait to see you all this weekend. Let's make this the best Planetside event ever
For real.
I took off work for this. People don't eat pizza on Sundays anyway.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #155
demonicale
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Lazaruz View Post
"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

Also... The beta will come at some point, in the mean time, enjoy the summer.
Yeah i intend to now, i'm due on holiday july 7th so now i'll look to that instead
Old 2012-06-26, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #156
Synapses
Sergeant Major

So... This was not really an announcement about Beta... and it was it was an just to confirm our already been told time frame of "Soon".

It is great that everyone is getting free 30 days... but I literally just resubscribed. Oh well.

*sigh* I was really hoping for a date, and really hoping closed beta wouldnt be starting with scheduled times as... well I very rarely have much time to play unless its late evenings.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #157
ZeroArmada
Private

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I do know some folks are disappointed and I honestly wish we could have set reasonable expectations when communicating. To be fair, all we promised was an announcement regarding Beta. This is effectively our Closed Beta announcement. It's unlikely we'll announce "Hey we let X number of folks in" and dates are just not something that happens in modern game development. A date is a commitment and we take them seriously.
The fact that you confirmed that Closed Beta will be starting is enought to make me happy. Thank you!
Old 2012-06-26, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #158
maskedskull
Sergeant

I got a survey. Clicked on the sign up for beta button, entered my SOE account details and the survey was on the page that followed. UK based.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #159
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I can't believe people aren't able to read between the lines.

It's no longer "soon," It's "The beta has officially started, but we're not going to tell you because NDA's and we don't want people who haven't gotten in yet to start raging."

We already knew that not all vets and PCGamer people would get in at the same instant. It will be a ramp up process where these players will trickle in over the next few weeks.

But mark RadarX's words, it has begun. That's as official as we will ever get, until they announce the date of open beta, because closed beta is not getting an official date. This is the date though. It starts today. He practically has said as much, which is as much as he can do.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-26 at 11:25 AM.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #160
Furber
First Sergeant

I have a question, what of the PS1 Vets who also got PC Gamer keys? Where do they stand in the priority pool: with the ps1 vets first priority, or did they actually get pushed down by getting a pc gamer key?
Old 2012-06-26, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #161
i see you naked
Corporal

Originally Posted by maskedskull View Post
I got a survey. Clicked on the sign up for beta button, entered my SOE account details and the survey was on the page that followed. UK based.
u have planetside 1 or not?

i dont
Old 2012-06-26, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #162
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by i see you naked View Post
entered my key 2 weeks ago

clicking on the sign up for beta button right now

site tells me im already sign up

no survey, nothing
Change your browser lannguage to English(US), close and reopen. That worked for me.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #163
helioN
Corporal

Just bought PS1 (with 30 days sub)@ 8 quids.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #164
i see you naked
Corporal

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
I can't believe people aren't able to read through the lines.

It's no longer "soon," It's "The beta has officially started, but we're not going to tell you because NDA's and we don't want people who haven't gotten in yet to start raging."

We already knew that not all vets and PCGamer people would get in at the same instant. It will be a ramp up process where these players will trickle in over the next few weeks.

But mark RadarX's words, it has begun. That's as official as we will ever get, until they announce the date of open beta, because closed beta is not getting an official date. This is the date though. It starts today. He practically has said as much, which is as much as he can do.

lol he never said beta has begun
Old 2012-06-26, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #165
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
You guys did not announce anything about closed beta... All you said was "Its coming after our next internal phase". Right?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion