No certs for HA rocket launchers? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pardon me. What did I eat today?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-11-28, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

No certs for HA rocket launchers?

I unlocked the two NC HA rocket launchers (the Crow and the, errr, shrike?) and was hoping (expecting) to be able to spend certs to improve things like reload time and lock range.

But they appear to have nothing available at all - is this right, or am I doing something wrong?
Old 2012-11-28, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Crator
Major General

Re: No certs for HA rocket launchers?

I doubt it. They don't really have certs to improve any specific areas in weapons I don't think. They would most likely offer something like that as another weapon (side-grade). Would be cool if they did give a sub-system for weapons that uses certifications for weapons with a limit on those abilities using BR.
Old 2012-11-28, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Thinking about it, you're right - it's vehicles and their weapons which are improved by certs rather than hand held weapons, isn't it. CArbines and similar get attachments rather than changes to their core statistics.

I suppose there's the magazine-size increases for the LMGs, but that's about it.
Old 2012-11-29, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Harrod
Corporal

An attachment slot that replaces the top half of the launcher and can EITHER increase lock speed or range and an ammo slot that acts like the HE\AP\HEAT turrets on vehicles would be good.
Old 2012-11-30, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

Aye, they are "equipment" rather than "weapons" somehow
Old 2012-12-01, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
The Messenger
Corporal

Currently there are no cert opetions for rockets although there were in beta so maybe they will return. It was mundane things like extra ammo or faster reload and only useful if you want to be better at taking out vehicles. And IMO, a single HA is the worst thing for AV/AA. There are other things better suited at it, spend your certs on shields and guns first.

And FYI, the other rocket launcher is actually the Hawk; it's air to air. Not that great IMO due to flares and most fighters being able to outmanuever/outrun them. The lock-on crow is decent for taking out tanks but damage is only ok. The starter dumbfire Shreik actually does more damage than the other two. It takes AT LEAST two hawks to kill an ESF; one shreik can set it on fire. Just learn to hit them when they come straight in or hover for a rocket barrage, this will probably get you killed a lot though.
Old 2012-12-01, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by The Messenger View Post
Currently there are no cert opetions for rockets although there were in beta so maybe they will return. It was mundane things like extra ammo or faster reload and only useful if you want to be better at taking out vehicles.
There's a cert for one of those: Munitions Pouch (Suit Slot): Can carry extra rockets
Old 2012-12-02, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
The Messenger
Corporal

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
There's a cert for one of those: Munitions Pouch (Suit Slot): Can carry extra rockets
Sweet, thanks I never saw that. But how many levels and how many extra rockets per?
Old 2012-12-03, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by The Messenger View Post
Sweet, thanks I never saw that. But how many levels and how many extra rockets per?
Up to two extra, I think. Which isn't a lot in absolute terms, but is a big % improvement. Worthwhile for those moments when no-one wanted to play Engineer.
Old 2012-12-03, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Calisai
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Juryrig View Post
Up to two extra, I think. Which isn't a lot in absolute terms, but is a big % improvement. Worthwhile for those moments when no-one wanted to play Engineer.
I guess since you store your spare rockets in your suit rather than on the weapon. You'd think they'd want to suck a few more certs by making it weapon specific (IE 100 certs for added to dumb-fire, and 100 certs for added to lock-on, etc.)

Guess it's nicer for us this way... but just thought they'd use it as a cert-sink.
Old 2012-12-03, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Calisai View Post
I guess since you store your spare rockets in your suit rather than on the weapon. You'd think they'd want to suck a few more certs by making it weapon specific (IE 100 certs for added to dumb-fire, and 100 certs for added to lock-on, etc.)

Guess it's nicer for us this way... but just thought they'd use it as a cert-sink.
Nope, looks like they put all the cert sinks into the weapon attachments. Since none of them are global, meaning you have to buy the same weapon attachment on each type of gun.

Well, cert sink also in cross-class abilities that are the same as well. Only the med and repair applicator certs are global.

Last edited by Crator; 2012-12-03 at 02:59 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions