News: Community Night November 2011 Recording! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Be Sure to Buy Your Planetside Lunchbox!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-11-20, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: Community Night November 2011 Recording!

Strangely enough the thing that really made my eyes open was how they're handling the gunfire. Firing tracers every few rounds rather than constantly is a touch I haven't seen before and it's really nice to see it. (yes, I know that you don't use tracers normally as doing so actually increases the chances of you being killed but I like them.)
Old 2011-11-20, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Awesome.
Old 2011-11-20, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Strangely enough the thing that really made my eyes open was how they're handling the gunfire. Firing tracers every few rounds rather than constantly is a touch I haven't seen before and it's really nice to see it. (yes, I know that you don't use tracers normally as doing so actually increases the chances of you being killed but I like them.)
Totally agreed.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-11-20, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
I also LOVED not only the perceived muzzle velocity but also the amount of bullet drift and drop they seem to have applied. It felt pretty realistic, much better than the CoF system from PS1 (which is what I expected). Seems that bullets are moving quite a bit faster too.

It makes me wonder how the VS weapons are going to handle the tracer effect tho, being energy particle-based and all. I presume every shot will light up.

OMG NERF DA LASHA GLOW!!!! *ducks*

Last edited by Erendil; 2011-11-20 at 04:07 PM.
Old 2011-11-20, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Erendil View Post

It makes me wonder how the VS weapons are going to handle the tracer effect tho, being energy particle-based and all. I presume every shot will light up.
I didnt even think of that yet. My god, Imagine! TR and NC having a big night fight, its pretty dark and you only see see a few tracers every now and then.
And suddenly, VS rush over a hill, and the entire scene just starts glowing purple. Muhaarr awesome!
Old 2011-11-20, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Erendil View Post
I also LOVED not only the perceived muzzle velocity but also the amount of bullet drift and drop they seem to have applied. It felt pretty realistic, much better than the CoF system from PS1 (which is what I expected). Seems that bullets are moving quite a bit faster too.

OMG NERF DA LASHA GLOW!!!! *ducks*
Get some BF3 light effects on lasher orbs, break everybody out into disco.

^^ that, but on crack.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-11-20, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Basti what did you say about me in the AGN, i cant hear it?, but your all laughing?
Old 2011-11-20, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Elude
First Sergeant

This might of been answered before but when they showed the mosquito the first time it had a solid looking window that you could not see through and higby said in past interviews that they would not be doing entering/exiting animations for vehicles or at least not at launch because they would need to redo UVmaps, textures, and add a cockpit to the models.

However now it seems most of the vehicles have an interior as if they did indeed redo and do what was necessary in order for such a feature to work. Does this mean we'll see entering/exiting animations for vehicles now at launch?

On an unrelated note, I enjoy listening to basti, his responses are flawless lol.
Old 2011-11-20, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
Basti what did you say about me in the AGN, i cant hear it?, but your all laughing?
They said you do some cool stuff like enchancing those maps, and now the video screenshots...but you're the most annoying person eva! :P

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-11-20, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
They said you do some cool stuff like enchancing those maps, and now the video screenshots...but you're the most annoying person eva! :P
Well I got a mention but that will do me!
Old 2011-11-20, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
raykor
Private

Very nice. Thanks to all involved.
Old 2011-11-20, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by basti View Post
I didnt even think of that yet. My god, Imagine! TR and NC having a big night fight, its pretty dark and you only see see a few tracers every now and then.
And suddenly, VS rush over a hill, and the entire scene just starts glowing purple. Muhaarr awesome!
"...And the Purple hordes shall wash the Land in glorious Violet radiance as we cleanse the face of Auraxis of the stagnation of Red and Blue and meld them under the Indigo Banner in a singular, united purpose behind our Glorious Sovereign! All hail Vanu!"

What also really impressed me was that both the sun and moon(s) are real-time point light sources, and that the clouds overhead provided variable occlusion of those light sources as they past underneath.

And sure, the sunbeams were impressive, but what hit me more was the first couple of seconds of the first footage where we saw shadows of clouds washing over the far hillside during the sunrise. Just imagine what effect those variable lighting effects will have on locating/tracking enemy forces. Like a cloaked sniper hiding somewhere on a far away rock/tree-strewn hillside...

Last edited by Erendil; 2011-11-20 at 04:23 PM.
Old 2011-11-20, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

On a totally unrelated note. Intro rox. No shit.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2011-11-20, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

fantastic job thanks guys
Old 2011-11-20, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Fab
Sergeant

really a great night and a great show, i don t regret waiting until 3 am to see it live!

Thanks PSU, and Thanks Higby for the ingame footage, that was totally unexpected and i was really shouting in front of the sreen (woke up my wife...).

The game looks really great and we really learnt a terrific amount of new things!

Also seeing the 1k TRay live was fun, especially when he spied the ghosts twitter accounts...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion