Dynamic Bases - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where has eMa's quote gone?? Oh here it is....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2009-11-28, 02:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kumoblade
Corporal

Re: Dynamic Bases

This goes along with the whole RTS idea from one point of view.

The problem with the idea, is if it requires a massive amount of people to build up things, when populations start to decline, its more work for the few.
Old 2009-11-28, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Tikuto
Major

Originally Posted by Kumoblade View Post
The problem with the idea, is if it requires a massive amount of people to build up things, when populations start to decline, its more work for the few.

I'm sure there's a solution to change that somehow. Fewer things to build-up, less time to build them, etc, etc... A big lego-block in the sky that carries 2 pasengers (preferably other engineers) could easily be used to contruct a base-camp if it's worked around a maximum timescale of 30minutes: 10minutes for each person (driver and 2 passengers all Engineers); 10 minutes to finalize this mobile base/camp. 10minutes is nothing; it's one person deploying an AMS and securing it in PS1.

Last edited by Tikuto; 2009-11-28 at 05:49 AM.
Old 2009-11-30, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
JackEarthrider
Corporal

The deploy-able vehicles sound like a good idea, but there would probably have to be a smaller concentration of real bases for people to bother with them (as there are a lot of bases on each map currently).

It would definitely give the players more power to determine the strategy on the field, as well as open up new methods of coordination; however, this is probably something that would require a new game to implement well.

Great Idea though.
Old 2009-12-09, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

This is a fantastic idea, I could spend all night dribbling my follow up thoughts into this thread, but I do have some work to do... anyway....

To get this to work would hopefully see a major overhaul in the way battles are fought and some vehicles are used.

1. Destroy towers.
2. Reduce the number of pre determined bases, or simply make the space in between them bigger, increasing the size of continents.
3. Alter the AMS to become more building like when it deploys, give the driver to choose either a cloak, shield bubble or automated defence weapon system. AMSs should also regen health of those around it.
4. Alter the Lodestar to become more building like when it deploys (could deploy in the air or on the ground) and make it have equipment terminals on the outside and most importantly allow troops to spawn vehicles from it. Also give it the option to have a shield, cloak bubble or automated defence weapon system.

With these changes, particularly 3 and 4 we see the start of these player made bases; we have spawn points for both troops and aircraft, and we have equipment terminals to rearm at. The drivers also have the option for going down a stealth, assault or defensive base with the modules.

Now, combined with the engineering deployable equipment we already have a fully functioning base, apart from structures for radar and certifications (very rarely used in the field anyway).

We could see the deployable manned turrets become automated when not manned, and able to be designed with general purpose or dedicated AI/AV/AA weapons.
Old 2009-12-09, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JackEarthrider
Corporal

I think you could also make it more interesting if vehicles like the flail were deployable (this would take a min or two) making them as much a part of a deployable base as the lode or the AMS, also they would have to shoot at points at the radar. (that way people could mark targets for them and call for strikes).

Also the radar could easily be something the combat engineers could deploy (deployable attenna or mini tower) and of course be destructable.

I think the only thing I would want more of would be longer constructable barricades just so the area couldnt be instantly overrun by armor.

Last edited by JackEarthrider; 2009-12-09 at 03:05 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion