Can we merge the VS and TR on woodman into one faction - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does cannibalism give us grief points?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Woodman (EU)

Old 2013-07-20, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Can we merge the VS and TR on woodman into one faction

I just had this idea, they always team up together anyway avoiding fighting each other to joint attack the NC so why not merge them into the Vanu republic!. And before you deny it tonight on indar the alert tonight there was literally about 2 squads of Vs and TR attacking each other compared to about 3-4 platoons fighting the NC.... Its obvious the woodman alliance of TR and VS is going strong.

And while I'm on a rant... seriously tonight some people sat in allatum for an HOUR during the alert (I'm guessing farming each other for exp). Then I finally took my platoon there to stop them and took the generator room and guess what... instead of helping they all left!. did I miss something and this isn't a fps after all its actually a exp farming simulator?
Old 2013-07-20, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Osskscosco
Corporal

Re: Can we merge the VS and TR on woodman into one faction

Yes, at Mani we were just hugging each other for 2 hours waiting for the NC so we can kill them.

Then they didn't come so we logged out.
Old 2013-07-21, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
War Barney
Sergeant Major

And again the VS and TR have all but 2 squads fighting each other but many platoons against the NC. I do hope the TR and VS stop this alliance soon, I know the NC are the biggest threat as we have the better players but it would be nice to fight even numbers just once.
Old 2013-07-25, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ketadine
Private

You must be joking! TR are not allied with the VS, not on Woodman anyway and considering that we saved your asses a few times in an alert (example) you could say at least that the TR is not allied with the VS.
Old 2013-07-27, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Angelo
Private

Here's the deal on Woodman at the moment, from a TR perspective:

Vanu are perceived as having superior tactics / ability to shift more players where needed, while in fact they have to fight against lower numbers overall than TR and NC do.
Looking at the map, most fighting is usually happening on the TR/NC border, while both TR/Vanu and NC/Vanu borders have much lower numbers more often than not. That's why the Vanu usually are able to hold much larger territory percentages than they "should be holding" looking at the overall population numbers. Not solely because of superior tactics or ability to shift numbers where needed more quickly.
This is because more TR/NC players seem to prefer to fight against each other, than to fight against Vanu. Or in other words most TR/NC players avoid fighting the Vanu partly because of that falsely perceived superiority of Vanu tactics/numbers.

In order to combat NCs advances against TR territory with larger numbers than the Vanu do, TR has to throw more numbers against the NC forces, than they have to throw against the Vanu (and vice versa for NC, neither NC nor TR are to blame for this, the current situation just evolved somehow).

Thus both TR and NC get the impression of regularly being "double teamed" by the Vanu and the other enemy empire.

If both TR and NC would throw around the same number at the Vanu as they do against each other, Vanu would not seem so superior all of the sudden IMHO.

So again the perceived "double teaming" is a problem of both TR and NC not willing to fight the Vanu as much as they are willing to fight each other. A situation which has established itself over time naturally somehow and will most likely be very hard to remedy.
Old 2013-07-30, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Kuf
Private

Again what I can add to this is only my perspective.

During an alert we (M0O) have to go at the vanu, they have the numbers and usually all the territory. To us it really seems like during the alerts NC just doesn't come to the party.

In between alerts we tend to look for a fight against NC, we can find these reasonably level number fights and slog it out, good fun really. I can see how this might appear to be how you see it, but I assure you, in M0O's point of view anyway, there is defo no double teaming.
Old 2013-08-08, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Cadia
Private

Angelo seems to be right.

TR and NC often bind forces in an pointless fight while an overwhelming VS force takes all allert objektives.
Also I often questioned myselfe why the glory rest of NC forces (10% pop) attaking TR and ignore the VS with 70%.
The answer seems to be as Angelo said.

to be honest, I prefer fighting NC too, but only when it´s nessersary.

teaming up with Vanu Fanatics .... no way. Just a weak, chalenging mind without values can come up with such ideas
Old 2013-08-19, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Loken
Private

There is NO double teaming, it's all down to your perspective when you feel like your back is against the wall. It was no different in PS, but this time the numbers involved are amplified and turned up to 11.

Originally Posted by Kuf View Post
{snip}...To us it really seems like during the alerts NC just doesn't come to the party.
This is pretty much the situation. I've been playing on this server for a week and the NC commitment to Alerts is very poor. I'm debating whether to stick with this or just go back to Miller TR, which I really don't fancy doing tbh.
Old 2013-08-21, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
CorrosiveBspin
Private

From observing the girlfriend playing NC on Miller, NC do sod all when it comes to Platoons and tactics, just seems to be a free for all, hence why they are fail at controlling a continent.

VS4lyfe :P
Old 2013-09-09, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
tricome
Private

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
And again the VS and TR have all but 2 squads fighting each other but many platoons against the NC. I do hope the TR and VS stop this alliance soon, I know the NC are the biggest threat as we have the better players but it would be nice to fight even numbers just once.
There is no alliance with any faction from the VS perspective. We fight everybody, we even have VS who fight us

If you put as much effort into fighting the VS as you do TR you'd do a lot better and would realise we don't team up with anybody.
Old 2014-02-04, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
War Barney
Sergeant Major

How many months down the line... yet more evidence of the TR and VS refusing to fight, hell I was just part of an alert where the TR and VS LITERALLY never had a platoon fight each other they only fought us.

Its getting ridiculous, normally at least a couple of squads of random TR and VS fight each other but along their entire front the most I saw was 1-12 enemies, most of the areas being completely empty.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Woodman (EU)