Suspending Premium - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cheese is nothing. Behold, The Power of Wang.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-16, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Qwan
Captain

Re: Suspending Premium

Dont feel bad I havent gotten my 500 SC for my monthly subscription, I just pay month to month, and if I dont feel like paying I just dont pay for that month. Its a lovely world.
Old 2013-01-16, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Beerbeer
Major

Thanks, going to ask them. Never hurts to try.
Old 2013-01-16, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
Everyone please stop.....just STOP asking for refunds or for a change to the terms YOU agreed to....I am embarassed for you. This is a free to play game, YOU did not have to invest a dime, YOU chose to. YOU clicked yes to the agreement of purchase and it's YOU who have the choice to play it or not.

Take some personal accountabililty........if we all had to drop $60 from the get go in a traditional sense to even be able to play the game I would understand how the consumer would have a right to stomp their foot, but this was all consumer (YOU) choice and SOE put NO MONEY BARRIERS up to gain access to PS2.

You may not be happy with what you bought or you may not have time to enjoy what you bought......but it was YOU who made the decision. So go look in a mirror and tell yourself YOU will be more cautious next time and stop wasting internet space being a cry baby or trying to rally support for YOUR mistake.

OP post may be logical after the fact, but it is however after the fact and YOU should have thought about that before hand regardless.
This... Personal accountability
Old 2013-01-16, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Beerbeer
Major

You know this goes both ways. I hold Sony just as accountable. You want them to piss down your back and blame yourself for allowing them to do it, then so be it. You want to happily go on getting lemons, thinking it's lemonade, that's your prerogative and I'm sure Sony is thankful for these types of people.

I buy something, I'm not satisfied and I'm supposed to eat it? If that's the case, I have a lot great stuff I can sell you that looks good on the surface.
Old 2013-01-16, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
You know this goes both ways. I hold Sony just as accountable. You want them to piss down your back and blame yourself for allowing them to do it, then so be it. You want to happily go on getting lemons, thinking it's lemonade, that's your prerogative and I'm sure Sony is thankful for these types of people.

I buy something, I'm not satisfied and I'm supposed to eat it? If that's the case, I have a lot great stuff I can sell you that looks good on the surface.
Beerbeer, Sony made an offer and you agreed to it. Sony is holding up their end. YOU made a decision you are now not happy with Sony is still fufilling their end of the deal regardless of what YOU think of the deal YOU agreed to.

There are plenty of people out there who may be just fine if not completely happy with their Membership and what they are getting out of it. Just because your not does not make SOE wrong. Also where were you mis-led by SOE in the purchase Membership purchase agreement? Have they not delivered on an element of the Membership they said the would??? I'm not talking about the game, the game was not what you purchased.

Beerbeer I do not want to sound offensive here (here comes the offense lol) but if you feel SOE is pissing down your back...well go look in the mirror at the guy who invited them to do it by clicking a box that was marked "I Agree".

Beerbeer, I wish you the best man, I am not trying to get a rise out of you or anything man, but you sound like my 5 year old that was pissed that Santa did not get him a $200 Kindle for Christmas and would rather cry about that than play with all the other toys he did get.

Step back man take a breath..I hope you can find some joy in PS2 or something else that will fufill you. Go play Chivalry...great hillarious way to blow off steam haha.

Last edited by VaderShake; 2013-01-16 at 04:02 PM.
Old 2013-01-16, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
james
Sergeant Major

Here we go again. Both parties are accountable rather you like it or not.

The end user is at fault for allowing SOE to sucker them into buying a long term sub. Yes it says it not refundable, people aren't blind. Its an example of why you shouldn't trust gaming companies.

SOE is at fault for making a sub standard game. Which has caused aspects of the promise bonuses to be worthless. First propriety log in clue. In the 6 weeks i had premium, i had to use it twice. One of the reasons why many people i knew bought it. This is now useless do to crappy population. Secondly the resource boost is useless, do to the broken resource system. You never run out.

The only plus is the 50% xp boost, but even then, but even then that value seems to be decreased do to triple cash coming once per quarter. Bringing down a year of boost to a valve of $86.67. Early access to items, nope new guns have come out to the gen population at the same time, all we got was fins. The final part 6k station cash over 12 months. Once again because of triple cash its valve is $20. So the total value of the 12 month sub $106.67. Actual price $119.99. Yep so unless population goes up greatly, or the resource system is less of a joke, both i doubt. You are being screwed out of $13.32. Thats at the discounted rate to.

Now on to can the consumer ask for a refund or stop on their sub. Yes, there is no problem with asking. If a product is not up to standard i can ask for a refund. Does SOE have to do anything no. It is SOE choice rather or not they want to provide the consumer with any type of service. I do appealed SOE Support they gave me a partial refund for my sub. Just because you may not understand how good customer service works, does not mean you should bash every user that asks a question.

TLDR: Premium is a rip off, and for those unhappy with premium, just ask SOE support, its their job to make paying customers happy. Most premium users also dumped money into Smed bucks.
Old 2013-01-16, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by james View Post
Here we go again. Both parties are accountable rather you like it or not.

The end user is at fault for allowing SOE to sucker them into buying a long term sub. Yes it says it not refundable, people aren't blind. Its an example of why you shouldn't trust gaming companies.

SOE is at fault for making a sub standard game. Which has caused aspects of the promise bonuses to be worthless. First propriety log in clue. In the 6 weeks i had premium, i had to use it twice. One of the reasons why many people i knew bought it. This is now useless do to crappy population. Secondly the resource boost is useless, do to the broken resource system. You never run out.

The only plus is the 50% xp boost, but even then, but even then that value seems to be decreased do to triple cash coming once per quarter. Bringing down a year of boost to a valve of $86.67. Early access to items, nope new guns have come out to the gen population at the same time, all we got was fins. The final part 6k station cash over 12 months. Once again because of triple cash its valve is $20. So the total value of the 12 month sub $106.67. Actual price $119.99. Yep so unless population goes up greatly, or the resource system is less of a joke, both i doubt. You are being screwed out of $13.32. Thats at the discounted rate to.

Now on to can the consumer ask for a refund or stop on their sub. Yes, there is no problem with asking. If a product is not up to standard i can ask for a refund. Does SOE have to do anything no. It is SOE choice rather or not they want to provide the consumer with any type of service. I do appealed SOE Support they gave me a partial refund for my sub. Just because you may not understand how good customer service works, does not mean you should bash every user that asks a question.

TLDR: Premium is a rip off, and for those unhappy with premium, just ask SOE support, its their job to make paying customers happy. Most premium users also dumped money into Smed bucks.
Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post

No It goes one way.
You made a deal and the product was free to test.

I have premium and do not feel ripped off.
now if SOE made huge changes in the game then they might have some ethical if not legal responsibility - but as is no one has room to say they feel they were treated unfairly or are owned more than they bargained for.
Old 2013-01-16, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

-stuff-

-more stuff-
I picked this. I knew hardcore players and fans would get gouged. Someone on another thread asked if I get tired of being so negative and cynical all the time (or something close to that), but here's another example of my paranoia saving me from being shafted.

I knew that resources would be meaningless. I just didn't realise that it'd come so quickly. I expected a bit of whining and then about 6 months after release is when the devs would cave to pressure.

I also did the maths. I knew there'd be a double XP weekend and I also knew there would be some sort of Christmas SC sale. I had no idea it'd be 3x SC and 2x XP though! And to have them both on at the same time was genius!

So I dropped $100 to get 30000 SC. at 500SC/week for the 50% bonus XP, that runs out in 60 weeks, plus I can insta buy any weapons I want as I have the SC sitting there.

A subscription only gives you 500 SC a month, so that 700SC weapon takes 2 months to get.

So my mates who all paid $7 for a dalton... I got it for $2.33 and I got to use it to its bonus full potential as well!

If I bought alpha squad and had a 6 month subscription, I'd be pretty upset right now.
Old 2013-01-16, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
No It goes one way.
You made a deal and the product was free to test.

I have premium and do not feel ripped off.
now if SOE made huge changes in the game then they might have some ethical if not legal responsibility - but as is no one has room to say they feel they were treated unfairly or are owned more than they bargained for.
To each there own. But i find it hard for anyone to disagree that the value of premium has not dropped in the past month. I am no way saying PS2 is a crappy game, heck i have 7+ days into. I know many of my friends who had premium and couldn't play do to how SOE broke the game with the crashing. Which they ignore for several weeks. Plus the game has changed hugely in the past few weeks, do to low population, and poor game play choices which aren't as prevalent with high population

I'm just annoyed by the community bashing anyone who is just asking a question about premium. As i said if sony wants to offer refunds, because people are unhappy its their choice. The money isn't coming out of your pocket so who cares. Its the cost of business. But then you bought premium so why argue with you. You feel a need to rational your purchase. Its human nature just look at the so called console wars.

Last edited by james; 2013-01-16 at 07:46 PM.
Old 2013-01-16, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Brusi
Contributor
Major

The cell phone comparison is horrible though, as you pay by the month, not 6 or 12
The example highlights the contractual agreement, not the payment scheme. ;p

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion