Why is NC so Popular? - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Creaming a Vanu in an enforcer: Priceless
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-14, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
Troscus
Corporal

Re: Why is NC so Popular?

Originally Posted by SideOfBeef View Post
No, because that's largely false. And irrelevant.
Originally Posted by Crator View Post
You're irrelevant!
Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
This whole idea is irrelevant. I actually chose NC because they are distinctly anti-establishment.
The idea, or the topic? It's a general question that is fun to talk about. Not sure how my statement was irrelevant in the context.
I meant the NC = blue/gold = police = good guys. It just seemed really tenuous. I understand the color scheme is similar, but I think in reality the NC would be somewhat anti-policing.

I dunno. Maybe I'm jumping at nothing. Seen too many police do some not very good-guy things to really understand the comparison.
Oh, so you mean the "FUCK THE POLICE" stance that some take? I see... Whateva' G
No, that's not what I mean at all. In my eyes NC are about freedom and self-regulation, not doing sociopathic things in spite of the law. Theres a distinct difference.

Now, if you'll kindly stop trolling this thread, we can get back into some semblance of logical thought.
I'm not trolling... And I still don't see how my comment was irrelevant in the least...
All of above is irrelephant. More importantly, elephants are the biggest land mammals still alive. They have been divided in two families: The Elephas and the Loxodonta. Actually, there are only three species of elephants still present: The African bush Elephant, The African Asian Elephant and the Asian Elephant (Indian Elephant). The mammoths were part of this family, but had completely disappeared by 2000 B-C.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	35fzav.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	644  
Old 2012-06-14, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
windlord
Corporal

The world map on facebook is completely broken or perhaps I should say non-functional.
Old 2012-06-14, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Jaenus View Post
So stow the country hate and discuss PS2.
Seconded. Stop mixing your real world depressing bullcrap with my PS2.
Old 2012-06-14, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Lets take a chill pill folks.
Old 2012-06-14, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Jaenus
Private

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Thanks Goku.
Old 2012-06-14, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by The Degenatron View Post
First, the Blue and Gold are not ugly. I think they look great together.
Problem is that most of the time it doesn't really look Blue and Gold, it looks like Blue and Light Yellow. They need to make the NC yellows darker.
Old 2012-06-14, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #142
Chinchy
Staff Sergeant

A picture is worth 1000 words.

Old 2012-06-14, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chinchy View Post
A picture is worth 1000 words.

I concur!
Old 2012-06-14, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
Chinchy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kriegson View Post
I concur!
He he he
Old 2012-06-14, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Which one you got? Blue or red? Cause if it's red my body can't take it. :P

Originally Posted by Troscus View Post
All of above is irrelephant. More importantly, elephants are the biggest land mammals still alive. They have been divided in two families: The Elephas and the Loxodonta. Actually, there are only three species of elephants still present: The African bush Elephant, The African Asian Elephant and the Asian Elephant (Indian Elephant). The mammoths were part of this family, but had completely disappeared by 2000 B-C.
Talk about irrelevancy!
Old 2012-06-14, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Troscus
Corporal

Talk about irrelevancy!
Irrelinfancy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	funny_success_baby_meme_640_43.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	645  
Old 2012-06-14, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Because Freedom!

Last edited by Landtank; 2012-06-14 at 09:26 PM.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Since this thread got dug back up, I'm with Hamma. I don't think I ever saw global pops skewed more than maybe 36-37% in my playtime. That's pretty damn even for a moving target.

Personally, I chose NC because I fell in love with the Gauss Rifle. The fairly tight 3-round burst followed by WTF BLOOM!? felt good if you could control it well. Sure, it's not Vanu accuracy, but it was still accurate enough to reward aim.

I grew to love the Vanguard's 150mm, though I appreciated the Prowler's heavy arc on occasion -- shelling over walls into courtyards was always a fun treat, since the Vanguard couldn't really manage it. I never liked the Sparrow as much as the Burster, but that goes without saying.

It was the Gauss and the helmets that sold me on the faction, though.

Originally Posted by Kalbuth View Post
And in the first months of PS1, when VS was the underpowered "common pool" empire (apart from 2 weeks of Lasher 2.0 folly), we were doing stupid stunts most of the time. Our tank was known for mowing people, not for his canon
This kind of amuses me, because you say it as if being known as the "Magmower" was derogatory towards its efficiency at killing enemies. Trust me, it wasn't. Most Magrider drivers had more kills than Vanguard gunners, I'm pretty sure.

Last edited by kaffis; 2012-06-14 at 09:53 PM.
Old 2012-06-14, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
WNxThentar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
I was arguing with a friend about what faction we should play, he was saying VS, I was saying TR. Eventually we got to a point where I said I thought VS would be the most popular so it wouldn't be fun, and he goes and says NC will obviously be the most popular, with the VS being the least popular.

I called bullshit, but all evidence says it is true. Why is it that the faction with the ugliest colors, slowest vehicles, and worst overall goal are the most popular?
You base this on a sampling of you and your friend? I didn't know a sample of 2 was statistically relevant.

You'd be surprised at how balanced the empires where back in the day.

I think the 3 factions cater to 3 different play styles. But with the new customisation you can tweak your weapons to behave like one of the other empires. Then you can base it on more role playing choices. For those that say this isn't a role playing game I'll ask you "How many of you actually have fought in a war ... like this one :P"

This hopefully won't be like SWG where there was just stupid implementations of incentives. To give you an example in BETA and release if you were on the Empire's faction you could get a AT-ST as a faction reward and that pet was killer. As a rebel...furniture to put in your house. :/ I can tell you I never won a single PVP battle due to the desk I put in my office.
Old 2012-06-14, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #150
Malachi
Private

It's not complicated - people like bullets. Lots of bullets. (I'm under the impression that TR is the most popular, btw)

Last edited by Malachi; 2012-06-14 at 10:28 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion