Global Agenda - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: bet this is the first time you have soon this quote!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2011-10-17, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
joemonkey
Private

Global Agenda

Dug around slightly looks like the only discussion was back when it was in the Alpha phase. Wondering if anyone is playing this?

A few Black Widow got into it earlier this month and there are a few of us in it. I went and bought myself elite and a booster after about an hour of playing, but it is a F2P game currently if you wanted to test it out. I am personally having a blast with it so far.

It does have its flaws, but I find the enjoyment really outweighing the negatives at the moment.
Old 2011-10-17, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Wahooo
Captain

Re: Global Agenda

I still play some. I enjoy it in small doses. It is nothing like it was at release when I had outfit mates that played, and that was nothing like it was during Alpha when HiRez invited entire PS outfits like DT, KoTR, Hell's Rangers.
Looking forward to Tribes:Ascend some. I played a little in the Alpha of that but didn't have as much time as I wanted. Haven't pre-ordered yet. It isn't T1 but I found it as fun as T2.
Old 2011-10-17, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SKYeXile
Major General

I would play it but the netcode is to horrible for an arena style "MMO".
Old 2011-10-17, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Graywolves
General

I played it, but it got pretty old quickly.

I think gear becomes too important in higher levels.
Old 2011-10-18, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Wahooo
Captain

The gear thing is weird... yeah it is important but not super important. Enough to keep the RPG kiddies reaching for that carrot and buying boosters to get the tokens to get the epic stuff.
Big issue for a lot of PS players that played at release if you got back into it now you may want to simply start a new toon as yeah gear does make some difference and you will be woefully undergeared if you had high level toons you stopped playing ~april may of last year like so many did.
I still see some PS player's names here and there when i'm on, ran into Gurney last night.
Old 2011-10-18, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I'm on as FireflyBWC.

What's funny is that I'm probably under-geared. And yet, I get a lot of kills. So... yeah.
Old 2011-10-19, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
joemonkey
Private

Gear does sort of matter...i mean if you're running around in greens and random power reduction weapons you're an idiot to start with

if you finish the pve stuffs you should have a decent set of blue armor and weapons and blue mods are super cheap. there is an upgrade when you go from blue to purple, but player skill will out perform the minor 4% dmg increase.

that said i am still very much enjoying myself

oh and GurneyHalek? tell him he sucks at medic next time you see him for me
Old 2011-10-19, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by joemonkey View Post
oh and GurneyHalek? tell him he sucks . next time you see him for me
Sure thing.

Yeah, I actually have been playing some on a free account just to see what that was like and to have a little knowledge to tell people to STFU about it. The new desert zone with all the blue equipment makes the F2P much more viable... although I cheated and sent mods from my main rather than have to save up and buy crap mods.
Old 2011-10-19, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
joemonkey
Private

yea i dont remember the north sonara quests and their rewards but if they drop the same blue armor pieces you can snag for 5k credits in the shop then yea F2P is a hell of a lot more viable. blue mods are stupid cheap so there aint any real good reason to not be running around in halfway decent armor/weps these days.

kind of does take away some of the gear gap between F2P and paying folks which i like because it makes the games more challenging
Old 2011-10-20, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Wahooo
Captain

North Sonoran Desert was added in the last patch, less than a month ago, would explain not remembering it. It is also very farmable for mats, which i've done running GA in the back ground while working, AFK farming so I throw epic mods around my toons like nothing. Full blue kit from NS and picking up some blue DD weapons from desert drops like Beatstick/Dweller Rifle and maybe from running PVE like an Adreno gun/hellotmini/assassin blade and a F2P player is right in there. Tokens take soooooo long to build up though. But meh whattaya want for nothin?

Yeah SKY I still see Aussies in game. I have no idea how they play, or why they continue, but there area few who have been around for a long time. TA is supposed to have Aussie servers I think.
Old 2011-10-21, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
joemonkey
Private

Haha I only have a level 50, 30, 20....my 50 medic i did run through the majority of the quests but stopped because i was enjoying the merc matches more

the 30 i took to 21 in regular Sonara, kitted him out and played super tank in the >30 games....should mention it was played poorly for the gear i had:P the gear kept me average lmao

the 20 i just cranked out to try afk roboing for lowbie mats for crafting but never really got into it.

all in all i am digging this game, learning the medic ropes fairly well, and enjoying it immensely.
Old 2011-10-21, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Krowe
Sergeant

I like it, but I lag and stutter constantly. My guess is its their end, because my computer can run a lot of games at ultra settings if I wanted it to.
Old 2011-10-21, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Krowe View Post
I like it, but I lag and stutter constantly. My guess is its their end, because my computer can run a lot of games at ultra settings if I wanted it to.
I'm running it on ultra settings. Not having any issues at all. I see that you discount your computer... did you perhaps think about your internet connection?
Old 2011-10-22, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Krowe
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I'm running it on ultra settings. Not having any issues at all. I see that you discount your computer... did you perhaps think about your internet connection?
Internet runs very well here, for a college box. I very rarely have problems staying connected to teamspeak or various other games.

Only game that has a problem is BC2, which kicks me every few rounds randomly, but there is absolutely no stuttering.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion